James Davis

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO Bandit
Buckaroo

Anyone know the status of this running back? He was supposed to be a great find for the Pokes. Since we are going to be needing a stud back or two I wanted to know if he was still in the mix.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 323 times
Been liked: 127 times

Still with UW, redshirted his first year, and rode the pine last year. I imagine that it was probably tough to get any reps with Dmo & Wynel in the mix, and Darius Terry being a sophmore and seeing action (although limited) in all 12 games. He will surely be counted on next year!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
armchaircoach
Buckaroo

Does not practice very hard--based on watching him in 10 or so practices. I think we will go JC before he sees any time. He looks more like a D-2 guy and then only if he starts working at it.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

armchaircoach wrote:Does not practice very hard--based on watching him in 10 or so practices. I think we will go JC before he sees any time. He looks more like a D-2 guy and then only if he starts working at it.
That is surprising. He was a late pickup after James Wright decommitted at the last minute to sign with New Mexico. At the time I thought we lost a good back just to find an even better one. I sure hope that a new offense and abscence of Thunder and Lightning will help him find his full potential. I thought back then he would start as soon as D-mo and Wynel graduated and he still has the ability to do that, but if Darius Terry is a harder worker then that says a lot as well. Hard work is a result of desire, and desire makes a difference in the outcome of games. Most good offenses need 2 good backs, to keep fresh, and in case one gets hurt. Lets hope JD and DARIUS both have Monster careers AND hold on the the ball.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!