watching the Loyola game

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

our guys keep taking 3's from like 5-6 feet behind the 3 point arc. I can not understand this, they have not made a single one from that far.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

wyo up 30-24 at the half
NCWyo
Buckaroo

one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Schoyer barely beats a 0-7 (now 0-8) team. How pathetic. It is going to be a loooong season for the basketball fans. Especially those who think Schoyer is a good hire and a good coach.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

wyo wins 62-55
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

With our weak schedule, there should be plenty of confidence going into the regular season. What was the final score?

err.. n/m. Didn't see WyoAg's post.
ImageImageImageImage
NCWyo
Buckaroo

This was my first chance to see the Pokes play this year (thanks AG for the link). Afam can score but can't do much else. Waddell is athletic, strong and active, just not very effective. Ewing and Orrigi did not do much. Based on what I had heard about this team, I must say I was not impressed. I hope they get better.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 61 times

A win on the road is always a good thing. We didn't play very well tonight, but we came away with the W. I understand that Loyola Marymount is a pretty bad team, but keep in mind that they gave Notre Dame a pretty good game earlier this year. I'll take a win on the road no matter who the team is. I guess I'm not understanding why people are so down on this team. We are MUCH better than last year. Are we supposed to expect a top 25 team already? I want to see improvement from year to year and so far I've seen that. I know we are losing a pretty talented backcourt duo at the end of the season, but I honestly believe we will be even better next year. Don't forget, Thiam will be back for the next game. This guy is the real deal.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

TheRealUW wrote:A win on the road is always a good thing. We didn't play very well tonight, but we came away with the W. I understand that Loyola Marymount is a pretty bad team, but keep in mind that they gave Notre Dame a pretty good game earlier this year. I'll take a win on the road no matter who the team is. I guess I'm not understanding why people are so down on this team. We are MUCH better than last year. Are we supposed to expect a top 25 team already? I want to see improvement from year to year and so far I've seen that. I know we are losing a pretty talented backcourt duo at the end of the season, but I honestly believe we will be even better next year. Don't forget, Thiam will be back for the next game. This guy is the real deal.
Seriously? MUCH better? We have a winning record against teams that are below .500. The only team that we have played with a winning record is Boise and we lost. A road win over an 0-8 team is good. BARELY winning is pathetic. But, for the Schoyer fans, this is what they will get, an overall win record of below .500 just like in Portland.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

one-smooth-poke wrote:
TheRealUW wrote:A win on the road is always a good thing. We didn't play very well tonight, but we came away with the W. I understand that Loyola Marymount is a pretty bad team, but keep in mind that they gave Notre Dame a pretty good game earlier this year. I'll take a win on the road no matter who the team is. I guess I'm not understanding why people are so down on this team. We are MUCH better than last year. Are we supposed to expect a top 25 team already? I want to see improvement from year to year and so far I've seen that. I know we are losing a pretty talented backcourt duo at the end of the season, but I honestly believe we will be even better next year. Don't forget, Thiam will be back for the next game. This guy is the real deal.
Seriously? MUCH better? We have a winning record against teams that are below .500. The only team that we have played with a winning record is Boise and we lost. A road win over an 0-8 team is good. BARELY winning is pathetic. But, for the Schoyer fans, this is what they will get, an overall win record of below .500 just like in Portland.

Seriously? Do you even have a clue what you are talking about? Did you or any one else on here know when Heath Schroyer took over the Portland State coaching job it was well known as the worse coaching location in the entire US. I believe I read they didn't even have a gym when he took over. They were also in the transition from DII to DI. You think it is hard to recruit to Wyoming, it is a piece of cake compared to Portland State at that time. Do you know what condition the Wyoming team was when Heath Schroyer came here? The team academics were in a critical state and it was only with very firm and speedy action of Heath Schroyer that we only lost one scholarship due to APR. We had some athletes, but there was no discipline on the team and the team played street ball. I don't know what your problem with Heath Schroyer is, but I don't share your opinions of him and don't put any value on your posts about him.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

WYCowboy wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:

Seriously? Do you even have a clue what you are talking about? Did you or any one else on here know when Heath Schroyer took over the Portland State coaching job it was well known as the worse coaching location in the entire US. I believe I read they didn't even have a gym when he took over. They were also in the transition from DII to DI. You think it is hard to recruit to Wyoming, it is a piece of cake compared to Portland State at that time. Do you know what condition the Wyoming team was when Heath Schroyer came here? The team academics were in a critical state and it was only with very firm and speedy action of Heath Schroyer that we only lost one scholarship due to APR. We had some athletes, but there was no discipline on the team and the team played street ball. I don't know what your problem with Heath Schroyer is, but I don't share your opinions of him and don't put any value on your posts about him.
I agree, everyone's entitled to their opinion but this one's senseless. Shroyer's been here less than a season and a half and he's being cooked by drive-by fans. I don't care who they've played or what the other teams' records are, this Poke BB team is much better than anything McLain put together (with the possible exception of one NCAA team). I must be one of those "Shroyer fans" since I'm not beating them up for a 6-1 record.
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"