3 million dollars in increased budget by 2021 and everything

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Wyolie Coyote wrote:
Should of made it a package deal with Bohl and the AD at NDSU. I believe that dude has a mission and he shares the second least populated state with another state funded university. Would be just what this department needs but instead it's just more of the same.
^^^THIS^^^

I have seen that particular AD getting some heat from the state regarding not playing the other state school. Do not know the whole story though. :coffee:
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

If you read closely, the plan calls for an increase of $3mil ANNUALLY:
Cowboy Junky wrote:Estimated cost: 3 million annually
But this is the part that concerns me:
Cowboy Junky wrote:Funding Mechanism: To be determined
So we need $3mil a year, but we have no way of seeing that happen right now. I think Burman has hitched his wagon to Bohl turning around the football program and putting more butts in seats. Increased ticket sales - and probably increased prices - will get some if not most of that 3mil.

Win and they will come, but we're still a long way off from that right now.

GO POKES!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

wellpoke wrote:If you read closely, the plan calls for an increase of $3mil ANNUALLY:
Cowboy Junky wrote:Estimated cost: 3 million annually
But this is the part that concerns me:
Cowboy Junky wrote:Funding Mechanism: To be determined
So we need $3mil a year, but we have no way of seeing that happen right now. I think Burman has hitched his wagon to Bohl turning around the football program and putting more butts in seats. Increased ticket sales - and probably increased prices - will get some if not most of that 3mil.

Win and they will come, but we're still a long way off from that right now.

GO POKES!
Exactly. Burman is projecting a $21,000,000 increase in revenue over the next 7 years, but there is nothing to indicate where the money is going to come from. We aren't talking chump change here, we are talking about almost doubling revenues from $27,000,000 in 2010 to $48,000,000 in 2021. He also doesn't take into account that some revenue sources will dry up, meaning that the funding sources will also have to cover revenue shortfalls. I live in Nevada, and I am a betting man and I will wager that there is no way Wyoming is even close to $48,000,000 in revenue in 2021.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

He is guessing, hoping, wishing, banking, Bohl gets this thing turned around quick and attendence goes through the roof.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

If the plan is to add 3 million a year to the budget, totaling 21 million in budget increases by 2021, that would be about right.

Does anyone actually believe that our A.D. is that ambitious, or that the department would set their goals that high? I don't.

Either way, they don't even have a plan to add 3 million. They have: to be determined.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

I find it hard to believe that they would put something like this out there without having SOME kind of plan to address it. I think Burman is hoping that ticket sales go up, that the legislature will come around, that maybe the University administration will drop some in the bucket, and that they will find some more dollars from donors. All of that together might give them what they're looking for, maybe even a little more.

But to put this plan out there without at least addressing some of those ideas is pretty ridiculous. My guess is that Burman has some idea where this money is coming from, but a lot of it is dependent on outside factors.

Like I said... Win, and they will come, and their dollars along with 'em.

GO POKES!
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

wellpoke wrote:I find it hard to believe that they would put something like this out there without having SOME kind of plan to address it. I think Burman is hoping that ticket sales go up, that the legislature will come around, that maybe the University administration will drop some in the bucket, and that they will find some more dollars from donors. All of that together might give them what they're looking for, maybe even a little more.

But to put this plan out there without at least addressing some of those ideas is pretty ridiculous. My guess is that Burman has some idea where this money is coming from, but a lot of it is dependent on outside factors.

Like I said... Win, and they will come, and their dollars along with 'em.

GO POKES!
Don't know how many time I have to say it buttttt this is why Randy was hired. :popcorn:

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
WyoAlum1987
Ranch Hand

Great plan..

Hire someone and hope a miracle happens..

why not just buy lottery tickets to fund it
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 156 times

Waiting on lottery getting up and running is like waiting on conference championships
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 126 times

VisorHair wrote:Don't know how many time I have to say it buttttt this is why Randy was hired. :popcorn:
I probably am just not getting it - it has been a helluva week. But, what do you mean?

I thought Randy was hired because he was easy to hire. In all aspects.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote:
VisorHair wrote:Don't know how many time I have to say it buttttt this is why Randy was hired. :popcorn:
I probably am just not getting it - it has been a helluva week. But, what do you mean?

I thought Randy was hired because he was easy to hire. In all aspects.
Randy Welniak, back at Fresno, was key in getting Fresno to build their new basketball arena, the Savemart Center (though he had nothing to do with the naming of it). He was brought on for those kinds of things.
wylrae
Buckaroo

"...win and they will come..."
Gee some of us have been saying that for several years! However the philosophy that is coming out of the Athletic Department seems to be more slanted toward thinking that "building pretty facilities" will put butts in the seats and greatly improve our recruiting. Sure pretty facilities are nice but we have had times in the past (before the pretty facility mania took over) where there were quite a few butts in the seats and some pretty awesome recruits ended up playing at UW. My respect for past coaches has increased quite significantly over the past few years (well excluding Heath who I felt left Portland St. because it looked like things were going to be more difficult once his inherited team left and he was looking at rebuilding a program pretty much from scratch was starring him in the face) seeing as how they had to coach in and recruit to such inadequate facilities. Frankly I wasn't impressed when TB was hired as AD and he hasn't done anything since to change my thinking about his being hired either.