I think this will become a great series again

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
big z
Ranch Hand

http://wyomingcowboysblog.com/2009/10/2 ... es-reunite

I don't think we'll ever see another 50-0, Bird Gate game again while Whitt and DC are coaching against each other.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

big z wrote:http://wyomingcowboysblog.com/2009/10/2 ... es-reunite

I don't think we'll ever see another 50-0, Bird Gate game again while Whitt and DC are coaching against each other.
I don't think we'll see another 50-0 again either...from any direction. We shouldn't...given that both KW and DC know how to coach. Can't say as much for the last guy though...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Hopefully it wont ever be that bad again i hate getting embarrassed
big z
Ranch Hand

gopokes1399 wrote:Hopefully it wont ever be that bad again i hate getting embarrassed
You guys are headed in the right direction, the only problem for you now once DC gets things rolling is keeping him!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

Which begs the question, how has Utah kept Whittingham?
ImageImageImageImage
big z
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:Which begs the question, how has Utah kept Whittingham?
When both Utah and the whY were looking for coaches, the Team Down South came hard for Coach Whitt. Mendenhall wasn't their first choice and was later selected because Whitt is a "Utah Man" and turned them down. We've been very fortunate to have and keep Coach Whitt.
Kougar78
Ranch Hand

I agree that another monster blowout is unlikely, although...I would love to return the favor and give them a memorable drubbing, I just don't think I'll live that long.

This weeks game...Wyo 7 - Ewets 27. I'll start believing, when I start seeing. I hope ACS survives and we run the ball a bit to keep them off him. Anyone think that Utes will be blitzing, and blitzing and blitzing.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

We ahve got to try n lock DC up with some money early
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

gopokes1399 wrote:We ahve got to try n lock DC up with some money early
Call me crazy...but I don't agree. Coaches come, coaches go. Leave UW in better shape than when you came, and best wishes. As long as there is progress, there will always be better coaches wanting to be here. DC has done nothing to prove he is going to be a BCS buster or MWC Champion contender to this point. If he gets there, and jumps ship, I am fine with that. Let's just go out and get somebody else in that can continue the trend...there are a ton of them available.

I guess my main point is...

There is always a better coach out there (ready & willing to do the job) than the one that is here. I see very few exceptions to this in college football (maybe Urban Meyer, maybe, just as he is kind of a pioneer of sorts). I hate when UW fans have that "sky is falling" mentality about losing coaches...I say, who cares, it is part of the landscape. I will always be a UW fan, regardless if it is Vic, Roach, Glenn, Tiller, DC, or whomever, that is listed as the head man.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 92 times

I absolutely agree. If a coach is leaving for another school, it usually means that they have done something good. I'd much rather have them leaving after having done well than having to fire guys for not producing W's. I know some will argue, but look at Burman's hiring record...we've taken a step up every time he has picked a new guy (maybe save Schroyer, but I have a good feeling that will prove out in the next two years). As for DC, let's enjoy the ride.