Winter Conditioning 2015 is done!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Well it is done for the second year under a new strength and conditioning coach. It is interesting to me how last year at this time it was a pretty big deal. People were talking about all of the gains and the changes in the program and now there is .........nothing, silence, da-nata! LOL
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 117 times

That is pretty interesting. I've seen some tweets from the players talking about the workouts, but this year it's more about how hard they're working and not about how brutal the workouts are. Hopefully that's because they're up to the task this year!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Will be interesting to see the results of the workouts this season.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

We just have to hope that the reason no one is complaining about the workouts is their body is actually in shape this year and those brutal workouts aren't near as brutal.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Four of the receivers after their last winter workout.

wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Slow Hand wrote:Four of the receivers after their last winter workout.

Tanner Gentry is a pretty big dude
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Anyone know who is between Gentry and Parker?

It looks like they offseason workouts and working. Maulhardt seems much bigger than last year.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Gentry is second from left...tattoos give him away
jarhead
Ranch Hand

JimmyDimes wrote:Anyone know who is between Gentry and Parker?

It looks like they offseason workouts and working. Maulhardt seems much bigger than last year.
It is Tanner Simpson from Lander.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

jarhead wrote:

How would YOU know..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

jarhead wrote:

Thanks. I thought it was him after I posted. The short hair threw me off. Looking forward to Tanner having a good year.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

djm19 wrote:
jarhead wrote:

How would YOU know..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
+1 ;-)
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Jarhead. .. any confirmation on players leaving? There was a poster with some information, but really didn't say who left. Could you shed some light on the subject? Unless it's supposed to be a team thing only.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

mwc fan wrote:Jarhead. .. any confirmation on players leaving? There was a poster with some information, but really didn't say who left. Could you shed some light on the subject? Unless it's supposed to be a team thing only.
I can tell you that Coach Bohl, is reshaping this team to fit his expectations. He has been very diplomatic and honest about the process with the players. It is my understanding that he has visited with a few of the players and stated that they may not be a good fit for the team. He has went out of his way to help them get to a better situation. I probably shouldn't say names but I can think of at least 4 maybe 5 players that will not be back next year. One or two of them did play last season.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 155 times

From my understanding, the bigs do this a lot. It's year to year contract. If you come in and coast you can lose it, same as someone who comes in on an academic scholarship and slacks. Now, the way you go about this can definitely be different. I expect Bohl to be all class on how he approaches this.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Very true...however, recent changes have made it a possibility to promise multi-year scholarships. While I haven't heard much about this being used, a school could promise 4-years to a recruit in an attempt to lure him from another school offering a "normal" (I.E. year-by-year) scholarship.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

jarhead wrote:
mwc fan wrote:Jarhead. .. any confirmation on players leaving? There was a poster with some information, but really didn't say who left. Could you shed some light on the subject? Unless it's supposed to be a team thing only.
I can tell you that Coach Bohl, is reshaping this team to fit his expectations. He has been very diplomatic and honest about the process with the players. It is my understanding that he has visited with a few of the players and stated that they may not be a good fit for the team. He has went out of his way to help them get to a better situation. I probably shouldn't say names but I can think of at least 4 maybe 5 players that will not be back next year. One or two of them did play last season.
While its most appropriate not to mention names...you have given some credence to rumors we've heard. Could you maybe share some positions that we will want to keep a keen eye on? Hehehe