But the Pokes have good grades

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

It was reall easy to see Burman screwed up about 10 games into Shroyers first season. Figured we'd have to suffer through 3 full seasons of Shroyer, buy out the last two, and try to forget the Shroyer era. Too bad Burman had to screw that up by giving Heath an extension. The guy consistently puts out worse teams than his predecessor, who was fired, and gets a contract extension. Well, at least the players are getting good grades since evidently our athletic department gives out academic scholarships rather than sports scholarships.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
Danmully
Ranch Hand

He got the extension for taking us to that great post season tournament. What a Joke this is, do we really have to put up with poop. I'm trying to put it in perspective, we do have a lot of the season left, and the team really hasn't played together a lot. Maybe he can turn it around, but all I can do is think back to the McClain days when the AA was atleast 75 percent full for all games, we were in most games and I atleast had hope we could win the conference. Even his last years when we sucked i still believed. Oh well I'm just Rambling after a loss :tickedoff:
Evermore
Buckaroo

I personally am tired of all the excuses. Take a look at the quotes from last night. Schroyer blames things on inexperience, on being young, on not having our star player -- the list goes on and on. Then read Monmouth's coach. Their star player is sick, doesn't play the entire game, so he says the exact same thing as Schroyer, we're young and inexperienced and without our best player, but we found a way to win -- after traveling 2000 miles on an away floor.

Then tack on Burman's excuses. Well the program was in shambles, we needed someone to come in and clean up the grades, the program was going to lose post -season play, we really needed discipline. OK... So we can't find a coach that can actually coach AND instill discipline?? Someone needs to have a 30 minute closed door meeting with Burman and Schroyer to decide the direction of this team, because after tonight, you'll be lucky to see 4000 people at home games, lucky to have a winning season, and lucky to not finish at the bottom of the MWC.
PL_Julian
Buckaroo

We are not young.The average age is 22 years old.Thats the time most college kids graduate but ours are transfers and prep school players .

Most have been playing togeter for close to a year and thats long enough.

While Afam was the freshman of the year last season he was also the 4th leading scorer behind Ewing,Oggirri and Johnson. He led the team in tournovers and was last in assists. All this to say that while he is the "top returning"scorer,he has not done anything in the lead role to be consodered the star player and his absence an excuse to lose to scrub teams.

Schroyer will lose this team soon.They won't play hard for him all season because he will start throwing them under the bus.
Poke Around
Ranch Hand

We do have Langley to come to the rescue. LOL
PL_Julian
Buckaroo

Poke Around wrote:We do have Langley to come to the rescue. LOL
Yeah all his experience coaching high school and AAU for the Pump Brothers have us looking like........
well a high school or AAu team.

Great choice as first chair
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Evermore wrote:I personally am tired of all the excuses. Take a look at the quotes from last night. Schroyer blames things on inexperience, on being young, on not having our star player -- the list goes on and on. Then read Monmouth's coach. Their star player is sick, doesn't play the entire game, so he says the exact same thing as Schroyer, we're young and inexperienced and without our best player, but we found a way to win -- after traveling 2000 miles on an away floor.

Then tack on Burman's excuses. Well the program was in shambles, we needed someone to come in and clean up the grades, the program was going to lose post -season play, we really needed discipline. OK... So we can't find a coach that can actually coach AND instill discipline?? Someone needs to have a 30 minute closed door meeting with Burman and Schroyer to decide the direction of this team, because after tonight, you'll be lucky to see 4000 people at home games, lucky to have a winning season, and lucky to not finish at the bottom of the MWC.
I remember about 4-5 years ago that the AA would consistently have between 9000 and 12,000 fans in it.

Glad I lived close enough to walk home.