BREAKING - 4-Star USC QB Ricky Towns

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

djm19 wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:Holmgren just violated FERPA. Way to commit a federal crime and announce it on twitter....
I don't think so.

FERPA gives parents certain rights with respect to their children's education records. These rights transfer to the student when he or she reaches the age of 18 or attends a school beyond the high school level. Students to whom the rights have transferred are "eligible students."

Schools may disclose, without consent, "directory" information such as a student's name, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, honors and awards, and dates of attendance.

FERPA transfers directly to the student at 18. We weren't even allowed to tell the parents if their student was enrolled at UW when they called in to get their passwords reset on Wyoweb so they could check their grades. Here is the section on what is publicly available. Holmgren does not fit into any of the pre-described categories, so either he is lying or he and someone at the Registrars office violated FERPA.

Generally, schools must have written permission from the parent or eligible student in order to release any information from a student's education record. However, FERPA allows schools to disclose those records, without consent, to the following parties or under the following conditions (34 CFR § 99.31):

School officials with legitimate educational interest;
Other schools to which a student is transferring;
Specified officials for audit or evaluation purposes;
Appropriate parties in connection with financial aid to a student;
Organizations conducting certain studies for or on behalf of the school;
Accrediting organizations;
To comply with a judicial order or lawfully issued subpoena;
Appropriate officials in cases of health and safety emergencies; and
State and local authorities, within a juvenile justice system, pursuant to specific State law.

http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING SACRED, RIGHTEOUS AND HOLY...... WE ARE NECK DEEP IN FALL CAMP. COFFMAN AND CO. ARE BUSTING THEIR NARDS TO REPRESENT THE POKES. CAN WE STOP WITH THE SPECULATION AND FOCUS ON THE GUYS GETTING READY TO REPRESENT THE STATE AND UNIV THIS YEAR. IF TOWNS COMES, GREAT, BUT HE IS GETTING MORE RUN THAN OUR CURRENT TEAM.

/rant over
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING SACRED, RIGHTEOUS AND HOLY...... WE ARE NECK DEEP IN FALL CAMP. COFFMAN AND CO. ARE BUSTING THEIR NARDS TO REPRESENT THE POKES. CAN WE STOP WITH THE SPECULATION AND FOCUS ON THE GUYS GETTING READY TO REPRESENT THE STATE AND UNIV THIS YEAR. IF TOWNS COMES, GREAT, BUT HE IS GETTING MORE RUN THAN OUR CURRENT TEAM.

/rant over
We shouldn't worry about stories that crop up that could potentially change the entire face of the future or our program? Lets ask Holmgren to quit reporting on anything but what happens of the field. I don't want to hear one damn iota of recruiting info or weight room accomplishment info or damn well better not hear one frickin peep about basketball. Its fall camp by god. The rest is just BS fluff. I agree
mwc fan
Cowpoke

I can't believe this thread went to two pages. Smh
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 134 times

:lol: This thread is all over the place.

Fantasies of some young kid who will never be able to identify WYO on a map much less step foot in the state....to....
Debate about what is acceptable under FERPA....to...
Debate about what is acceptable to discuss or report on while Fall Camp is in session
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

ragtimejoe1 wrote::lol: This thread is all over the place.

Fantasies of some young kid who will never be able to identify WYO on a map much less step foot in the state....to....
Debate about what is acceptable to discuss or report on while Fall Camp is in session
You forgot whining about what others are posting...
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Is it football season yet?
mwc fan
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote::lol: This thread is all over the place.

Exactly, which is why players like this bring more drama than actual production. Hope he becomes Floridas problem.
Jimbo deserves it.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

In other news...Josh Allen is still a Wyoming Cowboy. And, he's the future of the program.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

DINO wrote:In other news...Josh Allen is still a Wyoming Cowboy. And, he's the future of the program.
I agree with this. From all accounts Josh is going to be a great QB for us. I hope he redshirts this year so we can see him play for 3 more years!
CowboyCO
Ranch Hand

Sorry for the false alarm. I found the same rumor a few different places before posting it. Sounds like Florida. Excited for Josh Allen and for Coffman this year. The guy looks like a winner.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I saw this and thought no way is this true. Then I saw there were 50+ responses on 2 pages and got a bit excited.
DUMB RUMOR!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Ricky Town sounds like a made up name for a QB.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

J-Rod wrote:Ricky Town sounds like a made up name for a QB.
More like a name for a adult tv star.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
castlerocker
Cowpoke

OK CowboyCO, are you done hyperventilating yet?

All this for a rumor so you could make a claim to fame.

Was it worth it?

Sounds like something Dino would do just to get his picture in front our faces one more time.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

castlerocker wrote:OK CowboyCO, are you done hyperventilating yet?

All this for a rumor so you could make a claim to fame.

Was it worth it?

Sounds like something Dino would do just to get his picture in front our faces one more time.
Excuse me? Sounds like something I would do to what?

Look it, you have a problem with the 'rumor' that the poster went with then opine all you want to. I had nothing to do with this nor do I give a poop about placing my picture in front of you or anyone else.

Jackass.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

CowboyCO.....feel free to post anything you find about potential recruits. I promise not to post a dna riflehead response. Can't say the same about the rest of the romper room crowd.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

JimmyDimes wrote:CowboyCO.....feel free to post anything you find about potential recruits. I promise not to post a dna riflehead response. Can't say the same about the rest of the romper room crowd.
How do they do this? +1?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 134 times

The plot thickens and takes another twist... :?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 250 times

Ricky Town will NOT be playing for BYU!!! He can certainly thank USC in advance :lol:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... n-sec-soon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;