Quarterback's Not Sliding

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

BJC wrote:Are we an option team now? Even Oregon has their QB's slide.
So, if there is no hole, they just slide into the line of scrimmage?

Must be a funny game to watch Oregon QBs avoid all contact and slide every play

Josh got hurt. It's no ones fault. Just happens to be in his 1st game instead of 4th
W-Y, Until I Die!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Wasn't saying that at all.....but I don't agree with the "never slide" BS. It sounds tough but honestly do not like the idea that sliding is not an option.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 134 times

You are a football coach. Your QB breaks out of pocket and is running down the middle of the field. He picks up 10 yards and the first down. Hard hitting safety and corner are zeroed in on him.

Do you:
a) Expect your QB to lower his head, never slide, and get 10.5 yards
b) Slide feet first for a 10 yard gain and first down

If you answer a you need your head examined. It really is that simple.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Did anyone get on Bohl's call in show last night and ask this question? I was tied up and didnt get to listen to it....
Larawie
Ranch Hand

buckskin27 wrote:Believe it's bull poop all you want. I said 100% confirmed. It's a fact.I won't tell you how I know, I just know. And you can believe it or not, continue to deny it could ever be true. But, it is. Let's just say I'm at field level.
True or false, I don't know - none of us do. Still, in a way, and imo, a post like this compromises the program and I would not want to be you when someone on the team or staff finds out who you are.
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

This is what is wrong with a message board.

A poster who hides behind a made up identity can post whatever he wants and swear it is true, defaming someone else, and never has to identify himself or his source while trashing a known individual.
If you are strong enough in your belief that your are accurate at least put your name to the accusation don't hide behind your girl friend's skirt.

Your credibilty is minimal as you hide behind a fake handle in what is listed as your third post on the board.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 323 times
Been liked: 127 times

TracyRingolsby wrote:This is what is wrong with a message board.

A poster who hides behind a made up identity can post whatever he wants and swear it is true, defaming someone else, and never has to identify himself or his source while trashing a known individual.
If you are strong enough in your belief that your are accurate at least put your name to the accusation don't hide behind your girl friend's skirt.

Your credibilty is minimal as you hide behind a fake handle in what is listed as your third post on the board.
No need to be a dick on this thread...although I know that is sometimes hard for you long-time GowyoGo posters to avoid doing, because you think you are so damn superior to everyone else (and I am not only talking about message board posters).

There are other reasons for some people needing to remain anonymous than the simpleton and flaming reason you pointed out. Use your brain.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
buckskin27
Buckaroo

Larawie wrote:
buckskin27 wrote:Believe it's bull poop all you want. I said 100% confirmed. It's a fact.I won't tell you how I know, I just know. And you can believe it or not, continue to deny it could ever be true. But, it is. Let's just say I'm at field level.
True or false, I don't know - none of us do. Still, in a way, and imo, a post like this compromises the program and I would not want to be you when someone on the team or staff finds out who you are.
My consequences for exposing this are not the issue. I don't compromise the program, the coach's player mandates like this one severely compromise the program. You're missing the point and redirecting the issue away from where it needs to be. With that reasoning, every person on a job that reports mismanagement tactics or practices is actually the one at fault for rocking the boat. Doesn't make sense.

It's mu hunch that Slowhand is/was a player or staff and has corroborated my statements. Slowhand has spoke accurately and in detail about things no one else would know except they be right in the middle of the action. And most on this board accepts his statements as being authoritative.

This post has indeed gone on too long, but that doesn't mean the issue needs to die. Honestly, not sure yet how to most effectively handle it aside from making the fan base/ parents of players, aware of this first. This isn't over I guarantee that. What I lose in the deal is something I'm willing to accept, as long as it's addressed and others are held accountable.
buckskin27
Buckaroo

Ridiculous statement. All posters on message boards should be anonymous for safety reasons. Any posters that want to get more personal can then agree to take it offline. If you're the columnist, that's way different. It would be your job to report these things if you did the investigation. And, you wouldn't risk getting fired for doing it, you'd probably get a raise. Totally different things. You should know that.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

The issue needs to die. The rumor may or may not be true, but in the end it is Bohl's team and he can do whatever the hell he wants. Just because our backup QB got hurt.......doesn't mean it is an issue. Some fans just want to bitch.
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

McPeachy wrote:

No need to be a dick on this thread...although I know that is sometimes hard for you long-time GowyoGo posters to avoid doing, because you think you are so damn superior to everyone else (and I am not only talking about message board posters).

There are other reasons for some people needing to remain anonymous than the simpleton and flaming reason you pointed out. Use your brain.

If there is no reason to be a dick on this thread then what purpose do your post serve?

And there is no valid other reason. If you want to question a man's value system then you should be strong enough to not have to hide and throw darts.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 134 times

JimmyDimes wrote: but in the end it is Bohl's team and he can do whatever the hell he wants. Just because our backup QB got hurt.......doesn't mean it is an issue. Some fans just want to bitch.
We read you the first time, right WYOCOWBOY?

This issue should not die. Bohl is funded by the State of WYO and UW. Scrutiny of public figures is more than accepted.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Then wtf am I going to do at work.....?

Complaining on a message board....I thought that was an important part of the experience :whistle:
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

buckskin27 wrote:

Ridiculous statement. All posters on message boards should be anonymous for safety reasons. Any posters that want to get more personal can then agree to take it offline. If you're the columnist, that's way different. It would be your job to report these things if you did the investigation. And, you wouldn't risk getting fired for doing it, you'd probably get a raise. Totally different things. You should know that.
I have never believed and never will believe that things which can defame a person should be allowed in any form without names being used. it's one thing to use sources for newsy information like a trade or commitment, but not when the integrity of a person is being challenged. based off the fact you had only posted on this board three times previously it would seem very apparent that you have an ax to grind but aren't a strong enough person to stand behind your accusations. Safety reasons? Safety so they can post crap without having to be responsible for their statements? That's a coward's way out of being able to slam somebody and not having to be responsible for your actions.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

TracyRingolsby wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

If there is no reason to be a dick on this thread then what purpose do your post serve?

And there is no valid other reason. If you want to question a man's value system then you should be strong enough to not have to hide and throw darts.
To answer your question...

My post serves to let you are being a dick. Because as I mentioned, your superiority and condescending attitude to most everyone is tiring. This board isn't going to line up and French kiss your ass like your other board. Fact of the matter is, you are no better than anyone here, name or no name, but you sure like to beat your chest and believe you are.
Dear Karma,

WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand

I don't think the original poster questioned the integrity of the coaching staff at all.

He simply pointed out a coaches policy that was not prior public knowledge, and one that has since been corroborated by several different parties.

By doing so anonymously, which is well within his right, he lives to post another day. The coaches, if asked, can either confirm or deny the policy at this point.

WW
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

McPeachy wrote:
TracyRingolsby wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

My post serves to let you are being a dick. Because as I mentioned, your superiority and condescending attitude to most everyone is tiring. This board isn't going to line up and French kiss your ass like your other board. Fact of the matter is, you are no better than anyone here, name or no name, but you sure like to beat your chest and believe you are.
To correct your misunderstanding of what I meant, what I meant is if it serves no reason to be a dick on this thread then there is no reason for you to be on the board because being a dick is your basical m.o. on any posts.
Secondly, I use my name but have never asked for special favors. I do find it interesting you will come on here so defensive of the right for anyone to say what they want but will be critical of me for expressing my feelings because I identify my self.
So hide behind your phony name and be the board tough guy.
End of conversation.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

TracyRingolsby wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
TracyRingolsby wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

To correct your misunderstanding of what I meant, what I meant is if it serves no reason to be a dick on this thread then there is no reason for you to be on the board because being a dick is your basical m.o. on any posts.
Secondly, I use my name but have never asked for special favors. I do find it interesting you will come on here so defensive of the right for anyone to say what they want but will be critical of me for expressing my feelings because I identify my self.
So hide behind your phony name and be the board tough guy.
End of conversation.
You have an opinion as well (just as we all do) - and I don't have a problem with that - I have a problem with the way you deliver your self-righteous poop on this message board (and in other similar situations that I see you in). But more importantly thanks for proving my point. You are being a dick.

End of conversation...what are you - reverting back to 3rd grade debate tactics? :rofl:
Last edited by McPeachy on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 249 times

Absolutely disagree. The standards for message board posts and journalism are not one in the same and everyone has the right to an anonymous handle should they so choose. As exhibited by many of the responses on this thread, I would presume most people that post and read these forums know that the credibility of an anonymous post may be lacking.

Additionally, you are apparently making a legal conclusion as to what is "defamation." As a journalist, I presume that you are well aware that there is a completely different standard for defamation of a public official. I believe that it is fairly clear that Craig Bohl, as the highest paid employee of the State of Wyoming, would likely be considered a public official.
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

OrediggerPoke wrote:

Absolutely disagree. The standards for message board posts and journalism are not one in the same and everyone has the right to an anonymous handle should they so choose. As exhibited by many of the responses on this thread, I would presume most people that post and read these forums know that the credibility of an anonymous post may be lacking.

Additionally, you are apparently making a legal conclusion as to what is "defamation." As a journalist, I presume that you are well aware that there is a completely different standard for defamation of a public official. I believe that it is fairly clear that Craig Bohl, as the highest paid employee of the State of Wyoming, would likely be considered a public official.
No legal conclusion. If you look it up a synonym for defaming the word maligning will come up. There was no accusation of the poster being guilty of defamation of character but rather of defaming or maligning an individual if you prefer that choice of words. Hope that clears up any misunderstanding.