Schollie possibilities

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

rich22 wrote:Does it sound like all of the 5 suspended players are coming back?
“In today’s world, you’re generally going to lose four, five, six kids in a coaching change,” Burman said. “I don’t think that’s going to be the case at Wyoming.”
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

I saw coach was in Utah this weekend watching Larry Nance jr. Is there any recruits that he would be looking at in Utah for this year? I know we have a couple 2017 recruits in utah and that Rawson kid from SLCC just verbally comited to Utah so I don't think coach was there for him. Any insights?
wyoming3
Buckaroo

There is Avea and Knell that I know of. They have both visited Wyo before and if I m not mistaken have been offered by Wyo. Not sure if there are other prospects down there we are interested in though.
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

wyoming3 wrote:There is Avea and Knell that I know of. They have both visited Wyo before and if I m not mistaken have been offered by Wyo. Not sure if there are other prospects down there we are interested in though.
Both of those guys are 2017 recruits. Are there any 2016 guys we are talking to?
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Perhaps this is the guy in Salt Lake that Edwards could have been visiting? Transfer from Utah.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/isaiah-wright
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyolie Coyote wrote:Perhaps this is the guy in Salt Lake that Edwards could have been visiting? Transfer from Utah.

I doubt it was this kid. He is only a sophomore and would have to sit out a year.

Most likely was Avea.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:Perhaps this is the guy in Salt Lake that Edwards could have been visiting? Transfer from Utah.

I doubt it was this kid. He is only a sophomore and would have to sit out a year.

Most likely was Avea.
I could be mistaken, but didnt he just sit out this prior year?
wyoming3
Buckaroo

Salt Lake Community college just won the national championship who knows if there may be another guy they are looking at on that team.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

wyoming3 wrote:Salt Lake Community college just won the national championship who knows if there may be another guy they are looking at on that team.
Weren't we linked at one time to that Rawson kid who just signed with Utah?
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:

Most likely was Avea.
You might be right. I didn't look that close at it. I just saw that he was listed as a sophomore so I assumed he needed to sit out a year. That and the fact it didn't have him with a new school yet made me assume he would still need to sit out but not sure on the rules about that. Do you have to choose a school before you sit out a year? I would have thought you would but maybe not.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:

Most likely was Avea.
You might be right. I didn't look that close at it. I just saw that he was listed as a sophomore so I assumed he needed to sit out a year. That and the fact it didn't have him with a new school yet made me assume he would still need to sit out but not sure on the rules about that. Do you have to choose a school before you sit out a year? I would have thought you would but maybe not.
I am curious about this myself. I have no idea
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:

Most likely was Avea.
I am curious about this myself. I have no idea
Here is what is says for Transferring rules:

Transferring
A student-athlete who wants to transfer must receive written permission from his or her athletics director before contacting another school. To transfer, the student-athlete must be accepted through the new school’s admission process. The new school may or may not match financial aid offered by the student-athlete’s original school. Student-athletes who transfer must sit out of competition for one year, although many student-athletes qualify for exceptions allowing them to begin competing immediately.

So it sounds like you have to be accepted at another school to me then sit out a year while you are attending the new school.

Here is a list of all of the transfers as of right now.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... nsfer-list

Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Bigby-Williams committed to Oregon yesterday. Altman doing work in Wyoming juco ranks the last couple of years.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

Wyolie Coyote wrote:Bigby-Williams committed to Oregon yesterday. Altman doing work in Wyoming juco ranks the last couple of years.
You mean sacks of cash
W-Y, Until I Die!