Nick Saban - Helluva Coach...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 323 times
Been liked: 127 times

But what an unhappy & unpleasant bastard. Does this guy ever smile / enjoy life? Don't get me wrong, the national titles and monstrous piles of cash are great, but he is a miserable son of a bitch.

I would rather live a life of happiness / laughter joined with great people (and a small & limited bank account), than have a seat reserved in hell next to satan for being such a major f-word prick.

Pretty tired of seeing his smug ass and condescending poop in the media every 10 seconds. Go Huskies, kick that f-word ass!

:twocents:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

This may surprise you.. but I'm a big Nick Saban fan.
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 624 times
Been liked: 256 times

LOL! so true
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

McPeachy wrote:But what an unhappy & unpleasant bastard. Does this guy ever smile / enjoy life? Don't get me wrong, the national titles and monstrous piles of cash are great, but he is a miserable son of a bitch.

I would rather live a life of happiness / laughter joined with great people (and a small & limited bank account), than have a seat reserved in hell next to satan for being such a major f-word prick.

Pretty tired of seeing his smug ass and condescending poop in the media every 10 seconds. Go Huskies, kick that f-word ass!

This is what makes him a great coach. Look at some of the greatest of all time, most all have that type of personality. Bill Belichick is a perfect example.

I doubt money is the motivator for them. Great coaches get consumed into the profession and absolutely despise losing or being out coached. That's what makes them great.
I'm good for 3!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:But what an unhappy & unpleasant bastard. Does this guy ever smile / enjoy life? Don't get me wrong, the national titles and monstrous piles of cash are great, but he is a miserable son of a bitch.

This is what makes him a great coach. Look at some of the greatest of all time, most all have that type of personality. Bill Belichick is a perfect example.

I doubt money is the motivator for them. Great coaches get consumed into the profession and absolutely despise losing or being out coached. That's what makes them great.

+1

A lot of people are competitive, and then there's a few who are maniacal about winning. That mindset applies to a few in every profession. People talk about Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant being dicks, focused solely on winning the same way they do with Saban or Belicheck. I'm sure there are CEO's, politicians, bankers, businessmen, etc. that have this same mindset. Win at all costs, the only thing that drives them is being better than others at what they do.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Helluva recruiter, we saw what kind of coach he was in the pros.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Cornpoke wrote:

George Burns used to say, "Do what you love and never work again."

Saban's a perfectly happy person and doesn't strike me as aloof or condescending. He's an introvert. Same as a lot of coaching greats from Landry to Meyer...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 323 times
Been liked: 127 times

Wyovanian wrote:
Cornpoke wrote:

Saban's a perfectly happy person and doesn't strike me as aloof or condescending. He's an introvert. Same as a lot of coaching greats from Landry to Meyer...
A perfectly happy person? Or perhaps one that wouldn't know true happiness if it slapped him on the ass? Or, are you saying all introvert's are naturally happy people? And is that only if they are dosed up on Prozac?

Saban always looks miserable. Always. For a guy making 10 million or whatever a year, and winning college football championships...that seems off a bit.

There are plenty of "great coaches" that aren't unhappy pricks. Bobby Bowden comes to mind. Same with the Pedophile-U guy.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:
Cornpoke wrote:

A perfectly happy person? Or perhaps one that wouldn't know true happiness if it slapped him on the ass? Or, are you saying all introvert's are naturally happy people? And is that only if they are dosed up on Prozac?

Saban always looks miserable. Always. For a guy making 10 million or whatever a year, and winning college football championships...that seems off a bit.

There are plenty of "great coaches" that aren't unhappy pricks. Bobby Bowden comes to mind. Same with the Pedophile-U guy.
I think you're working through the prism of personality. Introverts are just as happy as extroverts. We just don't wear it on our collective sleeves.

Intorverts who achieve at a high level are almost universally accused of aloofness, condescension, being "miserable". Happiness is a state of mind, not a pattern of behavior.

Is Nick Saban someone who you would want to have a drink with? Perhaps not. Is Nick Saban someone who enjoys sitting down and having a drink with strangers? Probably not. Doesn't make him a miserable person, just someone who needs to limit his time engaged with other people and receiving external input, and maximize his time recovering from such. If he didn't, he wouldn't be good at what he loves to do.

You know me. For roughly every hour I'm around other people, I need about two hours alone. Would you consider me "miserable" or "unhappy"? Now imagine that need combined with my life's "work"...

Now, Dave Christensen, he's a truly miserable person, mostly because he's delusional and in denial, living at odds with his perception of how he thinks he should be seen by others versus how he is seen by others. Full blown narcissistic personality disorder...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

Sounds a lot like someone elected to national office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

Wyovanian wrote:I think you're working through the prism of personality. Introverts are just as happy as extroverts. We just don't wear it on our collective sleeves.
lol.. this is me to a T. Gift giving holidays or occasions weird me out because I don't get particularly excited about anything, so I'm sure people giving me a gift are thinking, "he hates it."
Wyovanian wrote:For roughly every hour I'm around other people, I need about two hours alone. Would you consider me "miserable" or "unhappy"?
Also, this.
ImageImageImageImage