No more poinsettia bowl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Looks like the poinsettia bowl is going away. I can see the Arizona bowl taking its place on television but what options do we have for another bowl slot in the conference?

https://mobile.twitter.com/CFTalk/statu ... 0292819973

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by pokefanchaz7 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

cowboyz backer
Buckaroo

Our conference bowl tie-ins were already crap. This hurts bad.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Hopefully about 15 more die out too
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Does this mean BYU's without a bowl? :D
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:16 pm Does this mean BYU's without a bowl? :D
That would be nice :D
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

The Cowboys are going to a NY6 game so we are good for the upcoming season!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

cowboyz backer wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:42 pm Our conference bowl tie-ins were already crap. This hurts bad.
Time for Hair to negotiate a decent bowl replacement. Outside of Vegas bowl, maybe the Cactus Bowl, our bowl tie ins are garbage.

This was actually one of the better bowl-tie ins for the MWC.

As for byu, they have contracts to return to SD (not sure where moving forward) and LV over the next several years. They need to admit they are nothing more than a MWC team. They play a MWC schedule anyway. I think we meet them again at some point in Vegas in the few years.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

I take that back...looks like BYU doesn't have a bowl game home in 2017 and now 2018 (Poinsettia Bowl). I thought they had Vegas, but looks like that was only for 2015. They have an agreement for Hawaii Bowl in 2019. I hope they negotiate a game in Provo vs winner of the Big Sky.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I'm sure byu will find a home in the Hawaii bowl and that suits them for recruiting purposes even if it's a bad opponent. Byu fans will hate it but I'm sure that's what will happen

Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Looks like the poinsettia bowl is going away. I can see the Arizona bowl taking its place on television but what options do we have for another bowl slot in the conference?

Arizona bowl had more viewers and better ratings than the Poinsettia bowl so I'd be fine with that replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:
pokefanchaz7 wrote:Looks like the poinsettia bowl is going away. I can see the Arizona bowl taking its place on television but what options do we have for another bowl slot in the conference?

Arizona bowl had more viewers and better ratings than the Poinsettia bowl so I'd be fine with that replacement.

Wasn't the Arizona bowl the game that wasn't on television? Was only streamed online? If so then how do they tell ratings for games. I am surprised that more people would tune in for airforce v south Alabama then wyo v byu but what do I know.

Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

pokefanchaz7 wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:

Wasn't the Arizona bowl the game that wasn't on television? Was only streamed online? If so then how do they tell ratings for games. I am surprised that more people would tune in for airforce v south Alabama then wyo v byu but what do I know.

They can track connection time as well as viewers over the Internet just like TV the reason it had high views is a lot of people cut cable these twitter and online games are getting a lot of traction.

If I can find the website that had estimated viewers based on connection time I'll post a link but a lot of people watched that game. Campus insiders is doing a really good job promoting college games as well.

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

With the loss of the Chargers and now this bowl, what was once a desirable SuperBowl destination every 6-8 years or so, San Diego will truly lose out on so much $$ and an economic help to the area, Sad days for San Diego and their County in my opinion. Just build a new Qualcomm cuz if you build it they will come!!! playing in a soccer stadium, there's another loss of revenue, get real
cowboyz backer
Buckaroo

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:44 pm I'm sure byu will find a home in the Hawaii bowl and that suits them for recruiting purposes even if it's a bad opponent. Byu fans will hate it but I'm sure that's what will happen

You are probably right friend.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:05 pm I take that back...looks like BYU doesn't have a bowl game home in 2017 and now 2018 (Poinsettia Bowl). I thought they had Vegas, but looks like that was only for 2015. They have an agreement for Hawaii Bowl in 2019. I hope they negotiate a game in Provo vs winner of the Big Sky.
Doesn't matter, BYU won't be bowl eligible the next few years as they won't win enough games.