The REAL ultimate question....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

Are we EVER going to win a Mountain West Conference Football Championship or are we just blowing steam up our asses?!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 17 times

Ugh. Who knows? We need better recruits to come to Laramie. Bottom line. No one has figured that out yet. I know of at least four kids the the last two years from the Phoenix area whom were offered a scholarship and went somewhere else.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Not unless Boise St. leaves the conference. And SDSU. And maybe Fresno as long as Tedford is there. If Bohl can't get us there, I don't know who can. I think we can cycle through all the coaches we want, but the talent just won't ever be here.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Ever is a long ass time.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

Bringing talent is not the issue. Other teams in Wyoming's stratosphere have beaten or at least been competitive with "P5" schools. a decade ago we beat "P5" schools. We have just been laying eggs lately for some reason. wtf, Bohl? I don't buy into the talent issue whatsoever. It's a nice excuse, but it's not grounded in much truth.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

phxpoke wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:30 pm Ugh. Who knows? We need better recruits to come to Laramie. Bottom line. No one has figured that out yet. I know of at least four kids the the last two years from the Phoenix area whom were offered a scholarship and went somewhere else.
Getting taken to the woodshed on national TV doesn't help. With the facilities and national attention from Allen.....should see a bump?....one would assume QB's would be interested. Need some big TV wins. Maybe a few bag men.....JK ...kinda
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:54 pm Bringing talent is not the issue. Other teams in Wyoming's stratosphere have beaten or at least been competitive with "P5" schools. a decade ago we beat "P5" schools. We have just been laying eggs lately for some reason. wtf, Bohl? I don't buy into the talent issue whatsoever. It's a nice excuse, but it's not grounded in much truth.
Agreed, I don't know why we always poop ourselves when we play big schools. There is always some sort of excuse . poop offense, poop defense, not enough playmakers, too much youth. Bad play calling. Our system doesn't carry over well against big schools. It gets old. It's not just that we lose but we get our asses handed to us. I know Washington state was closer than the score suggested but people outside of WY don't know or care, they just see us giving up 40 at home in the box score. Missouri pounded us as bad as any team did in our poop years. It doesn't matter if we have a bowl team or a 2 win team we never compete.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:53 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:54 pm Bringing talent is not the issue. Other teams in Wyoming's stratosphere have beaten or at least been competitive with "P5" schools. a decade ago we beat "P5" schools. We have just been laying eggs lately for some reason. wtf, Bohl? I don't buy into the talent issue whatsoever. It's a nice excuse, but it's not grounded in much truth.
Agreed, I don't know why we always poop ourselves when we play big schools. There is always some sort of excuse . poop offense, poop defense, not enough playmakers, too much youth. Bad play calling. Our system doesn't carry over well against big schools. It gets old. It's not just that we lose but we get our asses handed to us. I know Washington state was closer than the score suggested but people outside of WY don't know or care, they just see us giving up 40 at home in the box score. Missouri pounded us as bad as any team did in our poop years. It doesn't matter if we have a bowl team or a 2 win team we never compete.
Because they usually have far superior talent compared to us... Sometimes this board acts like its some strange anomaly that the Pokes struggle with "Big Schools". We're not a "Big School." Outside of a few exceptions, little schools don't beat "Big Schools."

Look, every year I drink a Big Gulp of the Brown and Gold Kool Aid and within the first few weeks crash back down to reality and buckle in for the rest of the season but did you honestly believe the Pokes were going to be either WSU or Mizzou? Or both? Would I have loved it? f-word yeah. Did I expect it? f-word no.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

For the offensive system Bohl runs it is a talent issue. You need linemen that usually go to Stanford or Wisconsin or MIchigan St. for his type of offense to work in Laramie.

If he switched offensive styles then maybe he gets the right talent for it to come to Laramie but he never will be able to get the talent he needs across the lines with what is being run now.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….