We were the better team. Caught literally no breaks

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

Should have won that game ten different ways. F
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'm just happy we might actually win three games this season. Before this game, I was sure even SJSU would manhandle us (could still happen, obviously).

But once Chambers came in, our offense wasn't nearly as painful to watch anymore.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:17 pm Should have won that game ten different ways. F
If you look at the box score it will make you cringe. This one stings bad. We outplayed them in just about every category. Kick return and TVWs gift was the difference. I think this team has some fight left in them.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'm hoping this is the game that gives the team some swagger back. Utah State has been pretty DAMN good so far this season. I watched how they stomped BYU, and that was awesome, and they were sooo close to beating Michigan State as well, which would've made them undefeated at this point.

Yeah, we screwed up on special teams coverage, and that one interception hurt us bad, but aside from that, we actually moved the ball well with Chambers every time he was out there save the fumble. We did go too conservative a couple of times, but whatever.

Also, we're still somehow perfect when it comes to field goals and PATs.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:54 pm I'm hoping this is the game that gives the team some swagger back. Utah State has been pretty DAMN good so far this season. I watched how they stomped BYU, and that was awesome, and they were sooo close to beating Michigan State as well, which would've made them undefeated at this point.

Yeah, we screwed up on special teams coverage, and that one interception hurt us bad, but aside from that, we actually moved the ball well with Chambers every time he was out there save the fumble. We did go too conservative a couple of times, but whatever.

Yeah, shout out to the kicker Rothe who is having a great year. Glad he has found his acurracy and confidence and become our most reliable scorer. I remember when even extra points were anything but a sure thing on Bohls first couple years. Glad that has changed with Rothe
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

TVW sucked....but this game came down to a defensive breakdown for the first USU score....a special teams breakdown for another....and that pick....all being the difference.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 127 times

Eh, ya, amazing what the defense can do when they are not on the field 40+ minutes a game. The quick scores by Utard State helped that cause. Just saying.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:54 pm I'm hoping this is the game that gives the team some swagger back. Utah State has been pretty DAMN good so far this season. I watched how they stomped BYU, and that was awesome, and they were sooo close to beating Michigan State as well, which would've made them undefeated at this point.

This is really one thing that drives me nuts about the Wyoming coaching staff. Unless we are up by multiple touchdowns in the 4th quarter, we should be trying to score on every single drive - not just chew the damn clock and kick the game winning FG at the end.

That said, holding and false starts are killing us this year. If this team had some mental toughness, we would have scored considerably more. Don't ask me why we run on 1st and 15 or 2nd and 25....
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

We must play Chambers here on out, no excuses