I predict Coach Shyatt will succeed.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
theman
Ranch Hand

The No. 1 reason I believe he will succeed is because it sounds like he truly truly wants to be here. Sounds like Wyoming is about the only place he would of left Florida for. That my friends is a very, very good sign.
Congrats.
billings
Ranch Hand

theman wrote:The No. 1 reason I believe he will succeed is because it sounds like he truly truly wants to be here. Sounds like Wyoming is about the only place he would of left Florida for. That my friends is a very, very good sign.
Congrats.

That plus his rumored associate coach is a stud recruiter with a lot of experience and connections in the West.
theman
Ranch Hand

UCLA's top assistant joins Florida's Top Assistant in Laramie. You'd think that would work.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

The gators having nothing but nice things to say about Shyatt on their forum. Some of the comments about laramie are rather entertaining (better watch out for that state income tax in Wyoming Larry :) ):

Larry Shyatt...what are you thinking?
http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/sh ... p?t=192688

Report: Larry Shyatt meeting with Wyoming Officials
http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/sh ... p?t=192551
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

If he can bring Wyoming basketball back I will be glad to eat crow but right now I am not impressed with the rehire at all.

He does have a better overall record as a head coach than many that have been here at Wyoming but it is still a losing record. He is 89-93 in six seasons as a head coach. Again I hope he is great here in Laramie but I will not get that excited until I see a couple of things from him.

1. He sticks around this time. All coaches sound excited when they are announced at a new school but he proved 13 years ago he will leave Wyoming quickly and I still think he mat do it again. I mean it was not a pretty break up the first time.

2. Wins, Sorry I get excited about wins and if he wins I will be happy and then will be his biggest fan.

I hope he does great here in Laramie and retires a Cowboy but I will hold my applause for him until he proves me wrong. Again when he does prove me wrong I will be glad to eat crow and will be his biggest fan!!!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Regardless of how some individuals may feel about him, one thing is for certain after reading message boards and judging from other sources..... the fan base has finally been awakened out of deep hibernation.
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

calpoke25 wrote:Regardless of how some individuals may feel about him, one thing is for certain after reading message boards and judging from other sources..... the fan base has finally been awakened out of deep hibernation.
And that I have to agree with, he has caused something the Wyoming mens Bball program has not seen in a while... EXCITEMENT!!!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Shyatt has already succeeded. He has a fat 600K paycheck for the next few years that will grease his way into retirement no matter what the team does.