Ranch Hand

..ugly stuff tonight.
jcintherock
Ranch Hand

NIT is a realistic goal though.

Peace
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

jcintherock wrote:NIT is a realistic goal though.

Peace
Won't be any home games though with this attendance.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Attendance will pick up. I have faith in the Dome of Doom being resurrected.

11 games into the season (10-1, BTW) with a new coach, down a few prima donna defect players, and yall are unhappy about one mediocre game we still won?

f-word it, hire back Heath.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

calpoke25 wrote:

Peace
I am pretty sure the NIT doesn't work that way anymore actually. They seed it now according to profile (like the NCAA tourney) and the higher seeds play at home.

Of course, I haven't paid much attention to the postseason in recent years for obvious reasons.

CBI/CIT still works that way though, whoever wants to pay (IOW, whoever can recoup the cost via ticket sales) gets the game.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Subcanis wrote:Attendance will pick up. I have faith in the Dome of Doom being resurrected.

11 games into the season (10-1, BTW) with a new coach, down a few prima donna defect players, and yall are unhappy about one mediocre game we still won?

????

Who are you talking to? jc just noted it was ugly (it was), but that the NIT was still realistic which would be an incredible turnaround. We haven't been to the NIT since 2002-2003 (sad, but true).
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

NowherePoke wrote: I am pretty sure the NIT doesn't work that way anymore actually. They seed it now according to profile (like the NCAA tourney) and the higher seeds play at home.

Of course, I haven't paid much attention to the postseason in recent years for obvious reasons.

CBI/CIT still works that way though, whoever wants to pay (IOW, whoever can recoup the cost via ticket sales) gets the game.
That shows how long it has been since I have had any interest in the NIT, but now that you mention it I do remember them having a seeded tournament. I would venture to guess though that home attendance plays a small part in choosing who has the move favorable seeds, but those are probably the better teams anyway so who knows. It would be nice to find out.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Subcanis wrote:Attendance will pick up. I have faith in the Dome of Doom being resurrected.

I thought it was a good effort on an off night from the team overall. They still won by 10. But I just get sick of the old "don't worry attendance will pick up" argument. Why not go support the team now when they are doing well? My argument falls on deaf ears here )I am not talking to you in particular) because we all on this board probably constitute more of the hardcore fans that will go regardless. But we can't ever reach the next level as a program if our fans always sit on their hands and come up with excuses as to why they won't go to the games. It sickens me.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

NowherePoke wrote:

????

Who are you talking to? jc just noted it was ugly (it was), but that the NIT was still realistic which would be an incredible turnaround. We haven't been to the NIT since 2002-2003 (sad, but true).
It was, but much less so in recent history. I was assuming the OP was being much more negative. If that's not the case, my bad.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Honestly it wasn't a terrible game when you consider that UC figured out very early on that they could get away with about anything. Wyoming played through the refs on friday and more so tonight at home. I would be willing to say they will have at least 20 wins by the end of the season
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

calpoke25 wrote:

I thought it was a good effort on an off night from the team overall. They still won by 10. But I just get sick of the old "don't worry attendance will pick up" argument. Why not go support the team now when they are doing well? My argument falls on deaf ears here )I am not talking to you in particular) because we all on this board probably constitute more of the hardcore fans that will go regardless. But we can't ever reach the next level as a program if our fans always sit on their hands and come up with excuses as to why they won't go to the games. It sickens me.
I hear you. I live 2.5 hours away, but I'm at every game I can possibly make. Most fans don't have a Steamboat tattoo. Most fans (sadly) will only show for a big game. Most fans will only show for a team that has proven they can win. That hasn't happened in years. Schroyer's teams lose tonight. And at CU. Guaranteed. It may take a season, but the casual fans will buy in, and soon methinks.
MrWyoming
Buckaroo

calpoke25 wrote:

Peace
I believe this is only relevant with the WNIT.
MrWyoming
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

MrWyoming wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:

Peace
I believe this is only relevant with the WNIT.
and, if i remember correctly, we pwn WNIT attendance
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

here's a timely fun fact...Temple beat Colorado in the first ever NIT championship
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'