WYO vs Temple = Worst Case Scenario

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LOL
Buckaroo

This matchup is the worst case scenario for the Wyoming Cowboys for a number of reasons but here are a few.

1. Temple was disappointed at first that they had to play Wyoming.
2. Wyoming was disappointed at first that they had to play Temple.
.......Two 8-4 teams from NON-AQ conferences....... Both Wyo and Temple would rather play a BCS team no matter how bad that team is... UCLA, or whoever... If you beat the Temple Owls, well who cares its only Temple. Even though Temple is a better team than UCLA etc..... Wyo gets no credit for the win... Same goes for Temple. If however you lose... Well you just lost to a non-aq team that didn't even win its conference. No win situation.

3. Temple is a Run, Run, Run, Run team... They don't throw well. Temple also plays good defense giving up only 13ppg... Wyoming is arguably the worst run defense in the nation. Not a good matchup. Wyoming needs to offer about 4 scholarships to 450 lb sumo wrestlers and just have them sit there and not be thrown off the line of scrimmage....go back to the 3-4 and have the wrestlers simply clog the middle and have 4 athletic linebackers flying to the ball. As it is now Wyo's D-line gets tossed around like rag dolls and any team that commits to the run, is successful, with ease. Wyo has gotten very lucky with the bend but don't break Defense in the fact that they have been causing turnovers.. And football is all about turnovers.

4. Temple will have about 850 fans at the game.
5. Who else cringed when ESPN announced the matchup and Craig (douchebag) James and company couldn't stop giggling about it.
6. Temple got snubbed out of a bowl game last year after finishing 8-4 so Wyo will not be playing a team that isn't hungry. And bowl games are all about which teams want to be there.

bottom line: Wyo offense will need to be consistent and put points on the board and give the defense plenty of time to rest between series to have a chance. The game will be watched as its the first bowl game so Wyo's D better be stripping and tackling well. prediction: Temple 30 Wyo 31
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

LOL wrote:Temple got snubbed out of a bowl game last year after finishing 8-4 so Wyo will not be playing a team that isn't hungry.
Not so fast because Wyoming is not a team that doesn't have a negative opinion about this being a non-motivating situation.
LOL wrote: prediction: Temple 30 Wyo 31
More like Wyo 31, Temple 10. Wyo was killer against the #2 run game in the nation in AFA. Wyoming struggles big time against the run when it must respect the passing attack. UW also dominated a Bowling Green team that beat Temple (sure it ended up being a 1 point game but only because 75% of BG's offense came in the last 6 min. against our Awesome prevent Defense).

IF wyo plays like it did against Utah State -- New Mexico would beat us. Haven't seen wyo play that bad before or since.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
Kougar78
Ranch Hand

Wyoming fans will turn out and if the team is feeling a little flat before kick-off, I think the energized Wyoming crowd will get them into it.
JHG
Buckaroo

LOL wrote: 4. Temple will have about 850 fans at the game.
That's interesting, considering we've sold over 1K tix so far, not including students like myself, the band, the cheerleaders, and players and coaches' families. Wyoming will certainly have more fans there, but we will be well represented for sure. Go Owls!
Stuck
Ranch Hand

JHG wrote:
That's interesting, considering we've sold over 1K tix so far, not including students like myself, the band, the cheerleaders, and players and coaches' families. Wyoming will certainly have more fans there, but we will be well represented for sure. Go Owls!
I give the Owl fans that make the trip immense credit. I have seen what the airfare from Denver to Albuquerque alone has done in just the past 5 days going from $70 to $217 each way. The expense coming all the way from Philly is unimagineable to me. I know that I would not be able to afford such a trip to enjoy the Cowboys in such a bowl game. I hope you find the game an the city of Albuquerque enjoyable. My wife and I loved our visit there in 2009. The people are pleasant, the lodging is reasonable and the food is awesome! See ya'll in New Mexico!
GO POKES!!
JHG
Buckaroo

Stuck wrote:
JHG wrote:
I give the Owl fans that make the trip immense credit. I have seen what the airfare from Denver to Albuquerque alone has done in just the past 5 days going from $70 to $217 each way. The expense coming all the way from Philly is unimagineable to me. I know that I would not be able to afford such a trip to enjoy the Cowboys in such a bowl game. I hope you find the game an the city of Albuquerque enjoyable. My wife and I loved our visit there in 2009. The people are pleasant, the lodging is reasonable and the food is awesome! See ya'll in New Mexico!
GO POKES!!
I think it was at least $400 for airfare, but fortunately for me, Temple is paying for airfare for 30 of us in the student section.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Worst case scenario- All the beer containers in Albuquerque spontaneously fail Friday at 6pm.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyovanian wrote:Worst case scenario- All the beer containers in Albuquerque spontaneously fail Friday at 6pm.
:eek: Armegeddon.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

JHG wrote:
I would love to see the Owl fans show up in force to support their team! We know that Wyoming will show up big due to the proximity, and I hope that Temple will bring a few thousand of their faithful out too. Looking forward to the game!
MrWyoming
Buckaroo

LOL wrote:This matchup is the worst case scenario for the Wyoming Cowboys for a number of reasons but here are a few.

.......Two 8-4 teams from NON-AQ conferences....... Both Wyo and Temple would rather play a BCS team no matter how bad that team is... UCLA, or whoever... If you beat the Temple Owls, well who cares its only Temple. Even though Temple is a better team than UCLA etc..... Wyo gets no credit for the win... Same goes for Temple. If however you lose... Well you just lost to a non-aq team that didn't even win its conference. No win situation.

3. Temple is a Run, Run, Run, Run team... They don't throw well. Temple also plays good defense giving up only 13ppg... Wyoming is arguably the worst run defense in the nation. Not a good matchup. Wyoming needs to offer about 4 scholarships to 450 lb sumo wrestlers and just have them sit there and not be thrown off the line of scrimmage....go back to the 3-4 and have the wrestlers simply clog the middle and have 4 athletic linebackers flying to the ball. As it is now Wyo's D-line gets tossed around like rag dolls and any team that commits to the run, is successful, with ease. Wyo has gotten very lucky with the bend but don't break Defense in the fact that they have been causing turnovers.. And football is all about turnovers.

5. Who else cringed when ESPN announced the matchup and Craig (douchebag) James and company couldn't stop giggling about it.
6. Temple got snubbed out of a bowl game last year after finishing 8-4 so Wyo will not be playing a team that isn't hungry. And bowl games are all about which teams want to be there.

bottom line: Wyo offense will need to be consistent and put points on the board and give the defense plenty of time to rest between series to have a chance. The game will be watched as its the first bowl game so Wyo's D better be stripping and tackling well. prediction: Temple 30 Wyo 31
Impressive.. and you even changed your pick to 37-20... no doubt this was embarrassing. I miss Breske's Defense.
MrWyoming
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

MrWyoming wrote:
LOL wrote:This matchup is the worst case scenario for the Wyoming Cowboys for a number of reasons but here are a few.

Impressive.. and you even changed your pick to 37-20... no doubt this was embarrassing. I miss Breske's Defense.
Good at forcing turnovers AND being hard nosed.