Waddell is too damn weak and soft

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
MrWyoming
Buckaroo

Senior... Damn near 7' Tall... Plays 33 minutes.... Opponents best Low Post Defender is in Foul Trouble all game.... And this weakling makes 2 baskets and scores 4 points against a Sun Belt team. :phat:
MrWyoming
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Try to do better asshole...while we scored down low tonight, they were also double and trie teaming them down there too. What we got In the paint wasn't easy. DU played some pretty stifling D tonight and it showed. Not very many open looks at all.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Waddell was getting double and triple teamed. Waddell is fine down low. The problem is no one can knock down a 3 ball to keep them from doubling down to give our big guys space to work.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 68 times

seattlecowboy wrote:Waddell was getting double and triple teamed. Waddell is fine down low. The problem is no one can knock down a 3 ball to keep them from doubling down to give our big guys space to work.
He was getting double teamed. However, he is terrible at recognizing it and then passing out of it to an open shooter. I'm sure their working with him on this but he really hurt us last night with his poor passing.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

bladerunnr wrote: He was getting double teamed. However, he is terrible at recognizing it and then passing out of it to an open shooter.
That was all too obvious. Scott figured that out from watching the tapes. The solution, of course, is to play Washington, Nance, or even Afam in the middle when that kind of defense occurs.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

The real issue with Waddell is that he is averaging 25 minutes a game and fewer than three rebounds per game. He is a starting center who measures 6'10" and who has been matched against smaller frontcourts in just about every game. Both of our starting wing players have more rebounds per game than him. This is a problem.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Cowduck wrote:The real issue with Waddell is that he is averaging 25 minutes a game and fewer than three rebounds per game. He is a starting center who measures 6'10" and who has been matched against smaller frontcourts in just about every game. Both of our starting wing players have more rebounds per game than him. This is a problem.
One thing to think about, though, is that a lot of teams are/were shooting 3s against us. When someone shoots a 3, most of the deflections will be wide...closer to where the wings are located, not the center. It's the shorter, inside misses that Waddell and Washington should be getting...
Carl Spackler
Buckaroo

Waddell is listed at 6-10 and we all know how basketball heights are listed (normally taller than they actually are). TV announcers can say that Waddell is 6-10, but damn near 7 foot with his afro.

That means being 6-2, I can tell people that I am damn near 6-5 or 6-6. I wish I would have thought of this earlier.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Carl Spackler wrote:Waddell is listed at 6-10 and we all know how basketball heights are listed (normally taller than they actually are). TV announcers can say that Waddell is 6-10, but damn near 7 foot with his afro.

That means being 6-2, I can tell people that I am damn near 6-5 or 6-6. I wish I would have thought of this earlier.
even with a large poofy hair-do on adam waddell.....i would still have a hard time calling his hair an "afro"
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Look at the team picture and decide how tall Waddell is.

http://www.wyomingathletics.com/sports/ ... l-mtt.html
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote:Look at the team picture and decide how tall Waddell is.

http://www.wyomingathletics.com/sports/ ... l-mtt.html
He's a legit 6-10. I've stood next to him and I'm 6-2. The guy across from him was Ajayee (Or how ever you spell it) and he was also listed at 6-10. But if you look and Moujeke to the right of him, you'll see a two inch difference.
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

Waddle is a tough kid who gives his all for UW while suffering with severe foot problems. Weakling? Unreal! A new 'low' for keyboard jerks? Definitely. Coaches, who are paid well, are fair game. Criticizing athletes, or even worse making derogatory comments about them, is ugly and not welcome.
MrWyoming
Buckaroo

CowboyFan wrote:Waddle is a tough kid who gives his all for UW while suffering with severe foot problems. Weakling? Unreal! A new 'low' for keyboard jerks? Definitely. Coaches, who are paid well, are fair game. Criticizing athletes, or even worse making derogatory comments about them, is ugly and not welcome.
Listen I was the first to praise Waddell after the 2nd half he had at Colorado. He needs to play like that all the time. He needs to play with an attitude and quit being soft like a pillow.
MrWyoming
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 68 times

CowboyFan wrote:Waddle is a tough kid who gives his all for UW while suffering with severe foot problems. Weakling? Unreal! A new 'low' for keyboard jerks? Definitely. Coaches, who are paid well, are fair game. Criticizing athletes, or even worse making derogatory comments about them, is ugly and not welcome.
You make a good point. I have struggled with this in the past and finally decided that calling out an individual player is not right. The coach makes the money. The coach selects the players. If the players can't perform or play like they haven't been coached, then that's on the coach.
The original poster got on Waddell for being "weak". I think I knew what he was referring to. Waddell does not make himself big in the post. He doesn't spread his legs and get other teams post player on his back. He stands there, upright, and waves his arm. Well, it's so easy for the other team to jump in front of Waddell and poke the pass away. I don't know how many times that happened. He is a senior. He has some physical skills and seems to be a hard worker. But he defineately needs to improve if we are to have any sucess this year.
Anyways, I don't have a problem with posting that a player needs to improve in a certain area. It doesn't have to be destructive criticism. But to call a player weak or soft is out of bounds. When I read remarks like that, I think the poster lost money on the game or he is the kind of fan we dont need.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

f-word you guys...calling out a kid

Weddell I'd the man...go pokes

whyoh
WyoNation Addict

I'm drunk...happy new year!

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

wyosteelerfan wrote:I'm drunk...happy new year!
Somehow, you may regret these posts, and that hangover when you sober up.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Correction...the original post was made by a csu troll. UW fans love Waddell and all the players. csu sucks!
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:
lol.....i've never gotten too hung over

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

wyosteelerfan wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
lol.....i've never gotten too hung over
First time for everything though.