Wyo verses Western State

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
PorkerPoke
Buckaroo

The game tonight is UW versus Western State. I saw where Western beat Johnson & Whales by like 12 while we beat them something like 100-65.

I am hoping for a big margin of victory tonight or a lot of minutes for the bench if it is closer than 20.

If we struggle then that means we will probably not be a very good conference team.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 323 times
Been liked: 127 times

Western State...oh well. I agree, I hope there will be an abundance of minutes for Thiam, etal.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I'll be attending this game. My first UW game of the year!
I'm good for 3!
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 61 times

We did beat Johnson and Wales by a much bigger margin than Western State did, but we also have Colorado School of Mines as a common component. We beat them by 12 and Western State beat them by 11. Granted, we played them in an exhibition game for the very first game of the year. We are a far more athletic and lengthy team than Western State, but that doesn't always translate into blowout wins. It sure didn't against Denver. All I want is a W out of this game. I don't care if it's by 1 point or 30 points. I really see Johnson and Muojeke having big games tonight. I'll be looking for Thiam to see a bit more time on the floor tonight and hoepfully get more involved offensively.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

We played pretty poorly, and lazy basketball, but still won 100-73.

Hopefully that doesn't develop bad habits.
God is a Cowboy
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 250 times

I would just like to point out that we are comparing win margins and victories with... Western State, Johnson & Wales and Colorado School of Mines....

I know that the schedule was made to get some victories for a young team, but come on... look at RPI Rankings we are 180 with 1 loss (lowest for a 1 loss team). The rankings DONT even count these non-D1 games (if they did I am sure we would even be lower).

IMO, no respectable D1 team (that is not in the process of moving up to D1) should have such a cupcake non-conference schedule.
WyoRev
Buckaroo

Agreed. I guess we'll just have to find out if they are any good in conference play. There's some real cupcakes there too though. *cough* utah, csu *cough*