The new OC is

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Co OC's Pete Kaglis and Jim Harding. Pretty interesting. Said he will be more involoved. Said it had to do with them being with him from the beginning and they deserve the opportunity. I think he must have a high level of trust with them and on the same page with what they want to do offensively. Said they will run more but still run the spread.

All of this per Benfred twitter.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

LOL Okay then.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

So the new OC is Coach Christensen? But giving those two an opprotunity to learn more than just one position?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:So the new OC is Coach Christensen? But giving those two an opprotunity to learn more than just one position?
Yes he mentioned yesterday at a CJC function it would be a triumvirate ( go look that one up ) offense with DC as lead. I'm OK with this as it's his ass on the line. More power to him. Get er done
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

zappinpoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:So the new OC is Coach Christensen? But giving those two an opprotunity to learn more than just one position?
Yes he mentioned yesterday at a CJC function it would be a triumvirate ( go look that one up ) offense with DC as lead. I'm OK with this as it's his ass on the line. More power to him. Get er done
Lol I had to look that one up...

Political regime dominated by 3 powerful individuals.

Haha...I like DC, even though a lot of people here don't, but I do think he has a huge ego, as do almost ALL football coaches...from PeeWee to the NFL, but I think DC will pretty much run EVERYTHING. Let those guys throw in an opinion or two, make Coach Kaglis more than anyone because DC knows the oline is our biggest problem and kag knows that...
But I think we are in for a good surprise this year with the offesne.

Brett Smith=Passing for 40 TDs
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
zappinpoke wrote:

Haha...I like DC, even though a lot of people here don't, but I do think he has a huge ego, as do almost ALL football coaches...from PeeWee to the NFL, but I think DC will pretty much run EVERYTHING. Let those guys throw in an opinion or two, make Coach Kaglis more than anyone because DC knows the oline is our biggest problem and kag knows that...

You optimistic MF'er how dare you?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

zappinpoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
zappinpoke wrote:

You optimistic MF'er how dare you?
I figure the higher I set the bar, the better the end product will be. Once it is set so high it only gets picked apart and brought down so far!
haha
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

This sounds about right. Make one or 2 coaches the "OC" while DC will actually be the one calling the plays. This is pretty common for any team where the head coach calls the offense or defense; there is still a designated OC or DC but they are more of an organizational and positional coach.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Im pretty happy with the news about Kalglis & Harding. Two guys who truly put in the work and are respected highly by the players I'm told. Now I also am excited to hear that DC wants to call the plays and get back into teaching the players on field. It tells me he misses that feeling of interaction with the offensive players on a daily basis. I think this will have a positive affect on the players. Now if these JC players can help the moral of the defense we're in good shape. I still have two areas where I'm a little skeptical and that's the O Line, Defensive ends and line backers. If we can shore up those spots I'd feel a lot more confident going into the season. Spring ball will answer a lot of those questions. Last spring was hard to gauge with Brett out.so I'm hoping both sides are fully healthy.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

mwc fan wrote:Im pretty happy with the news about Kalglis & Harding. Two guys who truly put in the work and are respected highly by the players I'm told. Now I also am excited to hear that DC wants to call the plays and get back into teaching the players on field. It tells me he misses that feeling of interaction with the offensive players on a daily basis. I think this will have a positive affect on the players. Now if these JC players can help the moral of the defense we're in good shape. I still have two areas where I'm a little skeptical and that's the O Line, Defensive ends and line backers. If we can shore up those spots I'd feel a lot more confident going into the season. Spring ball will answer a lot of those questions. Last spring was hard to gauge with Brett out.so I'm hoping both sides are fully healthy.
They are two good guys, so if the offense goes horribly wrong, which one of them gets fired? Or both?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

cowboyz wrote:
mwc fan wrote:Im pretty happy with the news about Kalglis & Harding. Two guys who truly put in the work and are respected highly by the players I'm told. Now I also am excited to hear that DC wants to call the plays and get back into teaching the players on field. It tells me he misses that feeling of interaction with the offensive players on a daily basis. I think this will have a positive affect on the players. Now if these JC players can help the moral of the defense we're in good shape. I still have two areas where I'm a little skeptical and that's the O Line, Defensive ends and line backers. If we can shore up those spots I'd feel a lot more confident going into the season. Spring ball will answer a lot of those questions. Last spring was hard to gauge with Brett out.so I'm hoping both sides are fully healthy.
They are two good guys, so if the offense goes horribly wrong, which one of them gets fired? Or both?
If the offense goes bad, then DC and everyone else get fired.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

DC is the OC just had to put someone in the position