LOI's received so far

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 249 times

Yes, they are subjective rankings... but

the liklihood of 4 and 5 star players making the NFL is >> 2 and 3 star players
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Firm believer that Wyo has got to find those diamonds in the rough and kids that need "nurtured" the way a small town can keep you out of trouble. We need to get on national TV for more exposure and freaking win....Laramie is great place once you let it.... .just want us to start turning heads and playing Wyo tough football....national brand...ass kickers....not "hey Wyoming?...what division are they?" Pisses me off :twisted:
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

BJC wrote:So.......ranked between 112-115..........ugh I hope this isnt correct

Rivals says 103rd.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Well that's way better I guess......hopefully DC and company sees something others don't :popcorn:
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

BJC wrote:Well that's way better I guess......hopefully DC and company sees something others don't :popcorn:
Like Austyn Carta-Samuels and Brett Smith?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

BJC wrote:Firm believer that Wyo has got to find those diamonds in the rough and kids that need "nurtured" the way a small town can keep you out of trouble. We need to get on national TV for more exposure and freaking win....Laramie is great place once you let it.... .just want us to start turning heads and playing Wyo tough football....national brand...ass kickers....not "hey Wyoming?...what division are they?" Pisses me off :twisted:

Totally agree, I get tired of overhearing folks saying that Wyoming is an FCS school in the Big Sky conference. I've heard this on several occasions. I think we need to continue with the alternate uniforms and stuff like that. Recruits want to look good and play on national TV. Its all about Swag nowadays, and this team needs an attitude; I think it starts with a defensive attitude adjustment, where we are going come in and smack a team in the jaw. That is one way to get that reputation. Then have that high octane offensive game come in put up those big stats. Recruits look at stats, especially at the position they play. They want to be part of winning program where they have the latest Nike gear on while making big plays on TV. I like the switch from Texas recruiting to more of a California flavor. These California/ Washington kids seem to be little tougher and hungry as hell to get on the field. Gotta love the attitudes of last years recruits like Jason Thompson, Wick, May and the Hawaiian Line backer Siaosi. These are the types of recruits that will make Wyoming a contender with Swag.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

As much as I hate the word "swag"..........you agree right.....unis look good....stadium improved.... Facilities....... Now sell it.....get on TV get the 'brand' out there.
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

DC has always said he doesn't buy into anything recruiting sites say. "If they knew so much, they would be coaches right?" I believe they have an evaluation system and they have to pass all steps.

DC's 2stars are head and shoulder above Glenn's 3stars. Look for yourself.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Not knocking anything! Just not happy seeing recruiting in the 100's :twocents:
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I met DC tonight at the hoops game! I asked him if he was running the offense this season and he said yeah. Then I said "just like the good ole missouri days" he laughed and said year....thenm i said Brett Smith is gonna put up 40 passing TDs right and then he said....I woudn't count on it.

f-word! :(
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:I met DC tonight at the hoops game! I asked him if he was running the offense this season and he said yeah. Then I said "just like the good ole missouri days" he laughed and said year....thenm i said Brett Smith is gonna put up 40 passing TDs right and then he said....I woudn't count on it.

f-word! :(
I think Brett Smith will have 40+ TD's. Not all passing though. I think he can legitimately get about 30 to 34 (if we play it right) passing. The rest will be rushing on his part.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

That is all assuming Brett doesn't get hurt. Which, considering his sad lack of protection his entire career, is a bad assumption. That concussion problem will remain the rest of his career, beyond Wyoming too. Every snap he's one bad sack away from missing the next game, or more.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

I think DC wants more balance in the play calling. By saying Brett wil not throw for 40 means he has a plan to use the run game a lot more. I was never a fan of trying to score as quickly as possible at the expense of keeping our defense on the field most of the game. Sometimes slow methodical drives can beat the crap out a defense. Especially at 7000+ altitude. Time of possession can also help an offensive line get in their groove and pick up the different fronts that the defense may be showing. Afterall we didn't pick up a tight end for poop and giggles.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Wtf did that mean? They not getting along?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

BJC wrote:Wtf did that mean? They not getting along?

I think it means that 40TDS is a bit ridiculous. That is pure homerism coming from me.
And the whole thing about running the ball a lot more.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I'll never forget when Colt Brennan threw 57 TD passes in 2006. Pretty sure UH ran the ball 4 times the whole season.