Unis and the MWC

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I dont know about you guys but our jerseys would be way sweeter if we went with brown top white pants at home and white top yellow pants on the road what do u think? And also our confrence seems tough this year, utah killed UCLA, NM and BYU beat UA SDSU was in it with ASU, TCU is always good, AF beat TCU, CSU gave Cal all they had, UNLV seems to have improved, your opinons on the MWC? I think were underated i wish we could form it and get Hawaii, Boise, and someone like NMSU and have a twelve team confrence with a MWC N and a MWC south what do u think
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

I agree. I wish we could add Boise, Fresno, and Hawaii now but....
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Havoc
Buckaroo

I'd prefer to see the Cowboys go back to the traditional 1960s early 1970s look:

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

I rather have the unis from 1987-96! We won outright WAC Championships with those!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:I agree. I wish we could add Boise, Fresno, and Hawaii now but....
I would love to see Hawaii in the MWC if Fresno and Boise come as well. That would make for an awesome conference for both f-ball and b-ball.
Colt Brennan= Future Hall of Famer!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Hawaii is a travel cost that I think the MWC was happy to get rid of when the WAC split happened back in the 90s. Not cheap to go to the islands, for sure.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:Hawaii is a travel cost that I think the MWC was happy to get rid of when the WAC split happened back in the 90s. Not cheap to go to the islands, for sure.
Utah State, New Mexico State, and Louisiana Tech haven't complained about the costs of flying to Honolulu.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Wyokie wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Hawaii is a travel cost that I think the MWC was happy to get rid of when the WAC split happened back in the 90s. Not cheap to go to the islands, for sure.
Utah State, New Mexico State, and Louisiana Tech haven't complained about the costs of flying to Honolulu.
But notice that Hawaii didn't exactly get an invitation to join the MWC when it was formed, either.. even though they had been in the WAC for quite a while.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
But notice that Hawaii didn't exactly get an invitation to join the MWC when it was formed, either.. even though they had been in the WAC for quite a while.

Probably because Hawaii was the chairman of the meeting when the WAC decided to go to 16 teams and Hawaii had the tie-breaking vote. The WAC voted 5-4 with 1 absent n favor of adding 6 schools (UNM's president was at a funeral at the time of the vote). Besides there was some backroom dealing. A little "if I scratch your back, you scratch mine." UNM and UTEP probably brokered a deal with Hawaii by having Hawaii vote for the Texas schools and Tulsa in exchange for the WAC voting to stop requiring Hawaii to pay for ALL travel from the mainland to Honolulu.

I've read a lot about the mess.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Wyokie wrote:Probably because Hawaii was the chairman of the meeting when the WAC decided to go to 16 teams and Hawaii had the tie-breaking vote. The WAC voted 5-4 with 1 absent n favor of adding 6 schools (UNM's president was at a funeral at the time of the vote). Besides there was some backroom dealing. A little "if I scratch your back, you scratch mine." UNM and UTEP probably brokered a deal with Hawaii by having Hawaii vote for the Texas schools and Tulsa in exchange for the WAC voting to stop requiring Hawaii to pay for ALL travel from the mainland to Honolulu.

Good information right there! Thanks!
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:
Wyokie wrote:Probably because Hawaii was the chairman of the meeting when the WAC decided to go to 16 teams and Hawaii had the tie-breaking vote. The WAC voted 5-4 with 1 absent n favor of adding 6 schools (UNM's president was at a funeral at the time of the vote). Besides there was some backroom dealing. A little "if I scratch your back, you scratch mine." UNM and UTEP probably brokered a deal with Hawaii by having Hawaii vote for the Texas schools and Tulsa in exchange for the WAC voting to stop requiring Hawaii to pay for ALL travel from the mainland to Honolulu.

Good information right there! Thanks!
Thank you. If some sort of compromise could be reached that will please everyone, I could see Hawaii joining the Mountain West in a few years.
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

I would rather have Boise State over Hawaii.
It would truely be Mt. West If Montana would get their stadium to 30,000 and go 1A.
This is my dream MWC.
1. Air Force
2. Boise State
3. BYU
4.Montana
5. New Mexico
6. SDSU
7. UNLV
8.Utah
9. WYOMING
10. TCU
11. CSU
That would be a good conference.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Montana will be at 25,000 after this season. Which outdraws UNLV, SDSU, New Mexico, and even Wyoming. Might be small, but full to the brim every week.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

My dream Mountain West Conference (with current members)

Mountain Division
WYOMING COWBOYS
Air Force Falcons
Bose State Broncos
Colorado State Rams
New Mexico Lobos
TCU Horned Frogs

Pacific Division
BYU Cougars
Fresno State Bulldogs
Hawaii Warriors
San Diego State Aztecs
UNLV Rebels
Utah Utes

But,...if you were to take out a team or two...

Mountain Division
WYOMING COWBOYS
Air Force Falcons
BYU Cougars
Colorado State Rams
New Mexico Lobos
Utah Utes

Pacific Division
Boise State Broncos
Fresno State Bulldogs
Hawaii Warriors
San Diego State Aztecs
Nevada Wolf Pack
UNLV Rebels
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Kansan Cowboy! wrote:I would rather have Boise State over Hawaii.
I'd bring both in along with Fresno.
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

I say leave Hawaii out, nothing against the warriors, just don't think it is a good fit for our conference, and I always dreaded when we had to travel out there. Just too far away. I agree that we should look at Boise St. adn Fresno, both solid programs that would complement the conference. Montana, would be a good add if they stepped up to D-1. I am impressed by their devoted fans and attendence. Hopefully Cowboy fans will continue to fill the seats this season. If we win on Sat. we should see good attendence the rest of the year, especially B Y U. GO POKES!! BEAT THE BOBCATS!

GO POKES!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

tttgowyo wrote:I say leave Hawaii out, nothing against the warriors, just don't think it is a good fit for our conference, and I always dreaded when we had to travel out there. Just too far away. I agree that we should look at Boise St. adn Fresno, both solid programs that would complement the conference. Montana, would be a good add if they stepped up to D-1. I am impressed by their devoted fans and attendence. Hopefully Cowboy fans will continue to fill the seats this season. If we win on Sat. we should see good attendence the rest of the year, especially B Y U. GO POKES!! BEAT THE BOBCATS!
Montana can't move up without Montana State. Both are joined at the hip.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Wyokie wrote:
tttgowyo wrote:I say leave Hawaii out, nothing against the warriors, just don't think it is a good fit for our conference, and I always dreaded when we had to travel out there. Just too far away. I agree that we should look at Boise St. adn Fresno, both solid programs that would complement the conference. Montana, would be a good add if they stepped up to D-1. I am impressed by their devoted fans and attendence. Hopefully Cowboy fans will continue to fill the seats this season. If we win on Sat. we should see good attendence the rest of the year, especially B Y U. GO POKES!! BEAT THE BOBCATS!
I wish we could kill off our ugly sister.. then we could move up without MSU and the Litterbox dragging us down. Actually, I wish the Montana Board of Regents would separate the two and make them independent of each other so each school can achieve without having to rely on the other.. right now MSU or UM cannot succeed without the other one tagging along or leading the way.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
I wish we could kill off our ugly sister.. then we could move up without MSU and the Litterbox dragging us down. Actually, I wish the Montana Board of Regents would separate the two and make them independent of each other so each school can achieve without having to rely on the other.. right now MSU or UM cannot succeed without the other one tagging along or leading the way.
Isn't there a state law that requires both to be joined at the hip. I know the State of Washington has one which is sad since Wazzu belongs in a conference like the MWC.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

I don't know if it's a state law, but the Board of Regents governs all Montana universities under one umbrella.
ImageImageImageImage