It's Getting the Point I Hate this Board

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Every topic devolves into a personal slamfest. I don't want to dig through this cr@p to get insight about the Pokes any more.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Lost Poke wrote:Every topic devolves into a personal slamfest. I don't want to dig through this cr@p to get insight about the Pokes any more.
I can understand your point...the muck can get thick sometimes, I think we're all to blame from time to time.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

It's called losing all year long it wears on fans at a much faster rate because lots of fans have unrealistic expectations to begin with.

I learned a while ago after a loss in football or multiple losses take some time off you don't miss anything important just all the name calling and childish antics.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I actually see most discussions as reasonable and civil. I have quite a few posters disagree with my opinions, not too many are dicks.
BringBackStutzriem
Buckaroo

marcuswyo wrote:I actually see most discussions as reasonable and civil. I have quite a few posters disagree with my opinions, not too many are dicks.
Word, I think that there's a lot of disagreement on here, but it's rarely to the point of flaming.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

It's called being ungodly horrible this year, beyond terrible last year, dog poop the year before that and probably not a whole lot to look forward to next year. Yea it's the board that sucks.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Maybe we should just shift our attention to the Prep portion of the board. At least there we can talk about a Wyoming Team Winning! LOL
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

Please keep in mind that some of the commenters may not even be Poke fans, they easily could be CSU trolls messing with your mind!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 323 times
Been liked: 127 times

It comes with the territory. Us UW fans are not a fun bunch to hang around this (football) season. You can see that it is starting to wear a bunch (of us) pretty thin.

Just a few weeks ago, I had a few posters chastise me for "posting in every thread". And at the same time, I have had posters chastise me for not loving up on Tom Burman, and saying negative things about his tenure. And as well...I have had some of these same posters criticize me for stating my opinion on Wyoming Football. And all the while, I question these attacks, just based on the fact that message boards are for sharing thoughts / opinions / etc. And that it is OK to have an opinion, and agree or disagree with others' opinions.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

As much as this board frustrates me at times, as much as the Pokes frustrate me often, etc. This board is full of passionate fans. I would take any of you A-holes over a fair-weathered fan who leaves in the 4th quarter of a close game to "beat traffic." Granted, there haven't been any close games this year, but you get my point.

That said, with all of the frustration, is there anyone here who WON'T watch the game this weekend simply because you are "sick of watching us lose?" I dare say that most of us will be watching. I will still be watching faithfully and hoping for a positive outcome.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

give me something to show me improvement is getting done, week in and week out it's the same ol same ol, i can handle losing if we're competitive and in games but lately we don't even show that anymore
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

This is just where we're at, we've rehashed the same old crap a thousand times, we're helpless while we throw away another season and another year of our lives waiting on a winner. Even the sunshine pumpers are exhausted, they don't really have anything to pump except the same rhetoric.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

djm19 wrote:As much as this board frustrates me at times, as much as the Pokes frustrate me often, etc. This board is full of passionate fans. I would take any of you A-holes over a fair-weathered fan who leaves in the 4th quarter of a close game to "beat traffic." Granted, there haven't been any close games this year, but you get my point.

That said, with all of the frustration, is there anyone here who WON'T watch the game this weekend simply because you are "sick of watching us lose?" I dare say that most of us will be watching. I will still be watching faithfully and hoping for a positive outcome.
I'll be watching. And I'll hate myself for it.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 249 times

This Board would have a big problem if we were all still upbeat about this season IMO. Losing sucks and getting our ass kicked sucks worse. I just hope the players are at least as pissed off as I get after losses; but judging from the sidelines at the CSU game, I am not sure that is the case.

Hope springs eternal. April brings optimism for the Rockies. August brings optimism for the Pokes. Damn I just hope the Pokes can catch lightening in the bottle because the tournament run in basketball last season reminded me why I keep returning year after year.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote:This Board would have a big problem if we were all still upbeat about this season IMO. Losing sucks and getting our ass kicked sucks worse. I just hope the players are at least as pissed off as I get after losses; but judging from the sidelines at the CSU game, I am not sure that is the case.

Hope springs eternal. April brings optimism for the Rockies. August brings optimism for the Pokes. Damn I just hope the Pokes can catch lightening in the bottle because the tournament run in basketball last season reminded me why I keep returning year after year.
As bad as it has been even though we've been on the losing end we at least aren't getting blown out. I will tolerate a 26-7 loss from a SUPER YOUNG Bohl team over a 48-10; 48-7; or a 35-7 type loss with an "experienced" DC team. Those were games with the likes of Brett Smith and Herron and Rufran and an upperclassmen D. Compared to Bohls loss with a 3rd String Nick Smith, Secondary WR Maulhardt and a completely new line. And a D with almost all underclassmen...

And there in lies the difference between the two.
If Bohl has his guys game ready and keeping it within reach the entire time, when these young guys gain experience and size and speed, they WILL turn things around. Because they don't just give up and let the game completely get away from them.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

kansasCowboy wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:This Board would have a big problem if we were all still upbeat about this season IMO. Losing sucks and getting our ass kicked sucks worse. I just hope the players are at least as pissed off as I get after losses; but judging from the sidelines at the CSU game, I am not sure that is the case.

As bad as it has been even though we've been on the losing end we at least aren't getting blown out. I will tolerate a 26-7 loss from a SUPER YOUNG Bohl team over a 48-10; 48-7; or a 35-7 type loss with an "experienced" DC team. Those were games with the likes of Brett Smith and Herron and Rufran and an upperclassmen D. Compared to Bohls loss with a 3rd String Nick Smith, Secondary WR Maulhardt and a completely new line. And a D with almost all underclassmen...

If Bohl has his guys game ready and keeping it within reach the entire time, when these young guys gain experience and size and speed, they WILL turn things around. Because they don't just give up and let the game completely get away from them.
It was a 19-point margin. It's not like they are losing these games by a last second field goal.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

kansasCowboy wrote:

Come On Kansas.... you as a "Coach" should realize that isn't the case. The reason the scoring margin is not as much is because of the offensive style of play. Bohl shortens the game with his style of play. Where as a spread team lengthens the game because of theirs. Nice try though! :cool:
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Slow Hand wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:

Come On Kansas.... you as a "Coach" should realize that isn't the case. The reason the scoring margin is not as much is because of the offensive style of play. Bohl shortens the game with his style of play. Where as a spread team lengthens the game because of theirs. Nice try though! :cool:
Are you sure? 17-0 at the end of the first quarter, adjustments made, 23-0 at half more adjustments made end game 26-7. I don't think it was our offense of 239 yards total that kept them from scoring more.
I also know as a coach that regardless of the outcome I have to send my team out to play, no matter how banged up we are.
I will get my guys ready, and would expect to see at least 17-21 points offensively with what I have to use on offense. But I would not be surprised if my team can't make up more than that.

I explained this as well. Last year, started out 4-0, lost my starting QB, RB and TE(who plays a big role in my O), all SRs. We decided to go with our younger JV instead of changing positions around. We dropped five games in a row. But even though we went 4-5. I watched those JV players progress week to week. We still coached them to win games, but they still came up short. This year those same JV are the key reason we are sitting at 9-1 and moving on in the playoffs. They struggled last year, and had we not allowed them that in game experience I doubt we would be sitting at 9-1 right now.
That is almost exactly how I see Bohl and the Cowboys this year. He is getting guys some in game experience. They are still playing to win, but I'm sure he knows it's a reach at times, just as I did. But you still have to play the game regardless.
Barring injuries ( which we have had WAY to many this year), I think Bohl will have really good experience coming back. And if that's the case, we will see a vastly different team next year. Probably not 9-1 like me, but progress nonetheless.

And that, as a coach is what I see.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 249 times

We got spanked by a bad CSU team plain and simple. CSU certainly went Vanilla in the second half to simply run out the clock. There is no need to sugarcoat that terrible loss. There is no need to make excuses.

Will this team improve over the next few games and the offseason so that Wyoming will be competitive next year in Fort Collins (an other games)? This is the critical question that we all hope to be true but which none of us can answer with any degree of certainty.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

kansasCowboy wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:

Are you sure? 17-0 at the end of the first quarter, adjustments made, 23-0 at half more adjustments made end game 26-7. I don't think it was our offense of 239 yards total that kept them from scoring more.
I also know as a coach that regardless of the outcome I have to send my team out to play, no matter how banged up we are.
I will get my guys ready, and would expect to see at least 17-21 points offensively with what I have to use on offense. But I would not be surprised if my team can't make up more than that.

I explained this as well. Last year, started out 4-0, lost my starting QB, RB and TE(who plays a big role in my O), all SRs. We decided to go with our younger JV instead of changing positions around. We dropped five games in a row. But even though we went 4-5. I watched those JV players progress week to week. We still coached them to win games, but they still came up short. This year those same JV are the key reason we are sitting at 9-1 and moving on in the playoffs. They struggled last year, and had we not allowed them that in game experience I doubt we would be sitting at 9-1 right now.
That is almost exactly how I see Bohl and the Cowboys this year. He is getting guys some in game experience. They are still playing to win, but I'm sure he knows it's a reach at times, just as I did. But you still have to play the game regardless.
Barring injuries ( which we have had WAY to many this year), I think Bohl will have really good experience coming back. And if that's the case, we will see a vastly different team next year. Probably not 9-1 like me, but progress nonetheless.

And that, as a coach is what I see.
This is one instance that I see Time of possession mattering. Limit the amount of time and or frequency that the opposing team has the ball and you will lessen the beating and shorten the game. I call this playing not to lose.