He's headed to Creighton
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Man, this profoundly bums me out.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

Hunter's dad was telling me a few weeks ago how impressed they were with Creighton. I had a bad feeling that he wouldn't end up in Laramie.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I hope he fails miserably.....if true.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:I hope he fails miserably.....if true.
Seriously?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

JimmyDimes wrote:I hope he fails miserably.....if true.
That's messed up. He's a good kid who's very talented. I'd love to see him in the brown & gold, but I wish nothing for best for him wherever he goes.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

f-word him then. Why would you root for anyone who just spit in your face and asked you if you liked it?
Last edited by laxwyo on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

Dang it. I feel like Hunter missed a special opportunity in his home state. whatever. He really could have been someone special here.

And Creighton? wft? it's Creighton. woo-hoo? congrats, I guess.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Maybe fail miserably is too strong. And if this isn't true, I would still want him to be a Poke. My problem is with Wyoming kids showing no loyalty. My allegiance is to the University of Wyoming...not a Wyoming high school kid. So, when a Wyoming kid goes elsewhere, when they know what they could do for the home state team....just rubs me the wrong way.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

JimmyDimes wrote:Maybe fail miserably is too strong. And if this isn't true, I would still want him to be a Poke. My problem is with Wyoming kids showing no loyalty. My allegiance is to the University of Wyoming...not a Wyoming high school kid. So, when a Wyoming kid goes elsewhere, when they know what they could do for the home state team....just rubs me the wrong way.
I have similar feelings. How is it that not one of these Wyoming kids have no pride in their home state or loyalty. Not the cloth I was cut from.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:Maybe fail miserably is too strong. And if this isn't true, I would still want him to be a Poke. My problem is with Wyoming kids showing no loyalty. My allegiance is to the University of Wyoming...not a Wyoming high school kid. So, when a Wyoming kid goes elsewhere, when they know what they could do for the home state team....just rubs me the wrong way.
I have similar feelings. How is it that not one of these Wyoming kids have no pride in their home state or loyalty. Not the cloth I was cut from.
I bet the Talich boys would be pissed. For those who don't know. the Talich brothers were very good football players from Pine Bluff. Loyal to their home state......and people remember who they are.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

We'll never a real program until these kids believe that they can make it into one. We should win 80% of the recruiting battles for the top talent in our state.
W-Y, Until I Die!
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

JimmyDimes wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
I bet the Talich boys would be pissed. For those who don't know. the Talich brothers were very good football players from Pine Bluff. Loyal to their home state......and people remember who they are.
I sort of understand a Mormon kid going to BYU. But this kid just thinks he is bigger than the state and I bet he has never had anyone tell him differently. Maybe he is.

But make no mistake, if he fails I will join the laugh brigade.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

And we usually make a big deal about Wyoming kids staying in Wyoming when in all reality, they had no other options
W-Y, Until I Die!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Geez sour grapes much?...just because a kid goes to high school here means he has to play here? If Thompson was from anywhere else wyo has exactly ZERO shot at signing him. We need to take a long look in the mirror and honestly assess where we are in the college basketball landscape as it pertains to recruiting.
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

This SUCKS! I really thought that he would go to the Cowboys and we would relive the Bailey years. It looks like all the recruiting we did in the Utah AAU is not working at all. Yoeli Childs and Hunter. Samuta Avea better come here or our coaches wasted a lot of time with that team with no reward. I am really down about this. This 15-16 year will go down as being my all time low of being a cowboys fan. Wow can it get any worse for us? knock on wood. :cry: :o :evil:
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

They have made the NCAA tournament 3 of the last 5 years and sell out their arena every night. We have 1 tourney appearance in 14 years, get like 7,000 to our games on average, and we stunk this year with a bunch of kids ending up in trouble. Reality sucks, the coaching staff certainly made him know he was wanted by us.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Thompson and Stewart could have been legends here, a great 1-2 punch. Piss on it if he doesn't have loyalty to home state. He will have a rude awakening I think going from 2A competition to D1. He will need a redshirt for sure.
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

307bball wrote:Geez sour grapes much?...just because a kid goes to high school here means he has to play here? If Thompson was from anywhere else wyo has exactly ZERO shot at signing him. We need to take a long look in the mirror and honestly assess where we are in the college basketball landscape as it pertains to recruiting.
Yes there is sour grapes. Why shouldn't there be. We love our university and this kid lived an hour away. The basketball program status assessment is the part that sucks the worst. We all realize that we are not great right now, we have already taken the "look in the mirror". Most of us have addressed our recruiting status a million times on this board but we can still be mad at the kid when he doesn't choose our school. We did the same thing to Grandy Glaze last year when he chose Grand Canyon. This one just stings a lot more because he is from Wyoming and we all remember how awesome the Marcus Bailey (as well as others mentioned) years were and were hoping for the same result!
CowboyCO
Ranch Hand

I wish him nothing but the best. I would have loved to see him in brown & gold, but Creighton is a fine institution with a good basketball tradition.