Hoyt Nicholas

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

Does anyone think he could play for the pokes? I just saw he was named Gatorade player of the year. Reminds me of mac a bit when I watched him play.
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

http://trib.com/sports/high-school/bask ... 82ff0.html

I guess his stats are even better that JMAC's. He might be a good fit for the pokes along the Eric Platt, Jmac kind of mold. Not a superstar but good enough to really be a solid player and piece of the puzzle.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I heard UW started showing interest after Trey Washington left the program. I don't know how interested they are though.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

DVDA wrote:I heard UW started showing interest after Trey Washington left the program. I don't know how interested they are though.
Use your hometown connections and get some answers, man!
ImageImageImageImage
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

That is cool i was going to ask this question earlier. I'm from worland also but been out of school for almost 10 years wish i knew the kid. Looking at his stats though he could be a pretty solid player. Look at Rob Heyer his senior year for Boise State was a very solid year for him. I would be excited if he went to UW.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

rich22 wrote:Does anyone think he could play for the pokes? I just saw he was named Gatorade player of the year. Reminds me of mac a bit when I watched him play.

He can play for Wyoming I am sure but it will take him probably a couple of years to get accustomed to D1 ball. Is that what we really need right now is someone we have to wait another two years on? To me it isn't.

Maybe he would be a surprise though and end up being another Marcus Bailey.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

Cut Dalton and give him a shot I say
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote:
DVDA wrote:I heard UW started showing interest after Trey Washington left the program. I don't know how interested they are though.
Use your hometown connections and get some answers, man!
The person I talked to is pretty close to the team. He also was close with Rob Heyer and said Hoyt is a similar athlete and better scorer but doesn't have the same IQ for basketball or defense. He didn't say how deep the interest was. All he said was the jucos in Wyoming and BHSU have been the most interested in him.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

LanderPoke wrote:Cut Dalton and give him a shot I say
Dalton will be good. Man you're annoying.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote:
You have a crappy eye for talent if you think Dalton is going to turn this program around.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

LanderPoke wrote:
laxwyo wrote:
You have a crappy eye for talent if you think Dalton is going to turn this program around.
I think you don't know poop since you were a Marshall super sucker. Dalton will have a role on this team. Is he potential all mw? No. I agree we need some players to turn this team around
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
laxwyo wrote:
I think you don't know poop since you were a Marshall super sucker. Dalton will have a role on this team. Is he potential all mw? No. I agree we need some players to turn this team around
I guess there's one thing we agree on.
wyoming3
Buckaroo

He's got a highlight tape from last year on YouTube. He looks pretty good to me, good vision, handles the ball quite a bit, and he's got a nice looking jumper. Hard to know if he would progress like J-Mac but I definitely like him better than the Colorado kid we signed this year.