Parker Stewart might commit to a school this week.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Here's an article from two days ago that says he's getting worried that the school he wants to commit to is running out of scholarships. He's already visited all four of his finalists. The official Nebraska visit is scheduled for this weekend. We're still very much in the mix. K State took a 2 guard commit, so they're likely done recruiting Parker, since they aren't recruiting him to play point.

We fit the team he describes in this article, because we are down to one scholarship, and we might have Trevin Knell wanting to commit right now, while we're waiting on Parker to decide.

Come home Parker.

http://www.flohoops.com/article/46085-s ... op-options
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

This article says that Ole Miss has plenty of scholarships left, so I don't think he's going to chose Ole Miss. This article was written last Thursday. In it, he says he wants to take all his visits. In the article that came out two days ago, he said he might commit soon.

What happened this weekend to change his mind? K State took a second commit at 2 guard and Parker likely lost his scholarship offer to KState.

Nebraska and Ole Miss have several available scholarships.

The school he's worried about losing is about to take their final commit for the year. That's not Ole Miss or Nebraska.

http://www.scout.com/college/ole-miss/s ... er-stewart
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

This thread on the KState board says that they're not recruiting Parker to play point, just 2 guard. I think Parker wants to be able to play either.

On top of that, KState has taken a commitment from Mike McGuirl, a 2 guard, AFTER Parker Stewart's visit to KState. They have two SG commitments in the class of 2017. I don't think they'll take another one.

I think K State's offer to Parker is likely off the board.

http://www.scout.com/college/kansas-sta ... o-illinois
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Nebraska, on the other hand, is guard deficient. They likely have room for Parker, although they have more scholarships available than just one.

I think Wyoming is looking pretty good right now.

http://www.btpowerhouse.com/2016/9/6/12 ... son-losses
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:Nebraska, on the other hand, is guard deficient. They likely have room for Parker, although they have more scholarships available than just one. I think Wyoming is looking pretty good right now.

http://www.btpowerhouse.com/2016/9/6/12 ... son-losses
God I hope you are right CJ. If so, and Parker commits to Wyoming, then the good old days are definitely here again. Come on Parker, Wyoming needs you young man.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

I'd love to be wrong.......but I'm just not as optimistic as you guys

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

whyoh wrote:I'd love to be wrong.......but I'm just not as optimistic as you guys

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I wasn't either until I saw his offer list turn into his visit list and a poop of big time basketball programs get cut so he could decide between Nebraska, Ole Miss, K State, and Wyoming. The K State offer is likely off the board.

I'll take the Pepsi challenge with Nebraska and Ole Miss at basketball, especially since Parker was our ball boy for four years. If he wants to go to the NCAA tournament, he has a better chance to do it more often in Laramie than he does in Lincoln or Oxford.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I'm not sure if Miles will be there to coach Parker after this season. He should read the tea leaves on that one.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

There's a difference between a program wanting a player and a program needing a player. We NEED Parker. Parker would be a cornerstone. Man, I hope he chooses us.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

I think we're gonna get him. Really do after that move by Hunter. That wasn't done for nothin. Parker has to know he'd be up for legit playing time on an exciting NCAA tourney caliber team. I mean it's an instant spotlight opportunity if he plays big for WYO right into a tourney run. Then you let the nation know Wyoming is back on the map for hoops for years to come.
Riding High!!!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Nebraska only has one scholarship left now as they just landed a 2 guard today.

http://www.cornnation.com/2016/9/15/129 ... um=twitter

National Champions 1943.

I do.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

He knows Laramie already, maybe that's why he's ready to commit before the visit. Man, I hope hunter's sacrifice pays off with Parker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

We'll see. According to some Nebraska folks, Parker is still taking his trip to Lincoln this weekend. I have yet to see anything to confirm that.

If he makes it to Laramie without committing, I love our chances then.

There's a reason why he planned on taking four visits with Wyoming LAST and THEN committing after all four. I think Wyoming has been the favorite all along, or at least in the top 2. We are the last visit he has planned.

Nebraska has never won a game in the NCAA tournament, went 16 years between their second to last(1998) and last NCAA tournament visit(2014), and has only made the dance seven times(0-7 all time). They don't have a basketball history in Nebraska. Tim Miles is a good salesman, but that looks like a place where basketball players and coaches go to get B1G participation ribbons.

If we can get his family to Laramie, I think Parker is coming home to stay.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote:Nebraska has never won a game in the NCAA tournament, went 16 years between their second to last(1998) and last NCAA tournament visit(2014), and has only made the dance seven times(0-7 all time). They don't have a basketball history in Nebraska. Tim Miles is a good salesman, but that looks like a place where basketball players and coaches go to get B1G participation ribbons.
Like you said in the other thread, "he may want to go somewhere he can help build a program."

I would love for that to be in Laramie, but you can't deny that he could do the same in Lincoln too.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

do we REALLY have a chance??? are we still in the running????
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:do we REALLY have a chance??? are we still in the running????
He has a visit scheduled on Oct. 1....We're the official visit he has yet to take. If he doesn't commit before he comes to Laramie, you have to think we have a great chance.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:
stymeman wrote:do we REALLY have a chance??? are we still in the running????
He has a visit scheduled on Oct. 1....We're the official visit he has yet to take. If he doesn't commit before he comes to Laramie, you have to think we have a great chance.
I definitely like our chances. I mean Nebraska has some nice facilities but a basketball school they are NOT. You can't deny the strong basketball roots UW has. Nebraska will typically always be the favorite on the gridiron but on the hardwood I would honestly say the huskers would be the underdogs. I Know we are the only G5 school out of the 4 schools left on Parkers list but I honestly feel we have the best BB program. LOOK at all the schools we beat out!!! Parker is going to visit Laramie and see dirt being moved around the AA and the HAPC will be done around the time he would start school as well. He is bringing his parents to show the changes already made. He will also get to show them the changes in progress as well. We have a lot going for us right now. We are going to win MWC again very soon and attending the dance will be more common than not. He can make a lot noise in quiet little Laramie more so than Lincoln, Oxford, and Manhattan in my honest opinion but obviously I'm a little biased :thumb:
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I wonder if Parker will head to Foco for the Border War while he's in town.

Is it a coincidence that Parker is in town during the boot weekend? I don't think it is.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I still think Nebraska is a real threat. They may not be on the level of a Michigan State or Wisconsin in the Big Ten, but it's still a Big Ten school with world class facilities.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo