Sheep hiring Addazio

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 12 times

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 249 times

Boston College Eagles (Atlantic Coast Conference) (2013–2019)
2013 Boston College 7–6 4–4 T–3rd (Atlantic) L Independence
2014 Boston College 7–6 4–4 4th (Atlantic) L Pinstripe
2015 Boston College 3–9 0–8 7th (Atlantic)
2016 Boston College 7–6 2–6 T–6th (Atlantic) W Quick Lane
2017 Boston College 7–6 4–4 T–3rd (Atlantic) L Pinstripe
2018 Boston College 7–5 4–4 4th (Atlantic) First Responder[a 1]
2019 Boston College 6–6 4–4 T–3rd (Atlantic)
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

His 7-6 consistency is amazing! BC would have been 7-6 last year too but the bowl game against Boise State was cancelled due to lightning.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

And they still think Alford is coming to be the OC..... HAHA. You cant make this stuff up. Hes supposedly going to leave the best team in the world to take a lateral position on one of the worst teams in G5 because what.... He loves FoCo? They are so delusional.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

Bahahaha! It went from Urban Meyer, to Aranda, to Alford, to Butch Jones, to Williams now to Addizio, some guy I've never heard of, that is old and mediocre and has no ties to either the region or fertile recruiting grounds. Sheep fans deserve this after being so cocky, arrogant and delusional. Top G5 program they say. idiots. At least Addazio hasn't beaten any players that we know of lol
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:11 pm Bahahaha! It went from Urban Meyer, to Aranda, to Alford, to Butch Jones, to Williams now to Addizio, some guy I've never heard of, that is old and mediocre and has no ties to either the region or fertile recruiting grounds. Sheep fans deserve this after being so cocky, arrogant and delusional. Top G5 program they say. idiots. At least Addazio hasn't beaten any players that we know of lol
#YouHateToSeeIt
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

He is 1-0 vs Wyoming. His Temple Owls destroyed us 37-15 in the 2011 New Mexico Bowl.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

TrackPoke wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:49 pm He is 1-0 vs Wyoming. His Temple Owls destroyed us 37-15 in the 2011 New Mexico Bowl.
That was DC's defense. Anyone with a pulse in the running game destroyed us then. I can't count how many arm tackles Bernard Pierce broke that game.

I think Bohl stacks up VERY well against Addazio.
Last edited by OrediggerPoke on Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

This honestly makes zero sense to me. Why pay Bobo all of that money in a buyout ($1.2 million) to bring in a guy that was just canned at Boston College?
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:55 pm This honestly makes zero sense to me. Why pay Bobo all of that money in a buyout ($1.2 million) to bring in a guy that was just canned at Boston College?
Sheep logic.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

They're gonna wish they got Alford outta Ohio St
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

Not a glowing review:

"Boston College was able to salvage its season by securing a bowl berth Saturday, but it wasn’t enough for coach Steve Addazio to save his job.

BC decided Sunday to cut ties with Addazio, a day after the Eagles 26-19 win over Pittsburgh in their regular-season finale, bringing an end to a seven-year tenure that restored stability after a dark period but ultimately grew stagnant as the program seemed to hit a ceiling.

Addazio led the Eagles to five winning campaigns and six bowl appearances, but his 44-44 record over seven seasons at the Heights became a symbol for an inability to get the program over the hump."

https://www.boston.com/sports/college-s ... oach-fired
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times

TrackPoke wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:13 pm Not a glowing review:

"Boston College was able to salvage its season by securing a bowl berth Saturday, but it wasn’t enough for coach Steve Addazio to save his job.

BC decided Sunday to cut ties with Addazio, a day after the Eagles 26-19 win over Pittsburgh in their regular-season finale, bringing an end to a seven-year tenure that restored stability after a dark period but ultimately grew stagnant as the program seemed to hit a ceiling.

Addazio led the Eagles to five winning campaigns and six bowl appearances, but his 44-44 record over seven seasons at the Heights became a symbol for an inability to get the program over the hump."

Addazio sounds perfect for the Rams 😂😂😂
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I don't know that we should be gloating. If Bohls contract ended next year and we let him go AND won this year and next year's bowl games with 8 wins each season (which is far from guaranteed), you could do a little cut and paste with the name, change 44-44 to 44-45, lower the bowl appearances a little for CB (6 to 4), lower the winning seasons a little for CB (5-4), and you wouldn't even change the last sentence "bringing an end to a seven-year tenure that restored stability.... but ultimately grew stagnant as the program seemed to hit a ceiling."
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand

bullbugle307 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:29 am

I don't know that we should be gloating. If Bohls contract ended next year and we let him go AND won this year and next year's bowl games with 8 wins each season (which is far from guaranteed), you could do a little cut and paste with the name, change 44-44 to 44-45, lower the bowl appearances a little for CB (6 to 4), lower the winning seasons a little for CB (5-4), and you wouldn't even change the last sentence "bringing an end to a seven-year tenure that restored stability.... but ultimately grew stagnant as the program seemed to hit a ceiling." The only thing Bohl would have on him is bowl wins, and that's assuming a bowl win this year and 8 wins with one being a bowl win next year giving Bohl 3 bowl wins to his 1.

Food for thought.

Hunter S. Thompson
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand

Apologies for the double post.

Hunter S. Thompson
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

I don't think Addazio is a horrible hire necessarily, he's just horrible relative to who the sheep though they were going to get. My joy comes from seeing their dreams crushed. They thought Urban was going to deliver them a collection of the best up and coming coaching talent in the nation. Addazio could very well work out well for them. Who knows
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

The thing is: Can a 60 year old coach whose spent his entire career back east recruit out west? It just doesn't make much sense. Plus, I think he only got a 3 year deal. So, he could be a lame duck in year 2. It reminds me a bit when Nebraska hired a 62 year old Mike Riley. It didn't make much sense and it didn't work. I'm guessing this won't either.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Addazio’s teams play really good defense. They will be a lot tougher to beat than a Bobo coached team.

They have pretty much the same philosophy as Bohl to a certain extent.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….