Carta Samuels has left program...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Mayday
Buckaroo

Per Eric Schmoldt Twitter... Carta Samuels is done and will enroll at a JC.

Wyoming two-year starting quarterback Austyn Carta-Samuels has left the Wyoming football program.

I just spoke with Carta-Samuels on the phone, and he confirmed he is not back in Laramie, but will enroll in a yet-to-be-determined junior college.

"There is a reason for it, but I don't really want to get so much into that, I just want to stretch that Laramie has been great to me," Carta-Samuels said. "I had every intention of being a player there until I graduated."

Carta-Samuels took over as a starter four games into his freshman season and started all but one game this past year.

He was the Mountain West Conference Freshman of the Year in 2009
nirv117
Ranch Hand

That kinda sucks
God is a Cowboy
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Dude...we need Pittser now more than ever. Get on the phone and call call him now!
Fatpoke
Ranch Hand

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Dude...we need Pittser now more than ever. Get on the phone and call call him now!
This!!

What the hell has been happening up there in Laramie?!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

This could be catastrophic if Pittser does not sign. Wonder why ACS left???
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I defended others leaving the program as " no big deal" but losing a two year starting qb is f-word up. Is DC a big enough asswhole to get guaranteed starters to leave? Apparently so. I was so optimistic for the upcoming season, but this poop can't keep happening. Hopefully Brett Smith turns out to be a stud qb or Pittser decides to stay. Otherwise we are f-word and then some.

I am off the DC bandwagon and here is another reason to fire Tom Burman.
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

I will hold my tongue for now but I will have what i want to say on Poke Pride soon.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

First Watt, Gary, and Tooley leave.... but this is the worst news we could have received. Like others are saying, something has to be up. A 2 year starting QB doesn't just leave a program. Nothing makes sense right now.
I'm good for 3!
Cowduck
Cowpoke

This could go either way on Pittser. Either he sees this as a clear path to playing time or bails because he sees a coaching staff that has players (including a QB who established himself as the starter midway through his true freshman season) leaving in droves. I'd bet money he decommits soon, what with him continuing to get attention from BCS schools and taking a visit to CU.

Good thing I got a degree from Oregon, or my life as a college football fan would just be repeated kicks to the balls.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Seriously WTF is going on!!! :tickedoff: I really want to go off on a profane explited deleted rant, but I will do that on the Vegas traffic on my way home instead, but f-word hell :brick:
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Also, these aren't Glenns recruits leaving anymore... something is rotten in Denmark
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 61 times

I'm actually not too surprised about this. Like I said earlier when posters were discussing grumblings of ACS and Gary leaving...where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

Running a strict, no non-sense program like DC does often results in high player turnover rates. Winning can usually overcome that, but I was worried this would happen after our 3-9 season. It will be interesting to see if DC can overcome this because if we don't win next season, this may only be the tip of the iceberg.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Oh no! I'm worried here. So sad. I was looking for to watching him, even if it's on tv.
23handicap
Buckaroo

Maybe the recruiting of Smith and Pittser scared him.
Wind River Poke
Ranch Hand

WOW...what in the hell is going on with our men's programs. Burman better get to doing his goddamn job or go back to selling cars. There is obviously trouble in the team deeper than just the usual attrition.
Schroyer is a proven loser.....needs to be gone.
As stated on here before, I don't think DC can get it done, I think the defections are closing the door on him.
Anyone know what kind of stipend Legeski gets for his success? I know what Schroyer got for his lack of success.
I guess I'm just frustrated with the direction we keep heading in mens sports.
“God bless Wyoming and keep it wild.”
-Helen Mettler, age 15, 1925
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

QB Recruit Brett Smith's Twitter.. he's excited to be a Cowboy!
http://twitter.com/BrettSmith16
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

We need to hire Leach ASAP!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

23handicap wrote:Maybe the recruiting of Smith and Pittser scared him.
My thoughts exactly, asked that on my Twitter account.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 323 times
Been liked: 127 times

Wyokie wrote:We need to hire Leach ASAP!
You may be on to something.

At what point do you decide that enough attrition is enough...

Eh Burman, Eh Buchanan?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...