Sunday Morning QB

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

#1. Texas is a solid team. I believe they will finish the season in the top ten.

#2. Wyoming is much improved from last year.

#3. Wyoming will make improvements on mistakes made against Texas.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I'll agree with #2 and #3 but not #1, They will end the season in the top 25 sure but top 10 I think that is pushing it.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

Wyo2dal wrote:I'll agree with #2 and #3 but not #1, They will end the season in the top 25 sure but top 10 I think that is pushing it.
This. Unless their QB/QBs improve a LOT, they are not a top 10 team. Maybe a top 25 team, but their passing game is lacking past 10yds.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator

We'll see, but I think it was more our good secondary play and the fact that we didn't play 10 yards off the receivers than it was bad QB play on the part of Texas.
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

I was really surprised by Ash's accuracy and they have 3 NFL caliber RB's. They could definitely finish top 10.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

wyopokesfan23 wrote:I was really surprised by Ash's accuracy and they have 3 NFL caliber RB's. They could definitely finish top 10.
3? They have 2 proven

Gray didn't prove anything he was a high school stand out but he was a bomb in that game. High school dominance does not always mean college dominance maybe he was nervous but he touched the ball 5 times and managed 9 yards and this was very late in the game when our D was completely spent.

Unless your counting Monroe and he didn't do much either, I'll certainly give it to Bergeron & Brown wasn't too bad either but no one else impressed me.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

They'd better shore up the sieve that is their lack of a run defense -- in addition to finding a consistent run game themselves, or they could be staring 0-2 in the face...Toledo is a solid football team.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

May I also impart some wisdom concerning their kick return team? Just take a knee.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator

DINOCOSTA wrote:They'd better shore up the sieve that is their lack of a run defense -- in addition to finding a consistent run game themselves, or they could be staring 0-2 in the face...Toledo is a solid football team.
One thing I don't like to see is 2 or 3 guys standing around watching a teammate make a tackle. Tormey had the D closing on the ball well in pre-season, but we weren't yesterday - especially in the second half. Special teams were nothing to brag about yesterday.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

DINOCOSTA wrote:May I also impart some wisdom concerning their kick return team? Just take a knee.
Absolutely. I can appreciate that we have some playmakers returning kicks, but take the free yardage instead of risking horrible starting field position.