Disgraceful humiliating, pathetic, deplorable, disgusting

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

There is no excuse whatsoever.

This was a debacle of epic proportions and in my opinion it retards EVERY SINGLE PIECE of positive momentum and program building elements that the Christensen era has seen going into its 4th season.

The entire team should be forced to take to a stadium microphone and apologize to each and every person who traveled from all points across the state to witness such a pathetic disaster.

What do we really have here?

This team has been so overrated by me and by so many other people...today's result win or lose was an abortion either way...I WOULD BE WRITING THESE COMMENTS EVEN IF THEY HAD FOUND A WAY TO WIN THIS GAME.

Here I was earlier in the week asking why we could not be the next Boise State?

The question in and of itself should have me transported to a mental facility someplace after this program disaster this afternoon.

238 RUSHING YARDS?

Somewhere right about now Marty English has a smile creasing his face.

4 plays into the game and it's 7-0?

This team is nothing more than Brett Smith and some decent wide receivers -- NOTHING MORE.

I am embarrassed by this team, the coaching staff, and hopefully they feel the same way about themselves.

Kory Jones spoke earlier this week about the potential to have a 'dominant defense?'

Maybe he should be committed before me?

I love Coach Christensen, however, his post game remarks need to be littered with stomach turning disgust.

The Dave Christensen era suffered a MAJOR LEAGUE setback today in Laramie.

Cancel the rest of the season...save us from further humiliation...and yourselves as well.
UfuknDub
Ranch Hand

I won't be giving any more time or money into the program until I see a major change. Won't be attending or watching any games this year. If the school doesn't invest time and money into the school then I no longer will either.

Signed,

A disgusted, embarrassed former Poke fan.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

I'll never leave the POKES - ever...however this skin crawling defeat will stick for a long time.

Contend for a MWC???

THEY ALLOWED HOW MANY YARDS RUSHING????

I'm literally sick to my stomach...the season is now a disaster and we haven't even been in a MWC game yet.

What say you Coach C?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

If things get worse (& THEY WILL), I just hope Burman gets off his ass and fires the entire staff and starts over.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Christensen has now gone from untouchable status just 3 weeks ago to people now calling for his head.

I cannot blame them.
gbpoke
Cowpoke

At the beginning of the season, looking at the schedule, I thought the Pokes at worst would be 2-1. Now after watching the last two games, looking at the schedule now, I can't pick out a single one the Pokes can win. There will be several like the last two where we will be in the game until the end but the defense will blow it. HELLO 0-12, Good-bye DC and staff.
Too bad, I really thought he was going to be a phenominal head coach, and I was concerned that after 2 or 3 seasons we would be looking for a new coach because he would've gotten picked off by a bigger program...damn was I ever wrong!
Vapoke
Cowpoke

It's the defensive coach. I don't blame DC, but more that a few coordinators have been fired already. I did set my Wyoming shirt on fire and now cooking s'mores with my nieces.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Too bad we didn't have a game vs CU this season. I think that's about the only team in the country we'd have a chance beating.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

I liked what I saw with Wick. Kid is a fighter and fights for every yard. Burns got a pick. And Gleeson did alright. That's about it in regards to positives. Over 150 yards rushing in Cal Poly's first 2 drives. Start of the second, defense cracked down on the option pretty well, but the offense was lack-a-dasial nearly the whole way through. 2 forward passes, one completed. The rest were screens.
gbpoke
Cowpoke

Vapoke wrote:It's the defensive coach. I don't blame DC, but more that a few coordinators have been fired already. I did set my Wyoming shirt on fire and now cooking s'mores with my nieces.
Who hired the defensive coach though? No matter what happens on the field it always has to come back to the guy in charge. He's in charge of the offense and today it didn't look to impressive either.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Only positive I can think of: At least the next coaching staff will have one hell of a QB to start the era off. At this point, just shut Brett down for the year. No more concussions. Come back healthy and ready to go in Bobby Petrino's offense.

:lol: :P :whistle: :orly:
23handicap
Buckaroo

Vapoke wrote:It's the defensive coach. I don't blame DC, but more that a few coordinators have been fired already. I did set my Wyoming shirt on fire and now cooking s'mores with my nieces.
It just not the defense. Although it is miserable. The Greg Brandon has plenty to blame too. Coaches are scratching their heads wondering why we can't run. Well here's my observation after 3 games on offense.
1st down, run the ball
2nd down, throw the ball

FYI Brandon...our opponents know exactly what we are going to do!!!!!
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

It will be interesting to see how this is explained. An apology by the team would be an appropriate start. The first three games have been fiascos and I don't see how the return of the QB is going to plug all the glaring holes on display.

Our first FCS loss (although, we dodged a few over the last couple of years)! Again, it will be interesting to see how this is explained.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

It can't be explained, You can not make an excuse for this type of a loss it's just not possible. First three games the defense was like 100% the same, After Toledo beat the living poop out of us you would think just maybe some defensive schemes would change. Hell not even a part of a change and we get EMBARRASSED at home by Cal Poly and the defense was like the same f-word defense no change!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The crazy thing is, I actually think the defense has gotten worse since last year. Didn't think that was possible.

Hate to say it, but I told you folks. When Tormey was at UH, the defense (specifically the secondary) dropped off big time despite returning key players. Nobody was sad when we left.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 1 time

Brett looked like such a Tool tonight on the sidelines.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:The crazy thing is, I actually think the defense has gotten worse since last year. Didn't think that was possible.

Hate to say it, but I told you folks. When Tormey was at UH, the defense (specifically the secondary) dropped off big time despite returning key players. Nobody was sad when we left.
Agreed. That said, English was not much better. We got TOs, but that was it.
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:It can't be explained, You can not make an excuse for this type of a loss it's just not possible. First three games the defense was like 100% the same, After Toledo beat the living poop out of us you would think just maybe some defensive schemes would change. Hell not even a part of a change and we get EMBARRASSED at home by Cal Poly and the defense was like the same f-word defense no change!!!!!
I hear you. I'm just interested in 'how' it will be explained.

I expect some spin but am hoping for some sincere contrition and humility.

I want to be negative but...c'mon...this is still the team we pull for. I tried giving up on them during the Koenig era...it didn't work.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

wyocowboy2014 wrote:Brett looked like such a Tool tonight on the sidelines.
Huh? Explain please.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

J-Rod wrote:The crazy thing is, I actually think the defense has gotten worse since last year. Didn't think that was possible.

Don't you mean "he left."?

Since I'm a legend on Sports Hawaii, I remember how bad Tormey was at UH. Hiring him was a BAD IDEA!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!