UCSB may tie the school record for best start ever.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

It's UCSB week, with a lot on the line.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Win, and the "special season" talk will become legitimate, as UW will enter uncharted territory.
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

I am just hoping that it doesn't go to the players heads. You see teams start playing not to lose as the pressure becomes too much. I hope we keep on rolling! SMU is going to be a really tough game
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

I don't think this team will let anything get to their heads, they looked rusty and flat(except Luke) but we're fine learning all the time and playing every style of ball there is out there b4 conference. If I didn't have this committment on Friday, I'd sure be wanting to be in Laramie friday night to send them off to break the right way!!!! Hopefully Laramie starts to believe as well!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

stymeman wrote:I don't think this team will let anything get to their heads, they looked rusty and flat(except Luke) but we're fine learning all the time and playing every style of ball there is out there b4 conference. If I didn't have this committment on Friday, I'd sure be wanting to be in Laramie friday night to send them off to break the right way!!!! Hopefully Laramie starts to believe as well!!!
Luke was on fire! Did he miss any 3s? And Nance was clutch at the Free Throw line as well.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I am buying the shyatt coaching style. I think he is expereinced enough and disciplined enough to keep these guys down to earth. I hope, anyway.

Exciting times to be a Poke bball fan.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

How did DU get so many points in the paint? Is this a weakness that DU discovered and that SMU is going to try to exploit?
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote:How did DU get so many points in the paint? Is this a weakness that DU discovered and that SMU is going to try to exploit?
du has been very effective in the paint all year from what i understand
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

wyosteelerfan wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote:How did DU get so many points in the paint? Is this a weakness that DU discovered and that SMU is going to try to exploit?
although Leonard had a few good blocks, he really wasn't himself last night....Larry had most of his points at the line, but they need to take the ball up instead of dribbling in the paint all the time...that's my observation
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

stymeman wrote:
wyosteelerfan wrote:
although Leonard had a few good blocks, he really wasn't himself last night....Larry had most of his points at the line, but they need to take the ball up instead of dribbling in the paint all the time...that's my observation
This is something last year that would have cost us a win, The Boss couldn't have a bad shooting night and allow us to still win just like last year if Luke had an off shooting night we lost games. However I think this year we will be much better off even when someone has an off night.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote:Win, and the "special season" talk will become legitimate, as UW will enter uncharted territory.
What uncharted territory is this you speak of?
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

best start ever counts as uncharted IMO
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

wyobrandon wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Win, and the "special season" talk will become legitimate, as UW will enter uncharted territory.
Pretty sure that best start in school history is just around the corner for this group of athletes! Go Pokes!!!!!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:
wyobrandon wrote:
Pretty sure that best start in school history is just around the corner for this group of athletes! Go Pokes!!!!!
didn't we go 12-0 in '50?
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

wyosteelerfan wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
wyobrandon wrote:
didn't we go 12-0 in '50?
Can't find anything on the schedule or results for the season in 1950 so I don't know can't confirm or deny.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

UCSB ties it if we beat them. SMU would give it to them solo.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.