When will we know the MWC schedule?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I wanna know when the 2013 football schedules will be posted...
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Rumor is sometime in May.....Seriously.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Rumor is sometime in May.....Seriously.
Fuuuuuuuck.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Rumor is sometime in May.....Seriously.
Fuuuuuuuck.
Sadly...I aint surprised.

Even more so....nothing ever does surprise me.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I figured that after the divisions were created they would have the schedule immediately.

What about the teams that have to play @Hawaii? They get another home game. It is gonna be hard for those teams to add another team in May.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

non conference has purdy much been taken care of already, it's figuring out conf and who plays where when how...??

Alls I know is Nebraska is set Aug. 31, and I'm planning on making that trek, sure hope we get a visitor allotment, otherwise it's gonna be tough
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

stymeman wrote:non conference has purdy much been taken care of already, it's figuring out conf and who plays where when how...??

Alls I know is Nebraska is set Aug. 31, and I'm planning on making that trek, sure hope we get a visitor allotment, otherwise it's gonna be tough

A friend and I are talkin about getting tickets pretty soon. That game would be sweet.

And I know the OOC schedule is taken care of, except for when teams go to Hawaii they get another home game.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

stymeman wrote:non conference has purdy much been taken care of already, it's figuring out conf and who plays where when how...??

http://gowyo.cstvauctions.com/auctiondi ... nnbr=70463" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
here's your chance at tickets
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

MWC released our opponents finally!

We get CSU at home again!!! YES!

Home: CSU, Fresno St., Hawaii, New Mexico
Road: AFA, Boise St., San Jose State, Utah State

Sweet! I just can't wait for the actual dates now.

Pokes better go 6-0 at home this season.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:MWC released our opponents finally!

That would be a hell of an improvement, considering the team wen 1-5 at home this past season. CSU, UH, and UNM are very beatable. Fresno will be very tough obviously......they could have beaten Wyoming by 80 points if they wanted to last year.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Also no Nevada, UNLV, or SDSU this year.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Me thinks that Fresno St. is gonna be coming to Laramie twice this year, once in the regular season, and once for the MWC Championship.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:Me thinks that Fresno St. is gonna be coming to Laramie twice this year, once in the regular season, and once for the MWC Championship.
:lol: And so it begins......That is lunacy.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:MWC released our opponents finally!

That would be a hell of an improvement, considering the team wen 1-5 at home this past season. CSU, UH, and UNM are very beatable. Fresno will be very tough obviously......they could have beaten Wyoming by 80 points if they wanted to last year.
Yeah they could have. 5-1 at the very worst.

We better beat Idaho, Northern Colorado, CSU, New Mexico, and Hawaii. Fresno will definitely be a challenge. 5-1 or 6-0

USU, and SJSU should be a lot more beatable after losing their head coaches, we gotta go at least 1-1 with those two. We better take it to air force, I think DC is going to want to kill them. Boise State, well unless we are having a GREAT season they are going to beat us in Boise. 2-2 between the 4 road teams in the conference. And with Nebraska and Texas St., we better go 1-1 there.

I feel like that isn't too homerish thinking 5-1 or 6-0 at home with 3-3 on the road.
8-4, or 9-3 next year.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

5-3 or 6-2 in MWC play and a 8-4 or 9-3 overall record. That seem realistic J-Rod?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:5-3 or 6-2 in MWC play and a 8-4 or 9-3 overall record. That seem realistic J-Rod?
Those seemed "realistic" last season Beaver....and then they lost to Cal Poly and almost got beat by Idaho. Only won 4 games, only one of those being by a large margin (CSU)....the other three went down to the wire. Who knows? My prediction is same as last years: anywhere from 4-8 wins. 4 wins if Smith can't stay healthy, 8 if everything goes right. It will probably be somewhere in the middle.....6-6 or so. That would be realistic IMO: 6-6.
Last edited by J-Rod on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Me thinks that Fresno St. is gonna be coming to Laramie twice this year, once in the regular season, and once for the MWC Championship.

Love it. I need Beaverpoke with his unbriddled optimism and J-ROD with his Debbie Downerism or the board doesn't feel right. It was strange a couple weeks ago to have Beav sounding negative about the program. Good to have you back.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

TSpoke wrote: Love it. I need Beaverpoke with his unbriddled optimism and J-ROD with his Debbie Downerism or the board doesn't feel right. It was strange a couple weeks ago to have Beav sounding negative about the program. Good to have you back.
Its all in good fun. :D That said, I was dubbed a "debbie downer" last off-season.....and then literally everything I said would happen in 2012, happened. Is that pessimistic? Or realistic? come on...you have to at least give me that. :P :popcorn:
Last edited by J-Rod on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

TSpoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:

Love it. I need Beaverpoke with his unbriddled optimism and J-ROD with his Debbie Downerism or the board doesn't feel right. It was strange a couple weeks ago to have Beav sounding negative about the program. Good to have you back.
Haha J-Rod isn't really negative, but more realistic. There are plenty more debbie downers out there, like Wyofishing lol and that bladrunner dude.

But I'm glad I can do my part. haha, and no I don't think we will be hosting the MWC Championship. I think Boise St. is.
But beating Boise and the winning the MWC will be a good way to get the fan base back behind coach DC
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:5-3 or 6-2 in MWC play and a 8-4 or 9-3 overall record. That seem realistic J-Rod?
Those seemed "realistic" last season Beaver....and then they lost to Cal Poly and almost got beat by Idaho. Only won 4 games, only one of those being by a large margin (CSU)....the other three went down to the wire. Who knows? My prediction is same as last years: anywhere from 4-8 wins. 4 wins if Smith can't stay healthy, 8 if everything goes right. It will probably be somewhere in the middle.....6-6 or so. That would be realistic IMO: 6-6.
How would we have done with Brett Smith healthy and finishing games? Two years removed from losing to only Boise (on the road) and TCU in conference. We have a lot of solid players returning, a full year of redshirts that will be able to play, 9 mid-year transfers who will go through spring drills, and a healthy Brett Smith. We are capable of having a very good year.