Poinsettia bowl thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

fishouttawater wrote:Brett Farve much? Don't ever want Josh to become captain check down, but that wasn't the time to be a hero. Find the checkdown or throw it away, man! Live to play another down. No time on the clock, he'll yes. Minute to go and in field goal range, probably not.
Yeah, I think that was almost as bad - why not tell him to take it easy? We could easily take time off the clock rather than leaving them with a minute and three timeouts.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

We win this thing in overtime. Hate how it ended but we made a game out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Disappointing loss, especially to "Boy You Ugly". Can't stand them and would have rather got hit on the nads than lose to them. That said - we have a lot to look forward to next year. I think most wouldn't have expected us to get to a bowl game at the beginning of the year.

307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
fishouttawater wrote:Brett Farve much? Don't ever want Josh to become captain check down, but that wasn't the time to be a hero. Find the checkdown or throw it away, man! Live to play another down. No time on the clock, he'll yes. Minute to go and in field goal range, probably not.
It's funny, because people here were criticizing Bohl early in the season for saying he was trying to reign Allen in. These are the exact situations why.
I don't think teams were ready for Allen the first half of the season....something changed about halfway through...he was still good but some of what wyo was doing just didn't work anymore.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Look who was wide open in the back corner of the endzone.
Watch the replay again. He looked open because the defender reacted to the pass, not because he was actually wide open. There was next to nothing on that play. Allen should have thrown it away.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

307bball wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
It's funny, because people here were criticizing Bohl early in the season for saying he was trying to reign Allen in. These are the exact situations why.
I don't think teams were ready for Allen the first half of the season....something changed about halfway through...he was still good but some of what wyo was doing just didn't work anymore.
I don't think throwing into a "crowd" of defenders will prolly ever work.

307bball
WyoNation Addict

DVDA wrote:
Watch the replay again. He looked open because the defender reacted to the pass, not because he was actually wide open. There was next to nothing on that play. Allen should have thrown it away.
yep throw....that .... away
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

307bball wrote:
DVDA wrote:
yep throw....that .... away
Or the 5 yard completion to Hill by the sideline. Nobody else could get that ball. Then again, he was locked in on his target the whole time.

So many things could've gone different. The punt fumble, the missed Interception (or if it was even just batted incomplete)...
Last edited by Asmodeanreborn on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

Uhhhhhh.....
f-word BYU.
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand

9/2/2017 can't get here soon enough.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Those mistakes!!
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Three plays: 1. The muffed punt. 2. The Richochet TD. 3. Josh's game ending interception.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Very aggravating that every bounce seemed to go there way

HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Just got back to my hotel - there is no sugar coating it, that was a clinic on how to give away a game. Not saying I'm not overall proud of the season, but gat damn that f-word sucked. Have got to get your poop correct for all possibilities. If they correct one of their 3-5 critical errors, that game is ours. f-word me!!!
Last edited by HiCountryCowboy on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

byu definitely had the Tom cruise magic going for them tonight. Maybe Scientology will have a university to join the mw in the next few years so we can beat up on a cult team again. f-word the Mormons of byu.
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

As painful as the interception was, if it weren't for Josh's earlier throws we wouldn't have been in a position to win anyway. You gotta "dance with the one that brought ya". He's young, he's a loose canon right now and he's a gunslinger in a Brett Favre-like persona.
So we take the good with the bad as it's very early in his career. He'll improve, and we'll (Wyoming fans) be reaping the rewards of his growth.
The potential of this program is off the charts. Thanks for signing the dotted line Craig. Basketball as well. Both programs now are mere placeholders for what should be the ascension and future success of revenue sports at UW. Cowgirls BB and VB too! Love living in Wyoming, in Laramie especially!
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

joshvanklomp wrote:In other news, ESPN would greatly avoid embarrassment if we had names on the backs of our jerseys...
F-ck ESPN.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

307bball wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
This just isn't true. If you look at our losses, we scored 52 in regulation against UNLV - that loss was squarely on the defense. The NM loss was mostly on the defense. The loss in the MWC championship game was freezing cold. I've never seen anyone throw very well in near 0 temp.. The fact is the O line struggled at times. Look at Brian Hill's production in some of those games. It wasn't great. Show me a team that's one dimensional and I'll show you a qb that throws more pics.

Some of you guys are incredible. I get that he made a few bad throws last night. And look at you all throw him under the bus. It's really disgusting. What a bunch of piss poor losers.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

You can't defend the last interception. He has to throw that away or run for yards and get out of bounds. We were practically in field goal range with 1 minute to go down three. Play for the next down get 10 yards down the field and at worst try for the tying field goal.

He had little to gain and everything to lose on that play.

He's young and I'm sure he will learn from this game but it was his worst throw on the season in the most critical moment of the game.

307bball
WyoNation Addict

bladerunnr wrote:
307bball wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
This just isn't true. If you look at our losses, we scored 52 in regulation against UNLV - that loss was squarely on the defense. The NM loss was mostly on the defense. The loss in the MWC championship game was freezing cold. I've never seen anyone throw very well in near 0 temp.. The fact is the O line struggled at times. Look at Brian Hill's production in some of those games. It wasn't great. Show me a team that's one dimensional and I'll show you a qb that throws more pics.

Some of you guys are incredible. I get that he made a few bad throws last night. And look at you all throw him under the bus. It's really disgusting. What a bunch of piss poor losers.
Who's throwing Allen under the bus? My comment, to clarify, was that Allen was an unknown to start the season and once it was established that he had a great arm teams adjusted...no more no less. The dude is a SOPHOMORE...he's not a fifth year senior...mistakes will be made.