Gardner-Webb at UW - It's gameday!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Our offense relies on having a balanced attack. We need to be able to run the ball, and we need to be able to run against top-notch teams to win our conference.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Well they need to give it to the back who has shown they can run instead of dance.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Great YAC there.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Our running really is beyond pathetic. We're not a contender for the division unless we make drastic improvements in that area.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Something is wrong with the run blocking. Pass blocking is fine but they are selling out on the run. Oregon will piss pound us unless they figure it out
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

I guess the gameplan is to not score in the 2nd half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Have to agree the fact we are having trouble running the ball and only have 24 points against this team is very concerning.

Don't think we have the playmakers we need on offense this year. Going to have to rely on our defense more this year.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
akfan
Buckaroo

Oregon over Nebraska at half 42-14
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I honestly don't care about the 24 points. What I'm a bit disappointed in is the run blocking. That's usually a staple of the Bohl offense. Need to be better.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Nice grab Josh!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Keep in mind, I bet in future games, they'll use Allen more in the run game. That will take some defensive attention away from the RBs and hopefully create some openings.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Man... I really can't tell if our RBs are slow and unathletic or if our run scheme is so boring and predictable that a crappy FCS team can snuff out our running attack... this running game is not boding well for next week or the season as a whole
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

I think one issue is that even when there's holes, our runningbacks wait two seconds too long before the hit it or make the cut. They stay going sideline to sideline for far too long to be successful.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Really frustrating showing in the second half... looked very average against a very "inferior" opponent....
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:39 pm Man... I really can't tell if our RBs are slow and unathletic or if our run scheme is so boring and predictable that a crappy FCS team can snuff out our running attack... this running game is not boding well for next week or the season as a whole
Well unless they completely changed the scheme from last year I would say its most likely the players. Brian Hill and Wick ran the ball decent most games with this same scheme. So that would be my guess but who knows.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Well we won so that is good news.

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

First shutout since Border War 2010.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I would have to call the offense putrid the second half.....Vigen better pull a rabbit out of his ass or they will be lucky to score 10 points against Oregon. It's hard to say how much the passing game has improved since the Iowa game (especially playing a really bad FCS team), but the total lack of a running game against a glorified high school team is pretty troubling.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

CowboyNV wrote:I would have to call the offense putrid the second half.....Vigen better pull a rabbit out of his ass or they will be lucky to score 10 points against Oregon. It's hard to say how much the passing game has improved since the Iowa game (especially playing a really bad FCS team), but the total lack of a running game against a glorified high school team is pretty troubling.
Now now, if you criticize Vigen you're a "hater". Someday we'll have a real OC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roozy
Ranch Hand

24 points in the first half.... Obviously, we had the ability to paste 48 points on this team. So the question is what happened in the 2nd half? Did our guys let down? Did Gardner Webb get tough? Or did we change our offensive plan? If we changed our offensive plan, why? Was it bad coaching or intentional coaching to take a different look at our offense. If none of us know the answer to these questions, we are just pissing in the wind with our ignorant comments.

We are now 1-1 and have a very tough Oregon team coming to Laramie next Saturday.

Go Pokes!!!1
Jesus First, then football