Craig Bohl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Is the highest paid MWC coach according to the USA Today 2018-19 ranking and report.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Currently slightly overpaid at 67th where power rankings have Pokes at 74. Maybe this will change for the better.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

That's mainly because he received a $625K bonus in March for staying employed through March 2019. If you take that away, he makes just over $1.5 which would put him 5th in the conference.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 253 times

I noticed that the AAC pays way better than the MWC on average.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 17 times

I believe we are going to shatter the attendance record this year. That means he is earning his money in my opinion.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

I believe he got a bonus for beating a SEC team (Missouri).That
was a bunch...100,000 or 200,000 for one game.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Worth every penny of it. Need to keep him around for a while.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 253 times

I guess he got a one time 650k retention bonus this year. So next year he’ll be like the fourth or fifth highest paid coach in the MWC
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 133 times

Glad to have Bohl. He's built a good culture and solid platform. We are a passing game away from challenging boise.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

It is working out, finally despite some rough years in the beginning, I'm liking what I'm seeing
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Barring QBs regressing as passers under Vigen, I too am liking the direction the program is taking. Our lines finally look good on both sides, we have quite the stable of RBs, our defense (despite taking a step back in the passing area this year) is really good...

Yeah.
coantag_creek_poke
Buckaroo

Bohl is worth every penny. He has built a fantastic culture and a consistently competitive program. I remember in his 2nd year at Wyoming we went 2-10. During our W that year against UNLV that year I remember thinking you can see where this program is going.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

I was really in the Tedford camp when Bohl was hired. I will gladly admit I was wrong after watching Fresno tonight.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

nashvillepoke wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:02 pm I was really in the Tedford camp when Bohl was hired. I will gladly admit I was wrong after watching Fresno tonight.
We're steady as she goes, but they have won a conference title that we haven't
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

aranderson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:29 am
nashvillepoke wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:02 pm I was really in the Tedford camp when Bohl was hired. I will gladly admit I was wrong after watching Fresno tonight.
I assume Tedford inherited a better situation than Bohl, but midway through his third season he already has 25 wins, two MWC West titles, a MWC Championship, and two bowl wins.

Bohl won his 25th game during his 5th season. First Bowl win in year four, a tie for a Mountain title in year three, and no Conference Championships.

The program is definitely headed in the right direction though. Hopefully the Pokes garner a Conference Championship soon. In 2016 the Pokes beat SDSU in the regular season, but lost to them in the title game. This year we lost to them in the regular season and will get sweet revenge in the title game. 🤞
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

TrackPoke wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:14 am
aranderson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:29 am
I assume Tedford inherited a better situation than Bohl, but midway through his third season he already has 25 wins, two MWC West titles, a MWC Championship, and two bowl wins.

Bohl won his 25th game during his 5th season. First Bowl win in year four, a tie for a Mountain title in year three, and no Conference Championships.

The program is definitely headed in the right direction though. Hopefully the Pokes garner a Conference Championship soon. In 2016 the Pokes beat SDSU in the regular season, but lost to them in the title game. This year we lost to them in the regular season and will get sweet revenge in the title game. 🤞
I get that Tedford has the hardware that Bohl hasn't produced yet, but the two programs appear to be heading in opposite directions. We seem to be getting to a point where our depth is a strength. I can't think of a time in our history where the loss of a couple people to injury didnt derail an entire season. The line play has been outstanding and we seem to be able to out physical just about everyone we line up against. I think Bohl has the program built for long term success, where Tedford doesn't appear to have the same luxury. Now if we could just get Vigen to think outside the four play box on occasion we might have something.