BYU Cougar Fan here.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

Well said, djm
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Was at the game in Provokistan 8 years ago and the fans were NOT angels by any stretch...I will never make it a point to ever go to a game there ever again......and LES is a dump to boot
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

Damn tempted to drive down to Provo this weekend. I forgot how much I hate the cougars.

I need to fill something up. I think its a piss balloon. I need a way to put it on a heater. Need to warm up the piss. I want to splash it all over them.

Starting now, all urine and such get's saved. Let the beer drinking begin. See you at the strip club.

See you in Provo.
BigMcLargeHuge
Buckaroo

It's been a couple days since I made this post. After reading the comments it's sad that after I extend the olive branch, the same vitriol Cougar fans are accused of is mirrored by many on this fanboard.

BYU fans are not perfect. Many are idiots. Some are really great people (on and off the field).

I'll work to become the fan you wouldn't mind sitting by at a game. However, I think a lot of people on here should try to do the same.

I know I'm the least among you and have very little right to say any of this, but hate breeds hate and there's a lot of it here.

Again, if you are going to Provo this weekend, safe travels and I hope you have a great experience.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 249 times

BigMcLargeHuge wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:45 am It's been a couple days since I made this post. After reading the comments it's sad that after I extend the olive branch, the same vitriol Cougar fans are accused of is mirrored by many on this fanboard.

BYU fans are not perfect. Many are idiots. Some are really great people (on and off the field).

I'll work to become the fan you wouldn't mind sitting by at a game. However, I think a lot of people on here should try to do the same.

I know I'm the least among you and have very little right to say any of this, but hate breeds hate and there's a lot of it here.

Again, if you are going to Provo this weekend, safe travels and I hope you have a great experience.
Good luck in the future. Hope byu loses every game. My condolences to the big 12.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 134 times

BigMcLargeHuge wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:45 am It's been a couple days since I made this post. After reading the comments it's sad that after I extend the olive branch, the same vitriol Cougar fans are accused of is mirrored by many on this fanboard.

If you truly want to help, join us in a campaign to make this the last game ever played between WYO and byu in any sport or contest. Contact your administration. We'll continue to do the same.

I've changed my mind. I don't want byu back in our stadium. No buyout. Nothing. Just cease all future activities (scheduled or otherwise).
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

https://kslsports.com/category/podcast_ ... 6+Scotty+G.

Maybe the douchiest thing I've ever heard. No idea who they are, but they are just telling tall tales and lies. No wonder everyone on earth hates BYU. Look at the people associated with their program. BYU athletics has got to be an embarrassment to the LDS church. These two truly disgusting asswipes can go straight to hell. Oh, and every "male" at BYU wears their sister's jeans and looks like a chick. It's a wonder how there's any natural reproduction down there when they all think they're females.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 62 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:04 am https://kslsports.com/category/podcast_ ... 6+Scotty+G.

Maybe the douchiest thing I've ever heard. No idea who they are, but they are just telling tall tales and lies. No wonder everyone on earth hates BYU. Look at the people associated with their program. BYU athletics has got to be an embarrassment to the LDS church. These two truly disgusting asswipes can go straight to hell. Oh, and every "male" at BYU wears their sister's jeans and looks like a chick. It's a wonder how there's any natural reproduction down there when they all think they're females.
Ha...whoever that dude is...he definitely hates Wyoming.

What is the jeans comment about? is there a Mormon thing about jeans I'm unaware of?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:42 am What is the jeans comment about? is there a Mormon thing about jeans I'm unaware of?
With all due respect 307, please quit linking byu animosity with animosity to LDS.

He specifically said byu, not Mormons.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 62 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:52 am
307bball wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:42 am What is the jeans comment about? is there a Mormon thing about jeans I'm unaware of?
With all due respect 307, please quit linking byu animosity with animosity to LDS.

Ok...Is there a BYU thing about jeans I'm unaware of?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

307bball wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:00 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:52 am

Ok...Is there a BYU thing about jeans I'm unaware of?
Just a bunch of super femme guys down there that are into weird stuff. ‘Guys’ down there are like a weird half steep between male and female.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 334 times
Been liked: 138 times

I think you need to figure out if The church is going to be an athletics program or church, because your fans have forgot you are a religious organization with their vitriol. There are rabid and over the top Poke fans, but we have no claim to be involved in a religious mission.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:39 pm

I think you need to figure out if The church is going to be an athletics program or church, because your fans have forgot you are a religious organization with their vitriol. There are rabid and over the top Poke fans, but we have no claim to be involved in a religious mission.
This is why there are a substantial number of LDS people who believe that BYU sports should be ablolished.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:34 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:39 pm

This is why there are a substantial number of LDS people who believe that BYU sports should be ablolished.
BYU did get rid of athletics at one of their campuses...BYU-Hawaii after the 2016-17 school year. I believe the athletics programs at BYU-Idaho also got canned as well but I could be wrong..
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

djm19 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:18 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:24 pm
djm19 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:06 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:22 pm Wow, these folks are sure saintly aren’t they.

Just wow, drips of arrogance. Not much humbleness in the LDS church I guess.

One poster sees no issue with their racism directed at the 14 Black players. I guess it’s, anything goes when it comes to BYU athletics and forget they’re a religious school.

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/messa ... d=29369041
As a member of the same church, it is embarrassing and I apologize. Truly. Not all of us are like them. The arrogance just permeates from that area. When two dorky kids in white shirts and ties knock on your door someday, just remember that at least one of the two doesn't have a tie to Provo or BYU. Offer them a drink and move on. Don't take your frustration out on them ;)

These fans on Sewageboard are the same people who scream injustice when attacked by Oregon fans, but are openly posting homophobic comments days later. Just real peaches making the world a better place.
DJM I have a lot of respect for you - even though I haven’t met you. Only seeing your posts on the board. I have a lot of LDS friends and certainly don’t judge the whole based on what I’ve read from a few arrogant posters on the CB. The majority I know are good people.
Thanks man. I am not trying to gain respect by any means. Pretty simple really 1) Not all members of the church are tools and 2) not all all Wyo fans are tools. This game is tough for me. I had no intentions of going to the game (although it is not a long drive to Provo). The primary reason is because I bought some UW gear for my young daughter and she wants to wear it to a game. :)

Here is my biggest issue I have with many BYU fans. They represent "me" because I go to their same church. When I went to the Poinsettia Bowl, there were five of us. Every person, a member of "their" church, including several of the group being Bishops of a local church areas, including from Utah. When we walked up to the Mormon Battalion Historical site, a group of people began yelling at the top of the stairs, "Cowboy fans 12 o clock!" Hundreds of people looked our way. As we got to the top of the stairs, a group of guys stepped in front of us (made a wall) and said, "Cowboy fans aren't welcome in here." Talk about missionary work? I am so glad they didn't yell that to McPeachy or he would have decked them :lol: (and rightfully so). I asked the large group where they were from and they said American Fork. But the good....immediately after that, another group of fans from San Diego approached us and stood up to the fools from Utah County. They apologized and offered to give us a tour. I told them we were members and weren't surprised by the reception we got. During the tour, multiple people approached us and apologized.

An hour later we went to a restaurant. We were sitting at an outside table. We were LITERALLY eating talking to each other and a group of grown men leaned over the half wall and started yelling and clapping as loud as they could like two feet from our faces, "RISE AND SHOUT THE COUGARS ARE OUT!!!" And they didn't stop. I was embarrassed for them. I did say back, "Stop embarrassing the church." And they told me to "go home to our wool girlfriends." One of the guys had a Utah high school hat on, so I knew where he likely was from.

Five hours later we were at a restaurant eating dinner before the game started. Our group was in a booth. An older couple walked past and noticed we had Cowboy gear on. The old lady walked past, stopped and walked back towards us, unzipped her jacket and pointed to the Y on her shirt. She then poked me in the chest (she literally touched me) and said, "Good luck tonight, you will need it!" and walked off. Almost unbelievable at this point. I was ashamed for them.

Hours later at the game, there was a BYU couple that made their way to the field area. With no one really watching, he knelt down and proposed. After it was over, they were making their way up the aisle and I stopped them. His only response was "What do YOU need???!" I simply told him that I was able to capture the moment and wanted to send him the pictures. He didn't know what to say back because he was so rude at first.

Then during the game, the Pokes had 2-3 players who served church missions on the team. I heard right from one of them a week later that multiple UW players came up to them following the game and said" I can't believe you go to the same church as some of those guys from BYU" and that "you don't talk or act like that." So, who is doing missionary work at this point? BYU players or Wyoming players? That same Cowboy player also told me that things were heated during the game and he joked around to several BYU players "chill out guys, I am kind of one of you" in jest. Their response instead of being all cool was..."Wait, so you couldn't get into BYU then?"

This is just a few of many, many stories that happens. I live in Utah now for work. It is a great family culture to raise a family. But I would give anything to "go back home" someday. My Utah wife would gladly move to Wyoming. And my kids would leave it all to go to the "incest, trailer trash, hillbilly, wool-loving, nothing good" state of Wyoming. Wyoming is filled with amazing people who, regardless of religion, would stop to help change a tire, take you into their home, or show up to help a neighbor no matter what. Of course, both fanbases have idiots, and the majority have good people. I am just over the holier-than-thou attitude from Provo. I am so tired of it. I wish the church would kill sports, because of the damage it does. Whenever I see "BYU" or "Mormon" trending on Twitter, I think Oh great, what did BYU do now? And, by the way, there are FAR MORE Utah plates in Wyoming that I see when I go home than Wyoming plates in Provo. If it is so bad, stay away.

I have actually had some very spirited conversations regarding religion even on this forum as well. I think it is great that we can fight, argue, disagree, but at the end of the day, I have a great love for Cowboy fans and I enjoy the friendships. And I move on now.

It will be a tall task for the Pokes to win Saturday; BYU getting destroyed by Oregon will mean they are looking to take it out on someone. From what I am hearing from the players in Laramie, the Pokes are jacked for this game. They know they are playing with house money Saturday, and this would be one of the biggest upsets in program history. The players know it, and Bohl knows it. Pray that we don't leave with some cheap injuries leading into conf play that matters.
I was just on the Cougar Board. This post directly above was pasted there. The BYU fans are all denying this could have happened, mocking the whole post. The guy who started this post was on there basically saying he tried and justifying their mockery. Fake fake fake…… so artificial
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Nm
Last edited by ragtimejoe1 on Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:35 pm
djm19 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:18 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:24 pm
djm19 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:06 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:22 pm Wow, these folks are sure saintly aren’t they.

Just wow, drips of arrogance. Not much humbleness in the LDS church I guess.

One poster sees no issue with their racism directed at the 14 Black players. I guess it’s, anything goes when it comes to BYU athletics and forget they’re a religious school.

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/messa ... d=29369041
As a member of the same church, it is embarrassing and I apologize. Truly. Not all of us are like them. The arrogance just permeates from that area. When two dorky kids in white shirts and ties knock on your door someday, just remember that at least one of the two doesn't have a tie to Provo or BYU. Offer them a drink and move on. Don't take your frustration out on them ;)

These fans on Sewageboard are the same people who scream injustice when attacked by Oregon fans, but are openly posting homophobic comments days later. Just real peaches making the world a better place.
DJM I have a lot of respect for you - even though I haven’t met you. Only seeing your posts on the board. I have a lot of LDS friends and certainly don’t judge the whole based on what I’ve read from a few arrogant posters on the CB. The majority I know are good people.
Thanks man. I am not trying to gain respect by any means. Pretty simple really 1) Not all members of the church are tools and 2) not all all Wyo fans are tools. This game is tough for me. I had no intentions of going to the game (although it is not a long drive to Provo). The primary reason is because I bought some UW gear for my young daughter and she wants to wear it to a game. :)

Here is my biggest issue I have with many BYU fans. They represent "me" because I go to their same church. When I went to the Poinsettia Bowl, there were five of us. Every person, a member of "their" church, including several of the group being Bishops of a local church areas, including from Utah. When we walked up to the Mormon Battalion Historical site, a group of people began yelling at the top of the stairs, "Cowboy fans 12 o clock!" Hundreds of people looked our way. As we got to the top of the stairs, a group of guys stepped in front of us (made a wall) and said, "Cowboy fans aren't welcome in here." Talk about missionary work? I am so glad they didn't yell that to McPeachy or he would have decked them :lol: (and rightfully so). I asked the large group where they were from and they said American Fork. But the good....immediately after that, another group of fans from San Diego approached us and stood up to the fools from Utah County. They apologized and offered to give us a tour. I told them we were members and weren't surprised by the reception we got. During the tour, multiple people approached us and apologized.

An hour later we went to a restaurant. We were sitting at an outside table. We were LITERALLY eating talking to each other and a group of grown men leaned over the half wall and started yelling and clapping as loud as they could like two feet from our faces, "RISE AND SHOUT THE COUGARS ARE OUT!!!" And they didn't stop. I was embarrassed for them. I did say back, "Stop embarrassing the church." And they told me to "go home to our wool girlfriends." One of the guys had a Utah high school hat on, so I knew where he likely was from.

Five hours later we were at a restaurant eating dinner before the game started. Our group was in a booth. An older couple walked past and noticed we had Cowboy gear on. The old lady walked past, stopped and walked back towards us, unzipped her jacket and pointed to the Y on her shirt. She then poked me in the chest (she literally touched me) and said, "Good luck tonight, you will need it!" and walked off. Almost unbelievable at this point. I was ashamed for them.

Hours later at the game, there was a BYU couple that made their way to the field area. With no one really watching, he knelt down and proposed. After it was over, they were making their way up the aisle and I stopped them. His only response was "What do YOU need???!" I simply told him that I was able to capture the moment and wanted to send him the pictures. He didn't know what to say back because he was so rude at first.

Then during the game, the Pokes had 2-3 players who served church missions on the team. I heard right from one of them a week later that multiple UW players came up to them following the game and said" I can't believe you go to the same church as some of those guys from BYU" and that "you don't talk or act like that." So, who is doing missionary work at this point? BYU players or Wyoming players? That same Cowboy player also told me that things were heated during the game and he joked around to several BYU players "chill out guys, I am kind of one of you" in jest. Their response instead of being all cool was..."Wait, so you couldn't get into BYU then?"

This is just a few of many, many stories that happens. I live in Utah now for work. It is a great family culture to raise a family. But I would give anything to "go back home" someday. My Utah wife would gladly move to Wyoming. And my kids would leave it all to go to the "incest, trailer trash, hillbilly, wool-loving, nothing good" state of Wyoming. Wyoming is filled with amazing people who, regardless of religion, would stop to help change a tire, take you into their home, or show up to help a neighbor no matter what. Of course, both fanbases have idiots, and the majority have good people. I am just over the holier-than-thou attitude from Provo. I am so tired of it. I wish the church would kill sports, because of the damage it does. Whenever I see "BYU" or "Mormon" trending on Twitter, I think Oh great, what did BYU do now? And, by the way, there are FAR MORE Utah plates in Wyoming that I see when I go home than Wyoming plates in Provo. If it is so bad, stay away.

I have actually had some very spirited conversations regarding religion even on this forum as well. I think it is great that we can fight, argue, disagree, but at the end of the day, I have a great love for Cowboy fans and I enjoy the friendships. And I move on now.

It will be a tall task for the Pokes to win Saturday; BYU getting destroyed by Oregon will mean they are looking to take it out on someone. From what I am hearing from the players in Laramie, the Pokes are jacked for this game. They know they are playing with house money Saturday, and this would be one of the biggest upsets in program history. The players know it, and Bohl knows it. Pray that we don't leave with some cheap injuries leading into conf play that matters.
I was just on the Cougar Board. This post directly above was pasted there. The BYU fans are all denying this could have happened, mocking the whole post. The guy who started this post was on there basically saying he tried and justifying their mockery. Fake fake fake…… so artificial
Let them mock. As God is my witness, it all happened. I am not worried about my salvation; I am honest in my dealings with my fellowman. They can have their laugh. There were five witnesses (of all people, they should know the importance of "witnesses") that would all tell the same story I did.

Oh, and I almost forgot, also in San Diego someone threw a sandal at me and nailed me in the head. It was a great throw. They claimed it an accident, but I tossed it back anyway and bet they couldn't do it again.

The fact they are claiming this never happened is great. Like I would take the time to make this crap up? They really think I am doing this for approval from many Wyoming fans who dislike the church already? That makes total sense? They are doing a bang-up job of missionary work on behalf of a church.

California members of the church...fantastic. They were welcoming and nice.
Last edited by djm19 on Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I will take it one step further:

1) Took place at the stairs of the Mormon Battalion Visitor's Center; the senior missionaries from Idaho Falls, ID pounced on us immediately after the barrage of mockery from fans and thanked us for being there
2) The restaurant was Casa de Reyes at Old Town
3) The lady with the finger in my chest took place at Islands in Mission Valley
4) I have the pictures of the couple still; I am happy to blur the pictures and post
5) I know who the BYU player was and who he said it to. I will leave out names. The first comment I heard about the language coming from the BYU defensive lineman, I heard it right from a Wyo player's mouth after the game as we were talking outside the locker room

Lastly, like I said, these guys talking have never even played football. Just jawing. I have my sources too...including in Provo. Sources they don't have. I had multiple family members play in both places. They really are the salt of the earth and the light on the hill.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

djm19 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:38 am I will take it one step further:

1) Took place at the stairs of the Mormon Battalion Visitor's Center; the senior missionaries from Idaho Falls, ID pounced on us immediately after the barrage of mockery from fans and thanked us for being there
2) The restaurant was Casa de Reyes at Old Town
3) The lady with the finger in my chest took place at Islands in Mission Valley
4) I have the pictures of the couple still; I am happy to blur the pictures and post
5) I know who the BYU player was and who he said it to. I will leave out names. The first comment I heard about the language coming from the BYU defensive lineman, I heard it right from a Wyo player's mouth after the game as we were talking outside the locker room

Lastly, like I said, these guys talking have never even played football. Just jawing. I have my sources too...including in Provo. Sources they don't have. I had multiple family members play in both places. They really are the salt of the earth and the light on the hill.
I have no doubt everything you stated is 💯 accurate, and it’s very very sad that BYU fans don’t see that their vitriol is good reason for some personal evaluation, and maybe reason for change. They are poisoning the image of the church IMO. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t see this same stuff coming from Notre Dame.