Linder leaving

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 126 times

Hotkarl wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:48 am Bring back Mac
Not Buckymac the Ratboy...say it isn't so, lol!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 68 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm
2 words I never need to need to hear, "and again"
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

flyfishwyo wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:45 am
McPeachy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:10 am

That list, sucks. That is the best WYO can do, my how we have fallen. I am extremely concerned...
Who would you try to hire?
Good question, if it were my job to be AD, I would always have a working list in my pocket every day, of major sports coaches that would fit at Wyoming, and some that were completely outside the box thinking. One thing for certain, UW does need a players coach to survive, as we have learned we cannot just rely on $$$ like all others in the upper half of our conference (let alone country).

That said, after a quick search on the google, and some thought of who all would fit & work, I would kick the tires on the below, at the very minimum:

Joe Pasternack, Santa Barbara
Bart Lundy, Milwaukee
Bob Richey, Furman
Bucky McMillan, Samford
Robert Jones, Norfolk State
Mike Morrell, UNC Asheville
Eric Henderson, South Dakota State
Matt Langel, Colgate
Todd Simon, Bowling Green
Will Wade, McNeese State
Dan Monson, EWU
Chris Victor, Seattle
Speedy Claxton, Hofstra
Drew Valentine, Loyola Chicago
Stan Johnson, Loyola Marymount
Last edited by McPeachy on Fri May 10, 2024 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:32 pm

2 words I never need to need to hear, "and again"
Right up there with "at the end of the day" and "deep dive"
Dear Karma,

Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 138 times

TheRealUW wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:46 am What about Eric Henderson at South Dakota State?

He has been outstanding there. In his five seasons there, he has won the conference four times and finished 2nd in the lone season they didn't win it. He has guided the team to the NCAA Tournament twice. It looks like he received an extension in 2021 that aims to keep him in Brookings for 2 more seasons - no idea what a buyout looks like or if UW would be able to afford it.
I could support this hire.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 80 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:46 pm
TheRealUW wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:46 am What about Eric Henderson at South Dakota State?

He has been outstanding there. In his five seasons there, he has won the conference four times and finished 2nd in the lone season they didn't win it. He has guided the team to the NCAA Tournament twice. It looks like he received an extension in 2021 that aims to keep him in Brookings for 2 more seasons - no idea what a buyout looks like or if UW would be able to afford it.
I could support this hire.
I agree. Certainly don't think they have any level of resources in Brookings that doesn't exist in Laramie.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 243 times

Hotkarl
Buckaroo
Been liked: 5 times

Same mormon fagboys riding schroyers d when he came to town. Yall dont know nothing
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Wicks, Haslem or Luster....let's try a Wyoming native or an Alumni, why not it couldn't hurt or be any worse than where we're at not....do this smartly Burman(for a change) and NO on the retread for McClain...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Hotkarl wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:43 pm

Same mormon fagboys riding schroyers d when he came to town. Yall dont know nothing
What? Eh, most were certainly fans of Ratboy over Schroyer - but come on man, don't use a broad brush, that is weaktit bullshit.
Dear Karma,

Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 138 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:34 pm
He’s a friggin child. Glad he’ll be gone soon.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 87 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:05 pm
doreno5 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:53 am This is bad. Linder was touted as some sort of coaching savant when hired and granted an extension. His leaving and taking a step down leads me to believe he saw the writing on the wall and wanted out. Burman knows that his own job would be in doubt if there was another poor season. With new coaches in key spots Burman buys himself some time as well.
I hope that Burman had someone lined up before agreeing to let Linder go. I am assuming it was without Linder or TT having to pay the buyout.
If they don’t hold Linder to his buyout clause Burmans a bigger idiot than I imagined. Linders timing of this couldn’t be worse for the program. No one would convince me he hasn’t thought about this for a while. The timing is a big FU to everyone involved. If situations were reversed and he was fired he wouldn’t let them off the hook. He needs to pay!
My dream scenario is that Burman told Linder he would not hold him to the buyout if he found another job but that UW was going to fire him as soon as they could if he stayed. Basically you can stay but you won't get another extension no matter what. I also wonder if Linder losing his dad has had a very serious effect on him to the point where he just did not feel he had it in him to continue as a head coach.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

doreno5 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:27 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:05 pm

If they don’t hold Linder to his buyout clause Burmans a bigger idiot than I imagined. Linders timing of this couldn’t be worse for the program. No one would convince me he hasn’t thought about this for a while. The timing is a big FU to everyone involved. If situations were reversed and he was fired he wouldn’t let them off the hook. He needs to pay!
My dream scenario is that Burman told Linder he would not hold him to the buyout if he found another job but that UW was going to fire him as soon as they could if he stayed. Basically you can stay but you won't get another extension no matter what. I also wonder if Linder losing his dad has had a very serious effect on him to the point where he just did not feel he had it in him to continue as a head coach.
Ad much as I’m glad Linder is gone - If that happened then Burman needs fired ASAP. That would be appropriate in March but not in May after a bunch of new transfers sign on to to the program with the expectation that Linder and his philosophy would be the coach. Zero integrity with that.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:03 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:34 pm
He’s a friggin child. Glad he’ll be gone soon.
Re-tweeting a post a few days ago when Yuto says he is 100% committed while undoubtedly negotiating with Texas Tech appears to speak directly to his philosophy on commitment and character.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Hard to argue with this from Ethan Anderson’s mom.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 253 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:33 pm Hard to argue with this from Ethan Anderson’s mom.

Yeah maybe some of us need to do some apologizing for how we painted the California Three
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:58 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:33 pm Hard to argue with this from Ethan Anderson’s mom.

Yeah maybe some of us need to do some apologizing for how we painted the California Three
I still don’t support quitting mid-season under any circumstance. That’s not quitting on a coach, that’s quitting on teammates who rely on you. Something I can never support.

That said - it does not appear that their reasons for leaving were contrived. Ms. Anderson appears to be a voice of reason.
EscondidoPoke
Buckaroo

Still curious as to why almost 2 days later no official announcement has been made??? :eek: :eek: :eek:
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

EscondidoPoke wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:11 pm Still curious as to why almost 2 days later no official announcement has been made??? :eek: :eek: :eek:
I’d guess that Tech and Wyoming are negotiating the buyout terms??
wyo 1
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 4 times

I remember her, she’s the one that went on Twitter trying to say the reason her son left, is because the local police department told them to leave because they had received death threats. I’m calling poop on that one Mrs.Anderson.

https://x.com/athletwhisperer/status/16 ... WLjrOVVklw