I am officially done

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 91 times

I sat in a freezing, driving rain for that? Really DC? Really? No half-time adjustments - except for on AFA's side of the ball. No ability to tackle on 3rd down. We are cramming the ball down their throat and go to crap play calls on the last three downs of our last drive. We let them run out the clock, when we could have let them score with 3:00 minutes or so on the clock and at least had a freegin' chance at the tie and OT. I give up. Seeing my five year old with his head down walking back to the car was just too much...for the 3rd time this year. This has to be some form of child abuse...making your kid a Poke fan. It has taken every ounce of restraint not to shred the rest of my season tickets. Probably should reconsider the restraint though, because, Dave, I won't be at Boise State - not because I can't, but because I won't. I might come to the CSU game - but might not. I don't think I will try to make any other games. There have to be better things to do than get absolutely frustrated and mad on my Saturdays. As for next year, I think I can find something else to do with the two plus grand I spend on tickets, CJC, gas, food and gear. Probably for the best anyway, as I should be saving that money anyway, since the economy is in the toilet.

After Vic Koenning, Joe Glenn and countless disappointments and heart wrenching losses, it took Dave Christensen to bring me to apathy's door. I used to care. I just don't any more. It's just like taking a knee to head to overtime, which I learned from good ol' Dave. The good news for me is that his coaching doesn't cost me more than a million bucks. What a joke.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Let's be honest, DC's in it for the paycheck.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

That's why I gave up my season tickets. Too much money and too long of a drive to see them get their teeth kicked in constantly.
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

You NAILED it LawPoke! What a joke, and I'm referring to Christensen, though the joke is really on us as he laughs all the way to the bank. The guy is an empty suit. AF, with a real HC, adjusted at the half and owned the coach-less Cowboys in the second half. But hey, Christensen whined and screamed after the game and tried to deflect his failings! Should we be proud? LOL
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

CowboyFan wrote:You NAILED it LawPoke! What a joke, and I'm referring to Christensen, though the joke is really on us as he laughs all the way to the bank. The guy is an empty suit. AF, with a real HC, adjusted at the half and owned the coach-less Cowboys in the second half. But hey, Christensen whined and screamed after the game and tried to deflect his failings! Should we be proud? LOL
Hey, could you be a little more specific about that? Christensen I mean...the whining & screaming...he did?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

DocHolliday wrote:
CowboyFan wrote:You NAILED it LawPoke! What a joke, and I'm referring to Christensen, though the joke is really on us as he laughs all the way to the bank. The guy is an empty suit. AF, with a real HC, adjusted at the half and owned the coach-less Cowboys in the second half. But hey, Christensen whined and screamed after the game and tried to deflect his failings! Should we be proud? LOL
Hey, could you be a little more specific about that? Christensen I mean...the whining & screaming...he did?
ImageImageImageImage
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

LawPoke wrote:I sat in a freezing, driving rain for that? Really DC? Really? No half-time adjustments - except for on AFA's side of the ball. No ability to tackle on 3rd down. We are cramming the ball down their throat and go to crap play calls on the last three downs of our last drive. We let them run out the clock, when we could have let them score with 3:00 minutes or so on the clock and at least had a freegin' chance at the tie and OT. I give up. Seeing my five year old with his head down walking back to the car was just too much...for the 3rd time this year. This has to be some form of child abuse...making your kid a Poke fan. It has taken every ounce of restraint not to shred the rest of my season tickets. Probably should reconsider the restraint though, because, Dave, I won't be at Boise State - not because I can't, but because I won't. I might come to the CSU game - but might not. I don't think I will try to make any other games. There have to be better things to do than get absolutely frustrated and mad on my Saturdays. As for next year, I think I can find something else to do with the two plus grand I spend on tickets, CJC, gas, food and gear. Probably for the best anyway, as I should be saving that money anyway, since the economy is in the toilet.

After Vic Koenning, Joe Glenn and countless disappointments and heart wrenching losses, it took Dave Christensen to bring me to apathy's door. I used to care. I just don't any more. It's just like taking a knee to head to overtime, which I learned from good ol' Dave. The good news for me is that his coaching doesn't cost me more than a million bucks. What a joke.
The visual of this seriously made me sad. I would like to say it gets better for the little Poke, but it won't. This is Wyoming football guys. I have been leaving the stands disappointed for decades.

Four losses of a combined total of 13 points.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Oh wow...I was walking across the field hand in hand with my little guy toward the parking lot the moment this photo was shot...what was the deal?
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

He whined in the post game interview that AF faked the qb injury to buy time, after screaming like a junior high school girl at the AF coach on the field after the game. Cowboy tough huh? lol He went on about integrity, what he teaches his kids, blah, blah, blah, but for some reason he failed to explain why he told Thompson last 'Sunday' that he would start but told the press on 'Monday' that Brett would start and how that differed from Calhoun's alleged 'crime'! lol Deception? Naw, couldn't be. LOL The guy is a poser. Big, bad, 'silent', tough acting dude IN AN EMPTY SUIT. He also didn't mention that AF had 2-3 time outs when the game ended and didn't need to buy time.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

I think the beef was that Deitz's helmet came off and he was supposed to leave the game for a play.. which meant AFA was going to have to bring in a cold QB on the fly.. so if Deitz "goes down" that gives the backup a chance to loosen up and come in.. so I think DCs beef was Deitz going down was faked to give Pierson time to warm up and come in the game. At least, that's how I read it.
ImageImageImageImage
djm19
WyoNation Addict

We got outcoached. That simple. Whine all he wants. Af kicked the shi outta is in second half. They are disciplined. They kept their cool and pounded us.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Coach Christensen. Enjoy the respect of the salutation. I'm done with you. Stand on the sideline, cross your arms, do everything you can to convince us you're our coach. You're not. Do the right thing and move along. My money says you aren't man enough to do it. If you had one micro-modicum of self respect you'd demote yourself to coordinator, but you won't. You'll cling to your job, insisting you deserve your paycheck, despite all evidence to the contrary. Unlike so many of us, you'll never have to worry about paying the cable bill, or wondering if we can really afford the trip to Fresno. We can't. Have a nice career in Division 2 recruiting...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Kwyo
Buckaroo

it is probably time for him to go.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

MrTitleist wrote:I think the beef was that Deitz's helmet came off and he was supposed to leave the game for a play.. which meant AFA was going to have to bring in a cold QB on the fly.. so if Deitz "goes down" that gives the backup a chance to loosen up and come in.. so I think DCs beef was Deitz going down was faked to give Pierson time to warm up and come in the game. At least, that's how I read it.
THAT is what he was screaming about?

Not the missed tackles in the 2nd half, the offense not moving the ball or the game killing penalty at the end?

I happen to like DC, but...
Kwyo
Buckaroo

SDPokeFan wrote:That's why I gave up my season tickets. Too much money and too long of a drive to see them get their teeth kicked in constantly.
this is the no.1 reason why wyoming people deserves better outcome.
WYOBISONMAN
Ranch Hand

It is too bad that my kids memoried of college life will include the teams that poop coach DC put together. He sure screwed all off us in good old WYO out of a nice pay check and accomplished ZILCH! Hey......at least Joe Glenn had heart and gave a poop.

kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

DC's plan in the second half was fine, but he can't make May, Wick and McNeill catch the ball. That was our falling point last night. No passing game in the second half is what killed us. We had plenty of opportunities, but our receivers could catch the ball. McNeill dropped 4 passes that I know of. May and Wick 2 each and then Thompson was throwing to the ground the rest of the time. Our plan was fine, but we went one dimensional when we couldn't catch. It made it easier for AF to stop our run.
AF made no halftime adjustments, they came out and continued doing what they always do. Option. This is not on the coaches. They put us in a position to win this game. Our players failed on this one.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:DC's plan in the second half was fine, but he can't make May, Wick and McNeill catch the ball. That was our falling point last night. No passing game in the second half is what killed us. We had plenty of opportunities, but our receivers could catch the ball. McNeill dropped 4 passes that I know of. May and Wick 2 each and then Thompson was throwing to the ground the rest of the time. Our plan was fine, but we went one dimensional when we couldn't catch. It made it easier for AF to stop our run.
AF made no halftime adjustments, they came out and continued doing what they always do. Option. This is not on the coaches. They put us in a position to win this game. Our players failed on this one.
They didn't put us in position to win. They were TRYING to put us in a position to NOT lose. Dropped passes hurt us, but the elements weren't exactly ideal. We were running the crap outta the ball...so why suddenly slants with a down pour? Or bubble screens when the running game was WORKING.

I agree we had shots to win, but the coaching didn't assist in this. Play.....to....win.....the game!

I watched the replay of DC chewing out Troy and quite honestly, he looked like a kid who just took his ball and left the playground.

I actually really like DC. I like his talent he is bringing in. I'm just starting to think more and more he is an offense coord and our coaching staff is still missing something. Gary Anderson is the model coaching hire. Usu is now what UW wants to be.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

kansasCowboy wrote:DC's plan in the second half was fine, but he can't make May, Wick and McNeill catch the ball. That was our falling point last night. No passing game in the second half is what killed us. We had plenty of opportunities, but our receivers could catch the ball. McNeill dropped 4 passes that I know of. May and Wick 2 each and then Thompson was throwing to the ground the rest of the time. Our plan was fine, but we went one dimensional when we couldn't catch. It made it easier for AF to stop our run.
I disagree completely he abandoned the run in the 3rd and 4th quarter and that is what got us to where we were in the game.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I'm as disappointed as everyone else. As a fan, you all have the right to jump ship, etc. Hell, some of you sound like Air Force fans with the hate thrown toward our program and coaches. What makes this frustrating is we aren't being blow out by anyone and have ended all our games, minus Texas, by a combined 6 points. That is one play here, or one play there and we don't have fans jumping ship. Blame DC if you must, but in 4 of those losses, our best player isn't on the field when the whistle blows. Blame the f-word refs for that.

I can see wanting the coach to be fired, yadda, yadda, yadda, if we were getting our asses handed to us, but we're not. We're close, maybe closer than last year. The difference is we aren't getting lucky and Brett Smith not being on the field only hurts the matter. A blown PI call last night on McNeil on a 4th down late in the game was the clincher. Against Nevada it was a failed 3rd down conversion.

I thought our freshman QB and the running backs looked much better last night. And that can only be a good thing.

Pissed yes, but not blind.

Go Pokes!!