Fresno...Tough match up

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I won't saying anything bad about this game, and I hope other won't as well. This game I ad down as a loss at the very beginning of the season. Fresno's 4-9 record last year was very deceiving. They have a great group offensively and it showed. Fresno's D is always tough. They are very quick and athletic which makes for a lot of struggle against them. I thought the score would be a little closer, but like I said, I will not hold this one against anybody.
The one benefit I will give Wyo is they have faced three of the top Running backs in the nation in three weeks and did very well keeping them under control. Jefferson at Nevada didn't come close to his average against the Pokes. AFA's Getz struggled before being knocked out of the game and we just held Rouse to under 100 yards.
I had Wyo at 7-5 this year, but I could still see 5-7. It is disappointing, but I'll take what we can get. We have a very young, inexperienced and injured Defense right now. Our Offense has done well for the most part, excluding Smith's injuries, Our top Wideout Herron's injuries and several others being out every other week due to injury.
If we finish this season strong I will be happy. Because I know next year this D will be better and our Offense will have everyone back also.

I hope all the "Fire DC and Burman" folk will get a grip and let this one go also. This season is not a complete lost cause. Maybe we don't get to a bowl this year, but if we finish strong and have more experience for next year I think we'll be looking pretty good for our up coming seasons.

Go Pokes. Keeping the Faith!
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

I keep seeing good things in this team. A well put together drive here, attacking defense there...

One of these games, the Pokes are going to put it all together for 4 full quarters and we should see what this team can do.

There's no denying that things have broken down this year but, I see no reason to fire anyone. If we were getting blown out every game, then I might be thinking differently.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I don't pin this one specific game on DC. I thought it was going to be worse.

I do still say that we are here because of this guy. This is a team we beat a couple years ago. Close and in OT, but we beat them. What has changed since then? DC has had a couple more recruiting classes and has had time to coach the guys up. He's in over his head. The FSU coach looks to be turning things around as does NM. Sometimes you need to make a change, just to have a fresh perspective. As they say "you can't fire the team". We could also end up like CSU, but it's a chance I'm willing to take. Plus that guy is in his first year and everyone gets a first year pass at minimum. Even Locksley who punched out employess or grabbed their asses the first year, got a pass.

We could keep DC around as QB coach (like his old prodigy Aroyyo), as he seems pretty good at recruiting and getting a lot from that position, but the rest is a crap shoot.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

kansasCowboy wrote:I won't saying anything bad about this game, and I hope other won't as well. This game I ad down as a loss at the very beginning of the season. Fresno's 4-9 record last year was very deceiving. They have a great group offensively and it showed. Fresno's D is always tough. They are very quick and athletic which makes for a lot of struggle against them. I thought the score would be a little closer, but like I said, I will not hold this one against anybody.
The one benefit I will give Wyo is they have faced three of the top Running backs in the nation in three weeks and did very well keeping them under control. Jefferson at Nevada didn't come close to his average against the Pokes. AFA's Getz struggled before being knocked out of the game and we just held Rouse to under 100 yards.
I had Wyo at 7-5 this year, but I could still see 5-7. It is disappointing, but I'll take what we can get. We have a very young, inexperienced and injured Defense right now. Our Offense has done well for the most part, excluding Smith's injuries, Our top Wideout Herron's injuries and several others being out every other week due to injury.
If we finish this season strong I will be happy. Because I know next year this D will be better and our Offense will have everyone back also.

I hope all the "Fire DC and Burman" folk will get a grip and let this one go also. This season is not a complete lost cause. Maybe we don't get to a bowl this year, but if we finish strong and have more experience for next year I think we'll be looking pretty good for our up coming seasons.

Don't know if you noticed the body language during the game- Christensen's lost most of this team and he looked like a convicted defendant waiting for the judge's sentence. The wheels have fallen off, the plane has hit the mountain, choose you cliche'. I doubt we win another game based on what I saw, not just on the field last night, but the sideline as well. The damage from Christensen's blow up last week has left the structure unsound- he knows the University has cause to cut him loose. There'll probably be a very quiet and confidential conversation where he's asked to resign at the end of the season or be fired now.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

There is a "chance" for a lot of thing.....in reality, it very much looks like CSU might be the only other win this season for UW. And even that game the Cowboys cannot overlook. Fresno is very good, so is Boise. New Mexico and SDSU look look very tough too, and UW rarely plays well in Vegas. It really does seem like this team has mailed it in this year....can't blame them considering the circumstances.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

J-Rod wrote:... it very much looks like CSU might be the only other win this season for UW.
"might" is certainly the operative word here. But as said before, since the season is a disappointing loss, prepare now for the next one by giving those coming up plenty of playing time. "Save" Brett for next season by limiting his exposure to injury. I'm guessing the best chances, or probably the only ones, for other wins this season is UNLV and CSU. But they won't be easy.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 155 times

I think it would be hard for any coach to motivate a 1-5 team let alone a 1-6 team now.
W-Y, Until I Die!
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

Go Pokes. Keeping the Faith![/quote]
Don't know if you noticed the body language during the game- Christensen's lost most of this team and he looked like a convicted defendant waiting for the judge's sentence. The wheels have fallen off, the plane has hit the mountain, choose you cliche'. I doubt we win another game based on what I saw, not just on the field last night, but the sideline as well. The damage from Christensen's blow up last week has left the structure unsound- he knows the University has cause to cut him loose. There'll probably be a very quiet and confidential conversation where he's asked to resign at the end of the season or be fired now.[/quote]

I hope you have a great crystal ball. Christensen is in WAY over his head and hurting the program, the athletes, and the University. He'll go, for sure, because he is a poor head coach, and I'm being nice. I just hope UW doesn't let the situation get much worse by keeping him for another year.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 155 times

Contract extension says he stays at least for next year and probably another after that.
W-Y, Until I Die!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

CowboyFan wrote:Go Pokes. Keeping the Faith!
Don't know if you noticed the body language during the game- Christensen's lost most of this team and he looked like a convicted defendant waiting for the judge's sentence. The wheels have fallen off, the plane has hit the mountain, choose you cliche'. I doubt we win another game based on what I saw, not just on the field last night, but the sideline as well. The damage from Christensen's blow up last week has left the structure unsound- he knows the University has cause to cut him loose. There'll probably be a very quiet and confidential conversation where he's asked to resign at the end of the season or be fired now.[/quote]

I hope you have a great crystal ball. Christensen is in WAY over his head and hurting the program, the athletes, and the University. He'll go, for sure, because he is a poor head coach, and I'm being nice. I just hope UW doesn't let the situation get much worse by keeping him for another year.[/quote]

Everyone praised him for being MWC Coach of the Year last year. Now we're ready to let him go? You're so wishy washy people. Get over it, there is a lot more than so called bad coaching going on here. It's hard to win games when a lot of your key play makers are out with injury. We barely have any of them back, the only two noteworthys back, Smith and Herron. We are missing practically ALL our safeties right now, and several others.
Who was our last coach to take us to two bowls in 4 years? Answer: Roach. No we are nowhere near what Roach had going on, but look at the up and down seasons we had going on before him. And it was coach after coach after coach. We need consistency to be successful. If you keep changing things, your changing what you brought players in for to do. They're not used to it and then it's a struggle until we have the right players, by that time, we've had a couple of bad year trying to change again, that everyone is calling for THAT coaches head and now we're going in another direction. It's a complete downward cycle that leads nowhere.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote: Everyone praised him for being MWC Coach of the Year last year. Now we're ready to let him go? You're so wishy washy people. Get over it, there is a lot more than so called bad coaching going on here. It's hard to win games when a lot of your key play makers are out with injury. We barely have any of them back, the only two noteworthys back, Smith and Herron. We are missing practically ALL our safeties right now, and several others.
Who was our last coach to take us to two bowls in 4 years? Answer: Roach. No we are nowhere near what Roach had going on, but look at the up and down seasons we had going on before him. And it was coach after coach after coach. We need consistency to be successful. If you keep changing things, your changing what you brought players in for to do. They're not used to it and then it's a struggle until we have the right players, by that time, we've had a couple of bad year trying to change again, that everyone is calling for THAT coaches head and now we're going in another direction. It's a complete downward cycle that leads nowhere.
I will say this: Hawaii had a coach in Greg McMackin that led the program to a 10-4 season (WAC title) in 2010, and then was fired in 2011 for a 6-7 season that missed way wide of what fans expected (sound familiar?). The decision included some other shady facts I won't mention, but nonetheless he was fired hastily. Almost one year later, Hawaii hasn't looked this bad since the Von Appen era. 1-5 and it will get much worse. I won't claim to know what would happen if Wyoming kept or fired CDC after 2012, but I can say from watching UH.....sometimes making a decision based on emotion can lead to even further damage. Not saying it would happen at UW, but it is possible if that scenario came about...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 47 times

J-Rod wrote:I will say this: Hawaii had a coach in Greg McMackin that led the program to a 10-4 season (WAC title) in 2010, and then was fired in 2011 for a 6-7 season that missed way wide of what fans expected (sound familiar?). The decision included some other shady facts I won't mention, but nonetheless he was fired hastily. Almost one year later, Hawaii hasn't looked this bad since the Von Appen era. 1-5 and it will get much worse. I won't claim to know what would happen if Wyoming kept or fired CDC after 2012, but I can say from watching UH.....sometimes making a decision based on emotion can lead to even further damage. Not saying it would happen at UW, but it is possible if that scenario came about...
For those who don't know.....Hawaii's Von Appen Era was like the Vic Koenning years in Laramie.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times

Wyoming could fire Christensen this week and they wouldn't have to pay him one cent because of his tirade last week. I read his contract and he could be fired for circumstances "umbecoming of the University".

Not saying they should or shouldn't fire him but if they wanted to get rid of him it would be this week. Otherwise he will probably be here through the end of next season minimum.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times

laxwyo wrote:Contract extension says he stays at least for next year and probably another after that.
UW has cause to terminate.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote:
laxwyo wrote:Contract extension says he stays at least for next year and probably another after that.

It won't happen so stop already. You people are hopeless. Besides, you have no arguments. At least I have numbers and records and history to back up my point. All you people have is the snotty emotion on your sleeve.
I bet that if we manage to get 8 or 9 wins next year almost every single one of you complainers will be on the DC bandwagon again...
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

kansasCowboy wrote:I won't saying anything bad about this game, and I hope other won't as well. This game I ad down as a loss at the very beginning of the season. Fresno's 4-9 record last year was very deceiving. They have a great group offensively and it showed. Fresno's D is always tough. They are very quick and athletic which makes for a lot of struggle against them. I thought the score would be a little closer, but like I said, I will not hold this one against anybody.

That's a sign of a good team, when you are not giving them any shot at winning certain games before the season starts. At this point your posts just make me laugh.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times

kansasCowboy wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:

It won't happen so stop already. You people are hopeless. Besides, you have no arguments. At least I have numbers and records and history to back up my point. All you people have is the snotty emotion on your sleeve.
I bet that if we manage to get 8 or 9 wins next year almost every single one of you complainers will be on the DC bandwagon again...

The only bandwagon person I see around here is you quite frankly. You have some sort of man crush on DC. I bet when he is gone you will be as well.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote:

That's a sign of a good team, when you are not giving them any shot at winning certain games before the season starts. At this point your posts just make me laugh.
Are you stupid enough to tell me that you had Wyoming going undefeated this year? Who's posts make who laugh?
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

kansasCowboy wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:

Are you stupid enough to tell me that you had Wyoming going undefeated this year? Who's posts make who laugh?
No, that would almost be as stupid as the team having only one win, including their last game a four touchdown demolition, and then coming on a message board and saying how great of a job the coaches or doing. Oh wait, you already did that.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:

The only bandwagon person I see around here is you quite frankly. You have some sort of man crush on DC. I bet when he is gone you will be as well.
Seattle, let me get this straight. Because I support who we have in our head coach position, and because I don't fly off the wall and I continue to support our program even in the hard times, that makes me a bandwagon fan? Maybe I'm just that dedicated of a fan in general. Maybe I'm what they call a "real" fan.
I am one of those who will stay and continue to cheer them on until the final whistle. Just like your taught in football to play till the final whistle, I as a fan will stay to the end. Maybe we need more fans like that. I will live and die with my Pokes. I go through the good and the bad with my Cowboys. I may not always agree with a hiring or a firing, but in the end is what I think really going to matter?
All you do is rant and rave and apparently make stupid comments like this and attack other fans with your stupidity. Way to go. You are in no way classy in fact you're a real class-ACT.