Wyoming @ Ohio Prediction Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
UVABy20
Buckaroo

tttgowyo wrote:
UVABy20 wrote:Wyo by 20
Nice win against the Heels...
just trying to make you guys look good..
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

UVABy20 wrote:
tttgowyo wrote:
UVABy20 wrote:Wyo by 20
Nice win against the Heels...
just trying to make you guys look good..

We need it after last week....

I like how the fans bailed out Groh on the FG...

GO POKES!!
Pithecus
Buckaroo

UW by 7, 21-14. This time the UW offense does their part and helps out the superb Defense.
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

So what is the crowd looking like for this game? How are the ticket sales.
Do you know how nice it would be if most of our away games were sellouts! That means people know us and want to see us play their teams.
Bobcat Pride
Buckaroo

It's tough to say what the attendance might be at the game tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be nice, with sun and temps in the high 80s. Students at Ohio are able to attend the games for free, as a portion of all students' tuition goes to the athletic department. Their attendance is key to getting a larger number.

I'd say they'll be about 20,000. Again, the weather will be great. But, there are unfortunately a lot of Ohio St. fans that go to Ohio University. The Suckeyes have a game that starts at 3:30 ET, so I wonder if that will hurt the attendance figures. I hope not.

My understanding is that the game is on ESPN Gameplan. Are there a lot of Cowboy fans that are going to catch the game on TV? I haven't heard if anybody that posts on this board is going to be at the game. I'm already trying to figure out how I can get out West to next year's Ohio-Wyoming game on Labor Day weekend. Airfares seem pretty high, and I'm not afraid of a long drive with a couple of other Bobcat fans. Any suggestions?

GO BOBCATS!!!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Mistakes will probably make the difference with these apparently closely matched teams. With no mistakes I say Pokes score at least 17 but no more than 35, while Bobcats go at least 14 but no more than 28. Conclusion: Poke by narrow margin.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

>>"Bobcat Pride": I'm already trying to figure out how I can get out West to next year's Ohio-Wyoming game >>on Labor Day weekend. Airfares seem pretty high, and I'm not afraid of a long drive with a couple of >>other Bobcat fans. Any suggestions?
>>
>>GO BOBCATS!!!

You would fly into Denver (not Cheyenne or Laramie) and rent a car for the 135 mile drive. Presumably air from Columbus is about $300 round trip. Now for a Brigham Young University fan (which I presume you are not) coming in for a BYU game, my suggestion for the cheapest way would be to take an enema and mail yourself in a shoe box.
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

I dont know how Ohio couldn't capatalize on 7 turnover but it looks like we pulled it out. a wins a win but we should have smoked these guys
brownngold
Buckaroo

All I can say is good game Ohio and H0ly Sh!t Wyoming you scare me to death
Pithecus
Buckaroo

Nice win Cowboys. All I can say is Wow! Much better to be 3-1 than 2-2.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

I think this seals a bowl bid for the Pokes, barring a stumble along the way. HUGE road win for the team.. they obviously played an opponent worth a hoot, so it has to be a morale booster for the team. Great win by the Cowboys, too bad I could only follow it on my phone, but great win.

And great win for the Griz today too! :)
ImageImageImageImage
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Hats off to Frank Solich's Ohio team..that was a battle..but in the end D-MO was just too much!! What'd he have 192 yds on 19 carries and 2 tds?? thats just not fair! I'm thinkin D-MO will get the MWC offensive player of the week..
Although Sween might not have played the best game, he did throw the winning TD pass...on a 4th down?! That was clutch..our D came up huge at the end (although we need to stop the big play)
GO POKES!!
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

WOW!! That was one of THE most frustrating games to watch on TV. I agree with the comment of how the hell does Ohio lose a game with that many turnovers.. All I can say is, thank God we have Devin Moore, Wynel Seldon and our awesome Defense. I sure hope we can work on our special teams, terrible passing decisions (by both QB's) and play calling. Why in the freakin' world would you continue to force bad pass plays when we are gaining 14 yds./carry on the ground. I was so nervous when we were in the red zone with the game on the line, and putting the ball in the air!!!! Thank you thank you thank you for pulling this one out of your ass Pokes, I was going to be pissed I spent the $21.95 this week to watch us lose like that... W is a W.... I guess...

GO POKES!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Doesn't sound like a pretty win but a solid win on the road, IMO! Good job, Pokes!
Colt Brennan= Future Hall of Famer!!!!!!!!!
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:I think this seals a bowl bid for the Pokes, barring a stumble along the way.
Can't forget '05 when we started 4-1 with a loss only to Florida then lost to TCU in Laramie and lost the rest every game after that. :x :yikes:
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 47 times

wyopokesfan23 wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:I think this seals a bowl bid for the Pokes, barring a stumble along the way.
Can't forget '05 when we started 4-1 with a loss only to Florida then lost to TCU in Laramie and lost the rest every game after that. :x :yikes:
Good point. Hopefully, history WON'T repeat.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Yesterdays win was huge, I doubt we plummet from here, the MWC was strong in 2005, this year its anyone's show. Honestly we have a legit shot at everyone we play from here on out.