What are your guy's feelings on adding BSU to the MWC?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
big z
Ranch Hand

Personally i can't stand them, so this is great news.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7053 ... s-BCS.html
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

I'm for it. I'm all about expanding the MWC to make it a super conference. The BCS isn't going to listen to the MWC in it's current format, but if the MWC gives them a reason and kicks down the door every year, then they're going to have to pay attention at some point. Fresno wouldn't be a bad addition either.
ImageImageImageImage
23handicap
Buckaroo

The MWC doesn't need Boise State. Discussion closed!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Unless adding Boise St. will give us an automatic BCS bid I don't want them in the MWC. The way the schedule is structured keeps all the good rivalries playing every year. If we do add Boise we need to add another...

Fresno St. would be good
Nevada Maybe
Houston - tradition
SMU- add TCU's rival
I'm good for 3!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

They are a quality football program so I can respect that, but there is no tradition or history pulling them into the MWC.

I would just prefer to schedule non conference games with them because they are a in our region, & I would like to see us beat them someday. So i feel good about how things are setup now with a series coming up in the near future.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 243 times

There is more to a conference than football...and BSU's academics are clearly not on par with the rest of the league...so NO!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

the posters to the newspaper article show thier ignorance by claiming wyoming will never have a quality football program. wyo didn't have a losing season in the 50s or 60s, the 70s were a down decade for us, but we had 3 losing seasons in the 80s and only one in the 90s, then again another down decade. We have been successful in the past and I see no reason why we won't be successful again. It is as if the posters seem to think the last 12 years represent the entire football history and nothing ever has or ever will change. maybe they just can't handle the idea of wyoming dominating them again in the future.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Fullback41 wrote:the posters to the newspaper article show thier ignorance by claiming wyoming will never have a quality football program. wyo didn't have a losing season in the 50s or 60s, the 70s were a down decade for us, but we had 3 losing seasons in the 80s and only one in the 90s, then again another down decade. We have been successful in the past and I see no reason why we won't be successful again. It is as if the posters seem to think the last 12 years represent the entire football history and nothing ever has or ever will change. maybe they just can't handle the idea of wyoming dominating them again in the future.
These are Utah fans we're talking about (Both BYU and Utah). They won't do any reasearch unless told to. Otherwise, they just go with what they are told to believe.