Are there any assistants we're looking at?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Are we talking to Anthony Stewart, or should we expect someone from the southern connections belonging to our esteemed family of coaches?
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
jcintherock
Ranch Hand

It had better be a package deal. Too late in the recruiting cycle to not play that game.
Hunter Thompsons dad would not be on that short list. He would not give me goose bumps anyway. ;) ;) ;)

Can't believe that I was a BYU fan for a night.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

He is a cold weather state coach. That's what the staff is looking for, a cold weather recruiter.

The bad news, he's with Heath at Tennersee Marlin. If I was a coach on Heath's staff, I would be looking for an exit door. I'll take the Pepsi challenge with our staff vs. Heath and Friends at developing players. Tinnerknee Marvin doesn't have one player as good as Josh Adams or Larry Nance Jr.

I could see Anthony coming back. It seems like a really good fit.

Who knows, if you had to ask me now, I'm likely betting on a coach that both Allen Edwards and Jeremy Shyatt have experience working with.

Still, it won't surprise me at all if it's a Stewart family reunion.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Are you poop me? Heath Schroyer is the head coach of another D1 basketball team? He's isn't qualified to coach fourth grade girls wheelchair basketball.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Yep, and sadly they are actually doing well. Last year, his first year at UT-M, they were 21-13 and made it to the semifinals of the CIT. This year they were 19-14, won their division of the Ohio Valley Conference and made the CIT again.

I realize the CIT is not a big deal, but he seems to be doing a lot better there (so far!) than he did at UW.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:I realize the CIT is not a big deal, but he seems to be doing a lot better there (so far!) than he did at UW.
The OVC is also a lower level than the MWC.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:I realize the CIT is not a big deal, but he seems to be doing a lot better there (so far!) than he did at UW.
I'm aware, however a Schroyer coached Wyo team would have still gotten destroyed in the OVC just as much as in the MWC.
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
I'm aware, however a Schroyer coached Wyo team would have still gotten destroyed in the OVC just as much as in the MWC.
They will steadily decline like we did. He won 18 games his first year here as well in a pretty tough conference. He is not a good coach and it will show through in the next couple of years.
rich22
Ranch Hand

I know this is a long shot but what is Brandon Ewing doing? He might fit really well with the coaching staff as the third assistant and he has a bunch of ties to the Midwest especially Chicago. Just a thought.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

rich22 wrote:I know this is a long shot but what is Brandon Ewing doing? He might fit really well with the coaching staff as the third assistant and he has a bunch of ties to the Midwest especially Chicago. Just a thought.
I was thinking that same thing myself. Get that Chicago pipeline flowin again.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

McClain's at UIC, maybe we can snag him yet again, LOL, yeah we should snag Brandon Ewing after all he's in Laramie anyway, and yes the Chicago pipeline would be open and flowing
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

McClain might be available soon. He only won 5 games in his first year at UIC.
rich22
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote:McClain's at UIC, maybe we can snag him yet again, LOL, yeah we should snag Brandon Ewing after all he's in Laramie anyway, and yes the Chicago pipeline would be open and flowing
I can't tell if you are sarcastic or not on this one. haha I didn't know Brandon was in Laramie and I don't know if he has connections with the current staff or if he still has connections to Chicago high school coaches or not but when he was here he brought a few guys from Chicago to Wyoming for recruiting visits. Not many came but they still visited him while he was here playing. Just a thought.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I may be off base here, but I personally don't want anyone associated with this team that was associated with Shroyer....
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

rich22 wrote:I know this is a long shot but what is Brandon Ewing doing? He might fit really well with the coaching staff as the third assistant and he has a bunch of ties to the Midwest especially Chicago. Just a thought.
I do believe he sells cars at Laramie GM
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

rich22 wrote:
stymeman wrote:McClain's at UIC, maybe we can snag him yet again, LOL, yeah we should snag Brandon Ewing after all he's in Laramie anyway, and yes the Chicago pipeline would be open and flowing
I can't tell if you are sarcastic or not on this one. haha I didn't know Brandon was in Laramie and I don't know if he has connections with the current staff or if he still has connections to Chicago high school coaches or not but when he was here he brought a few guys from Chicago to Wyoming for recruiting visits. Not many came but they still visited him while he was here playing. Just a thought.
totally sarcastic with the Weasel being at UIC, LOL
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:I may be off base here, but I personally don't want anyone associated with this team that was associated with Shroyer....
You are way off base. Stewart would be a good hire if he can bring Parker with him. Probably a good hire regardless. I think the guy can recruit.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:I may be off base here, but I personally don't want anyone associated with this team that was associated with Shroyer....
You are way off base. Stewart would be a good hire if he can bring Parker with him. Probably a good hire regardless. I think the guy can recruit.
The opportunity to land Parker Stewart makes that a very tantalizing scenario. I have never met his father and know next to nothing about him. I have been around a number of players from Shroyers teams and they are cancer. They have no business with this team. I can only imagine the environment established by that coaching staff.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 253 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:
The opportunity to land Parker Stewart makes that a very tantalizing scenario. I have never met his father and know next to nothing about him. I have been around a number of players from Shroyers teams and they are cancer. They have no business with this team. I can only imagine the environment established by that coaching staff.
Doubt that had anything to do with Mr. Stewart. It was Schroyer 100%. I'd take Stewart back on the staff with the way he recruits.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Does anyone know if Lieberman's trainer/AAU coach/roommate is hoping to make coaching a career? He's got a lot of southern California connections and is already in Laramie and involved with the team.