Rough QB news for UW Football Fans!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 127 times

I understand we went from 5 QB's to 3 QB's (and this doesn't include Barry moving to LB) on the roster for this fall (just recently). Hmmmmm.....
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 14 times

Sween
Crum
Benjamin
Carta-Samuels
Barry (moving)

Looks pretty solid to me? Am I missing something?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

PokeTransplant wrote:Sween
Crum
Benjamin
Carta-Samuels
Barry (moving)

Looks pretty solid to me? Am I missing something?
Ya, you are missing the fact that Barry will probably, in all likelihood, be back at QB. If you know what I mean.
Dear Karma,

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Crum?? Is he gone??
ImageImageImageImage
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke

MrTitleist wrote:Crum?? Is he gone??
He still on the official roster...

2009 UW Football Roster
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

PokeTransplant wrote:

2009 UW Football Roster

Hey Transplant...

That official roster was put together quite a few months ago. A little has changed.

The thing that delights me most, is that this site, WyoNation, again, is first with breaking UW news...direct from the staff.
Last edited by McPeachy on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Definitely not the first time, and surely won't be the last.
ImageImageImageImage
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
PokeTransplant wrote:

2009 UW Football Roster

Hey Transplant...

That official roster was put together quite a few months ago. A little has changed.

The thing that delights me most, is that this site, WyoNation, again, is first with breaking UW news.

What news? You just insinuated that we lost 2 QBs off the squad. If there is news to be posted about our QB situation, I sure haven't seen it yet... :mrgreen:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

PokeTransplant wrote:What news? You just insinuated that we lost 2 QBs off the squad. If there is news to be posted about our QB situation, I sure haven't seen it yet... :mrgreen:
Good point. I don't know if I am at liberty to name names. Yet. I have a phobia of Big Brother.
Dear Karma,

PokeTransplant
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
PokeTransplant wrote:What news? You just insinuated that we lost 2 QBs off the squad. If there is news to be posted about our QB situation, I sure haven't seen it yet... :mrgreen:
Good point. I don't know if I am at liberty to name names. Yet. I have a phobia of Big Brother.

LOL

Fair enough man

If I were a betting man (and I am)...I'd put my money on Crum and Benjamin being gone. Crum due to him feeling he wasn't given a fair chance to shine and Benjamin due to academic issues.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I'm so lost.

What is the so-called "rough" news? We've known these were the QBs going into fall for months.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 249 times

I would also bet on Crum. I hope its not Sween, because I think Sween has the ability to have a good year.

Apparently Benjamin passed his classes so I don't think its him.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote:I would also bet on Crum. I hope its not Sween, because I think Sween has the ability to have a good year.

Apparently Benjamin passed his classes so I don't think its him.

I can't see Sween going anywhere being a senior and after being placed #1 after the spring. If Barry isn't happy with being put on D I could see him leaving, but I haven't seen or heard anything that indicates that he was unhappy with the switch. That leaves either Benjamin or Carta-Samuels as the question marks. If Benjamin finished up his summer classes successfully, then there shouldn't be anything in the way of him playing this fall outside of possibility that he feels that he may be put in a Crum-type situation with little chance to play this year (due to missing out on spring drills and summer workouts with the team). That leaves Carta-Samuels. I can't think of anything outside of the coaches maybe insinuating that they are going to redshirt him and he doesn't like that answer so will transfer. This close to the start of the year, I don't understand a move like that.

mmmm....I love the smell of speculation in the late summer air.....
dapokes
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:I understand we went from 5 QB's to 3 QB's (and this doesn't include Barry moving to LB) on the roster for this fall (just recently). Hmmmmm.....

Dude you are retarded. I know more about the qb situation than anyone on this board...when it comes to who's moving and staying positions. Did you know that Robert Benjamin barely made it to wyo? It came down to the last few summer classes he needed...and the results. That would be the only other "news-worthy" thing to say. Since Rob made it up on time for camp and eligible, this switches Barry over to MLB completely. He was going to have to take reps at Q and LB in fall camp if otherwise.

Don't be dumb and start idiotic threads
dapokes
Ranch Hand

and for those that think Dax may be leaving, I've heard he actually had a productive offseason and is looking good....

So you've got some explaining to do, McPeachy
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I will still say Dax has the most natural ability of any QB on the roster. He always looks the best in practice, unfortunately he can't translate that into the game. He just seems to go blank when put in game situations.
I'm good for 3!
billings
Ranch Hand

Well we know

Sween is back
Benjamin is on the way to Laramie and ready to go
Carta-Samuels was interviewed in Laramie at summer workouts.

That only leaves Crum and Berry.

Smells like a rumor to me
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

This thread is non-informative, and is just stirring the s#!t. If you have real news post it, hell even if it isn't real news post it, this post does neither, it just speculates that 2 are gone but doesn't say who.

Oh wait, Breaking News, we a losing a player that wears a helmet some time in the next 24 months, stay tuned, by the way..... I posted it first.

Did McPeachy really start this or did someone figure out his password? Maybe he's drunk, I'm gonna go have a beer.
Last edited by Fullback41 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
Brown&GoldAllAccess
Buckaroo

dapokes wrote:
McPeachy wrote:I understand we went from 5 QB's to 3 QB's (and this doesn't include Barry moving to LB) on the roster for this fall (just recently). Hmmmmm.....

Dude you are retarded. I know more about the qb situation than anyone on this board...when it comes to who's moving and staying positions. Did you know that Robert Benjamin barely made it to wyo? It came down to the last few summer classes he needed...and the results. That would be the only other "news-worthy" thing to say. Since Rob made it up on time for camp and eligible, this switches Barry over to MLB completely. He was going to have to take reps at Q and LB in fall camp if otherwise.

So spill it...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Brown&GoldAllAccess wrote:
dapokes wrote:

So spill it...
I guess we will see what things look like tomorrow (if not later). I have been told poop before, but considering the horses mouth that this came from (and unless you are a coach dapokes you don't know your dick from a pencil), it puzzles me that we would have somebody on staff that is such a glass 1/2 empty type of person...a misery loves company, whoas me kind of guy. Again, we'll see.
Dear Karma,