-3 vs EMU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 12 times

Wyoming is opening at -3 vs EMU this weekend. Guess Vegas isn't buying into our hype. I thought the line would be closer to 7.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

We will have May back for this game. I haven't heard of anyone else out for this game, but I haven't heard any more about Wick.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

this means we're the dawgs right????
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

stymeman wrote:this means we're the dawgs right????
Nope, means we are favored by 3.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

ohhhhh realllly, lol, we'll see, a Friday night on the road, sure hope so
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

303cowboy wrote:Wyoming is opening at -3 vs EMU this weekend. Guess Vegas isn't buying into our hype. I thought the line would be closer to 7.
Vegas sets the line to get equal action on both teams. They will start adjusting lines when gamblers start betting on us.

We should be fine in this game as long as we aren't looking ahead to csewe. BTW, I was on the sheep website looking for tickets and the game is nearly sold out already.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 624 times
Been liked: 256 times

I'm making the trip out to Yspilianti for this pivitol game..... j/k.

Don't they get like 3k fans per game? It's going to be a weird atmosphere on a Friday night. We need a focused week of practice.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

bladerunnr wrote:
303cowboy wrote:Wyoming is opening at -3 vs EMU this weekend. Guess Vegas isn't buying into our hype. I thought the line would be closer to 7.
Vegas sets the line to get equal action on both teams. They will start adjusting lines when gamblers start betting on us.

We should be fine in this game as long as we aren't looking ahead to csewe. BTW, I was on the sheep website looking for tickets and the game is nearly sold out already.
You'd think with it being 2016, they would've updated their forum format. 5 years ago. How anyone can still use that style is beyond me.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:I'm making the trip out to Yspilianti for this pivitol game..... j/k.

Don't they get like 3k fans per game? It's going to be a weird atmosphere on a Friday night. We need a focused week of practice.
My away game this year is Reno, what the heck, Iowa City next year!!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

These lines usually give 3 points to the home team as a basic rule of thumb, so really its almost like being 6-point favorites
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Kimball_Ne_Cowboy
Buckaroo

I see no reason why we can't hang 10+ on EMU.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
These lines usually give 3 points to the home team as a basic rule of thumb, so really its almost like being 6-point favorites
It opened at -3 and jumped to -4 in a matter of minutes. Look for it to close around 6-8.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
cowboyz backer
Buckaroo

When was the last time we were road favorites?
hithere
Ranch Hand

cowboyz backer wrote:When was the last time we were road favorites?
Texas State in 2013 by 10. Since 2010, there have only been seven games where the Cowboys were road favorites.

4-3 straight up. 3-4 ATS.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:I'm making the trip out to Yspilianti for this pivitol game..... j/k.

My away game this year is Reno, what the heck, Iowa City next year!!!!
Kinnick is a blast. Better tailgating than The Horseshoe, that's for sure.
52-56
CowBoyL
Buckaroo

I'll be there +7. True story, we bought tix in the 2nd row for 8 of us, total cost $92 after fees. Love the cheap opportunity for a road game now and then. Cheers to covering 3, cuz we get this done and then some this week. See u in Ypsi!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 12 times

Wyovanian wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
It opened at -3 and jumped to -4 in a matter of minutes. Look for it to close around 6-8.
Where are you seeing this? Looks like it's moving the other way to me

http://www.covers.com/odds/linehistory. ... &sport=NCF
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Part of why they don't seem to be buying our "hype" could have something to do with the fact that we haven't beat anyone with a FBS win this season...
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

line now 2.5 on 5 dimes. I suspect that beating a lower division game with no line last week meant nothing. We didn't cover in our 1 road game this year. So we will have to win games like this to get some respect from the bettors. I bet us. We have to beat nothing teams like this.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

bladerunnr wrote: We have to beat nothing teams like this.
Nothing teams can throw against the Pokes (thanks Stanard). But if the defensive
line can overmatch the EM line and put heat on the QB, the secondary weakness
can be overcome.