And the saga continues!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

W-Y, Until I Die!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Boy, thats an eye opener, not a good tone at all. I wouldnt be surprised at all now if dave is a gone beaver.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

It's just proof that Burman was out-right lying when he said he needed a week to get legal advice on the fine and suspension.

He caved because the foundation director sent a heated email AFTER THE FRESNO LOSS. What a wuss.
uwaluminidaho
Buckaroo

You can buy them books, you can send them to school, but can’t stop them from eating the teacher. Dave Johnson, like in GONE Johnson, ate the teacher. At least he f-bombed her mercifully. It is evident from the reporting of the Fredrickson CST article that the UW Foundation was only willing to support CDC’s contract extension for a couple of more years. Till the next ‘BCS school came calling’ I think it said. (who besides Burman was drinking that koolaide?) It is also evident that the UW Foundation (at least its director) is not willing to support the contract for its entire length, and it was never the Foundation’s intent to do so in the first place.
If that is the case, look for CDC to be gone soon. Maybe as early as Monday afternoon, depending on the outcome of the CSU game. Burman may have to do it to save face his own self. The incoming new UW President may not have the same priorities as Buchanan towards athletics. But you can bet that the new President will definitely rely on those persons in place that are the shakers and movers at the University, that would be Mr Blalock, to help with any transition. Especially so when there is all this diversity involved. Therefore, CDC and maybe Burman will both be gone before the start of next season.
In business and in life and in the world of college football you can piss a lot of people off by losing, being stupid or saying stupid things. Never piss off the accountant or anyone remotely in charge of the money.
Go Pokes, down a different road.
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

Lost Poke wrote:It's just proof that Burman was out-right lying when he said he needed a week to get legal advice on the fine and suspension.

He caved because the foundation director sent a heated email AFTER THE FRESNO LOSS. What a wuss.
What dream world do you live in Lost Poke? LOL You'd tell all your bosses to buzz off huh? LOL What do you do for a living? Just curious. LOL
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 249 times

The Tribune did some interesting/investigative journalism. I am curious how they knew to make the FOIA request. But outside of dc (who all along I've felt would be gone at season's end), I wonder how this public records request and subsequent releasing of emails will affect communications between the AD and the UW Foundation.

It is clear that the UW Foundation believed that dc was trying to use the Wyoming job as a stepping stone and really had no interest in staying here. I dont think that is groundbreaking but there are those dc supporters that for some reason believed dc's intent was/is to stay here for the long haul.
Last edited by OrediggerPoke on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

It does seem that Ben Fredrickson has an axe to grind with DC and I think a lot of people will jump on that. However, shutting off access to reporters, as DC may have been known to do, probably fuels that axe. Being a head coach of a D1 program you have to have some sort of media awareness/savy.

Once again, the media slants a lot of things, but their job is to report and investigate. If their access is shut off and ruled with an iron fist, a lot of problems arise. I don't blame Fredrickson, but he surely will have far less access now (if he had any before). I would say very gutsy of a reporter and in most professions you don't make it far without taking risks and the risk you take may land you flat on your face.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:It does seem that Ben Fredrickson has an axe to grind with DC and I think a lot of people will jump on that. However, shutting off access to reporters, as DC may have been known to do, probably fuels that axe. Being a head coach of a D1 program you have to have some sort of media awareness/savy.

Once again, the media slants a lot of things, but their job is to report and investigate. If their access is shut off and ruled with an iron fist, a lot of problems arise. I don't blame Fredrickson, but he surely will have far less access now (if he had any before). I would say very gutsy of a reporter and in most professions you don't make it far without taking risks and the risk you take may land you flat on your face.
I agree 100%. This is great journalism. A very interesting read. This clearly does not bode well for DC.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

At this time -- the UW Foundation is feeling 'foolish" in funding an 'f-bomb screaming loser'. Sorry to be harsh
Ouch.....I definitely thought CDC came across more as a douchebag than anything else from his tirade. His "WOOOO!!!" at the end sealed that status.

Clearly people are not happy with the guy. Patience is wearing thin.....Winning the boot is always mandatory, but this year it might be essential to any chance of CDC staying employed at Wyoming.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:It does seem that Ben Fredrickson has an axe to grind with DC and I think a lot of people will jump on that. However, shutting off access to reporters, as DC may have been known to do, probably fuels that axe. Being a head coach of a D1 program you have to have some sort of media awareness/savy.

I agree 100%. This is great journalism. A very interesting read. This clearly does not bode well for DC.
I'm not sure if it is great journalism because I question the timing and intent (being the day of the border war and an obvious slant against DC). The way he wrote it though, the general public will probably not pick up on the intent/timing. Certainly is a type of investigative journalism that we have not seen much of before here in Wyoming athletics. From a career perspective, it could go both ways for Frederickson. The article itself definitely hurts DC more for sure.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Everything aside, losing makes us all grumpy and argumentative...

Im just leaving for Laramie and let's Go Pokes! Because one thing we can all agree on and that is BEAT THE SHEEP!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote:Everything aside, losing makes us all grumpy and argumentative...

Im just leaving for Laramie and let's Go Pokes! Because one thing we can all agree on and that is BEAT THE SHEEP!!!
Have fun, stay warm!
BeachPoke
Ranch Hand

This will be another BS situation just like the Tiller one... If this continues it will show Wyoming is nothing more than a second rate school. My god DC has said over and over he was sorry for what he did and said. How many times have we seen that an athelete can go out and make a mistake and we as a society says give them another chance because they deserve it....how is this any different...BS BS BS.. I dare to say if DC is fired we will not find anyone I mean no body in his right mind will come to Wyoming to coach for us... this is laughable.
BeachPoke
Ranch Hand

On the joournalist side of this tirade...I'm in SEC /ACC country and they handle the reports just the same as DC does. Clemson and Carolina reports and not allowed to be at the practices at all but do get to have meetings before and after...Get real people this is how it is done all over the country.... just hard for those in Wyo I guess..
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

Here's the link to the non-mobile version of the story:

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 73b58.html
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

BeachPoke wrote:This will be another BS situation just like the Tiller one... If this continues it will show Wyoming is nothing more than a second rate school. My god DC has said over and over he was sorry for what he did and said. How many times have we seen that an athelete can go out and make a mistake and we as a society says give them another chance because they deserve it....how is this any different...BS BS BS.. I dare to say if DC is fired we will not find anyone I mean no body in his right mind will come to Wyoming to coach for us... this is laughable.
Wyoming athletics are second rate. Hell maybe even third rate, deep down we all know this. Hell the Border war isn't even on TV. Yea Ill go with third rate.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

I completely agree with you beachpoke!
W-Y, Until I Die!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Okay, out of what I just read, this foundation didn't even start investing in Wyo until this season. I think it says something like, " From the day of their investment Wyo has gone 1-7. So, where was this money the two out of the three years we were having success with DC?
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

kansasCowboy wrote:Okay, out of what I just read, this foundation didn't even start investing in Wyo until this season. I think it says something like, " From the day of their investment Wyo has gone 1-7. So, where was this money the two out of the three years we were having success with DC?
I think we will have more information over the next couple of weeks. Hard to infer much from partial email swipes.
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

kansasCowboy wrote:Okay, out of what I just read, this foundation didn't even start investing in Wyo until this season. I think it says something like, " From the day of their investment Wyo has gone 1-7. So, where was this money the two out of the three years we were having success with DC?
The foundation evidently invested in DC's extension.

Ho hum...anyone really expect anything different than something like this out of CST? The content and timing release just shows CST reporting's true colors...they are trying their best to make a mountain out of a molehill and stir up more controversy. Nothing more to this piece of journalism than just noise.