Mr. Ringolsby summed it up perfect.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

On gowyogo WyNative posted that Fisher was a class act.
Then Ringolsby said...
Class? He went on the coaches conference call and ripped the poop out of Wyoming for firing Schroyer, talking about his shabby treatment, ignorning the fact that Schroyer was relieved of his duties in midseason because he refused to coach the rest of the season unless being assured of being able to return.
Class? He bithced about Laramie being a cowtown that you can't get to after his school chartered a plane so small to get to Laramie last year that it had to stop in Utah to refuel and was snowed in.
Class? He moans that playing in Laramie isn't fair because of the altitude and cold.
Class? He has a bunch of selfish prima donas running up and down the court, and then as he sits on the bench and does nothing to coach them complains that they didn't stay focused.
Sorry. I don't buy that one.

I agree with him. I think Fisher is a total prick. And I can not stand anything about his team. Franklin is a little punk and Fisher lets him get away with poop.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 243 times

The record book will always show their 9-pt first half...couldn't happen to a better team
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 57 times

I have to disagree with you guys when it comes to SDSU and Fisher.

I was ecstatic when SDSU decided to stay in the MWC. They have built a powerhouse basketball program that you can count on being a force every single year. Viejas Arena has turned into a top 10 home court advantage...great place to watch a college basketball game. Some may disagree with me, but they also have a football program that is on the rise. Really, it was just a matter of time given the location of the school in such a talent rich area. Glad to have SDSU back and looking forward to more battles with them.

Fisher doesn't strike me as particularly classless or classy. Of course he is going to defend Schroyer when he was fired mid-season. Coaches tend to stick together. I think if you asked any coach in the MWC what they thought of the Schroyer firing, every single one of them would not have supported it. I don't have a problem with Fisher expressing his thoughts on the matter. Again, I can see how traveling to Laramie would be annoying. It's not easy to access, especially in the winter when the basketball season is being played. I don't think stating that makes Fisher a classless coach. As far as Fisher stating that it is UNFAIR to have to play in Laramie because of cold or altitude, well, that's a complete lie. I've never heard Fisher mention such a thing. Why would the cold even matter? Last I checked, the game is played inside the AA, and the heating system in the building is working just fine.

What bothered me the most were the complaints about Fisher's recruiting and coaching. Until we are winning games consistently on the same level that SDSU and Fisher have for the past 5-10 seasons, then I think we should all shut up when it comes to the players SDSU has and how Fisher coaches them. Steve Fisher, a poor coach? Give me a break. The guy guided a team to the Final Four. How many other MWC coaches can say that?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

TheRealUW wrote:I have to disagree with you guys when it comes to SDSU and Fisher.

I was ecstatic when SDSU decided to stay in the MWC. They have built a powerhouse basketball program that you can count on being a force every single year. Viejas Arena has turned into a top 10 home court advantage...great place to watch a college basketball game. Some may disagree with me, but they also have a football program that is on the rise. Really, it was just a matter of time given the location of the school in such a talent rich area. Glad to have SDSU back and looking forward to more battles with them.

Fisher doesn't strike me as particularly classless or classy. Of course he is going to defend Schroyer when he was fired mid-season. Coaches tend to stick together. I think if you asked any coach in the MWC what they thought of the Schroyer firing, every single one of them would not have supported it. I don't have a problem with Fisher expressing his thoughts on the matter. Again, I can see how traveling to Laramie would be annoying. It's not easy to access, especially in the winter when the basketball season is being played. I don't think stating that makes Fisher a classless coach. As far as Fisher stating that it is UNFAIR to have to play in Laramie because of cold or altitude, well, that's a complete lie. I've never heard Fisher mention such a thing. Why would the cold even matter? Last I checked, the game is played inside the AA, and the heating system in the building is working just fine.

What bothered me the most were the complaints about Fisher's recruiting and coaching. Until we are winning games consistently on the same level that SDSU and Fisher have for the past 5-10 seasons, then I think we should all shut up when it comes to the players SDSU has and how Fisher coaches them. Steve Fisher, a poor coach? Give me a break. The guy guided a team to the Final Four. How many other MWC coaches can say that?
SDSU has a powerhouse basketball program? Read my signature then re-think that.
And Fisher just recently said that about traveling to Laramie and Fort Collins. Dude, teams have been coming to Laramie and Fort Collins to play sports since the 1800s!!!! It is NOT that big of a deal. Is it WYOMINGS fault that they got a piece of poop plane last year that had to stop for fuel then got snowed in? Why doesn't the wyoming plane have struggles getting everywhere they go?
Fisher is a classless douche.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
wyopig
Ranch Hand

Fisher coached a team to the Final Four? Not according to Michigan and NCAA record books.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

wyopig wrote:Fisher coached a team to the Final Four? Not according to Michigan and NCAA record books.
Kinda like how Reggie Bush didn't win the Heisman.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Personally I love everything Tracy says and does except for one. He likes to stand up and stretch his legs during the game and his cowboy hat is hard to see around since we sit right behind him LOL. Well that and all the people who come to say hi to him stand in my damn way

That said I will never ever get rid of the portal seats. So many hot girls walked in and out the other night. It was fantastic :D
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 4 times

Real cowboys know you're supposed to take your hat off indoors. At least, gentlemen cowboys do. :D
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

I don't wear a cowboy hat but the only indoors that counts for taking my hat off is inside houses if I plan to stay a while. :tickedoff:
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Aaron wrote:I don't wear a cowboy hat but the only indoors that counts for taking my hat off is inside houses if I plan to stay a while. :tickedoff:
yeah!!!....if pistol pete can wear his, then so can i
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

wyopig wrote:Fisher coached a team to the Final Four? Not according to Michigan and NCAA record books.
Yes he actually won a final four in 1989 before the Fab Five
gbpoke
Cowpoke

thirtyseven wrote:
Yes he actually won a final four in 1989 before the Fab Five
I guess technically he did, but he only coached in the NCAA Tournament--not the entire season--taking the place of Bill Frieder, who coached the team during the regular season.
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

nm